Jeb Bush looking at running for 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Jeb Bush looking at running for 2016
(01-01-2015 12:07 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  The Bush brand is probably fatally damaged, but Jeb Bush is the best of the Bushes by far, he has a lock on a key state, a Hispanic wife, and nothing bad happened while he was governor here.

Also, he seems to be really in tune with the Republican Party right now. He's quite conservative, but he's definitely not one of the fruit cake nut jobs. I think that's where the Repubs want to be these days.

Coming out early and leading the pack makes him a prime target, so we should expect a great deal of dirt digging is currently underway.

All this, bad news for Marco Rubio. He's a talented fellow and a rising star, but Bush would never pick a fellow Floridian for the ticket. His only shot would seem to be to knock off Bush somehow, but he's pretty short in the experience department.

I see Bush winning the GOP nomination, then picking a popular running mate from a swing state. Jeb Bush will win Florida easily in a presidential election, which is important since every presidential winner except one has needed Florida in the last 40 years. He will be very difficult to beat for this reason. Or, he could take the risk and choose Rubio as his running mate for the hispanic vote and he could win California. I believe Jeb Bush will be our next president.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
01-01-2015, 04:27 PM
(01-01-2015 04:13 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 12:07 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  The Bush brand is probably fatally damaged, but Jeb Bush is the best of the Bushes by far, he has a lock on a key state, a Hispanic wife, and nothing bad happened while he was governor here.

Also, he seems to be really in tune with the Republican Party right now. He's quite conservative, but he's definitely not one of the fruit cake nut jobs. I think that's where the Repubs want to be these days.

Coming out early and leading the pack makes him a prime target, so we should expect a great deal of dirt digging is currently underway.

All this, bad news for Marco Rubio. He's a talented fellow and a rising star, but Bush would never pick a fellow Floridian for the ticket. His only shot would seem to be to knock off Bush somehow, but he's pretty short in the experience department.

I see Bush winning the GOP nomination, then picking a popular running mate from a swing state. Jeb Bush will win Florida easily in a presidential election, which is important since every presidential winner except one has needed Florida in the last 40 years. He will be very difficult to beat for this reason. Or, he could take the risk and choose Rubio as his running mate for the hispanic vote and he could win California. I believe Jeb Bush will be our next president.

I wonder if I can leave now?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-01-2015, 06:11 PM
(01-01-2015 12:03 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You wouldn't vote for him just because he is a mormon? Smells of religious bigotry.

Since humans have a notoriously poor sense of smell, let me clarify. It's not the Mormon religion in and of itself I have a problem with in regards to a potential candidate, it's the organization behind the beliefs. It has a tendency to use its considerable leverage to influence politics, i.e. California's Proposition 8, and that must be taken into consideration. I will not place a vote that will give that organization even more leverage.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
01-01-2015, 06:19 PM
(01-01-2015 06:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 12:03 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You wouldn't vote for him just because he is a mormon? Smells of religious bigotry.

Since humans have a notoriously poor sense of smell, let me clarify. It's not the Mormon religion in and of itself I have a problem with in regards to a potential candidate, it's the organization behind the beliefs. It has a tendency to use its considerable leverage to influence politics, i.e. California's Proposition 8, and that must be taken into consideration. I will not place a vote that will give that organization even more leverage.

That's all true, but the batshit crazy beliefs are reason enough.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately, if I wanted to be consistent, excluding people with irrational beliefs would also mean most atheists and agnostics, including myself. Religion is just one of many forms of bullshit.

'Murican Canadian
01-01-2015, 07:26 PM
(01-01-2015 06:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Unfortunately, if I wanted to be consistent, excluding people with irrational beliefs would also mean most atheists and agnostics, including myself. Religion is just one of many forms of bullshit.

Yabut, people aren't entirely rational or consistent; I don't hold myself or others to an impossible standard.

But batshit crazy is batshit crazy. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2015, 10:58 PM
(01-01-2015 10:00 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ^turns out going to college in japan I can go earlier than 20, so once I get enough money I am out of this bitch.

America is racist so you going to Japan?Laugh out load

Funniest thing I've heard in weeks!

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
01-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Jeb Bush looking at running for 2016
I saw this posted somewhere. Hits the nail on the head.

The Republicans don't know it yet, but the way they're about to "govern" for the next two years is going to set them up poorly for 2016. Plus, the economy will still be roaring, and voters won't want to take a chance ruining the gains with another Bush.

Prediction: The new Republican Congress will waste a ton of time on anti-abortion laws. Which will not only get vetoed by the president, but will give Obama a chance to explain why abortion should be safe and legal. Then they'll try to blow the banks while dry fucking consumers and attempt to defang Dodd-Frank and the CFPB. Veto, explain, repeat.

Laugh out load

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
01-01-2015, 11:32 PM
(01-01-2015 10:58 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 10:00 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ^turns out going to college in japan I can go earlier than 20, so once I get enough money I am out of this bitch.

America is racist so you going to Japan?Laugh out load

You do know japan is less racist right?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-01-2015, 01:43 PM
(01-01-2015 11:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 10:58 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  America is racist so you going to Japan?Laugh out load

You do know japan is less racist right?

No it really isn't. Japan is a monoethnic, with non-Japanese making up about 1.6% of the population (source). Japan has huge ethnic issues. I highly suggest you try reading something before making such ignorant statements in the future.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!