Jebus isn't anything special

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2015, 06:41 AM
Think about this -- Christianity is based on the idea that "Jesus died for your sins" - so everyone could have a chance at going to heaven ------

and this is supposed to make Jebus something special????

Pffffffftttttttttttttttttt..

What a crock of shit, disguised as something noble.

Think of this --- if you were in a situation where you could

A. Die a certain death to save a bus load of women and children.
or
B. Walk away and watch them die. ----

How many people could pick "B"?????? Honestly - I'd think damned few -- only the worst of sociopaths could do that. (in fact the worst would probably give the bus it's final push off the cliff).....

If given more than 10 seconds to think about it - (and Jebus had his whole life) -- very few would be able to live with themselves - to let other people die, knowing they could have made the difference.

And Jebus's "bus" was the whole fucking population of the planet?????

Big fuckin' deal, I say.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 07:36 AM
RE: Jebus isn't anything special
no, Christianity is based on the idea that roughly 6000 yrs ago a half blooded demigod was birthed by a virgin women and sent to earth on a grand mission by his father god to preach about how great he is and to be executed in a form of blood sacrifice to appease his dad's endless wrath or something for humanity only to undo it all by COMING back to life a while later Drinking Beverage

THIS REALLY IS CHRISTIANITY IN A NUTSHELL

and not only that Jesus wanting to die or not means nothing considering in the story the Romans would've killed him regardless because they couldn't risk Jesus causing social unrest in their society

I can come up with a better way god could have acted in the story
step1. he forgives humanity without the blood sacrifice
and thats it
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
14-12-2015, 07:48 AM
(14-12-2015 06:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Think about this -- Christianity is based on the idea that "Jesus died for your sins" - so everyone could have a chance at going to heaven ------

Pffffffftttttttttttttttttt..

What a crock of shit, disguised as something noble.

Think of this --- if you were in a situation where you could

A. Die a certain death to save a bus load of women and children.
or
B. Walk away and watch them die. ----

How many people could pick "B"?????? Honestly - I'd think damned few -- only the worst of sociopaths could do that. (in fact the worst would probably give the bus it's final push off the cliff).....

Do you really think most wouldn't choose B? Sociopath or no, most certainly would.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
14-12-2015, 08:50 AM
I absolutely believe most people would choose A.

You'd have to lack a conscience to do otherwise.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-12-2015, 09:22 AM
B in a heartbeat. As an atheist, this is all I get. One measly life. I waste it on some dopey kids in a schoolbus, and it's over. There are no positives to sacrificing yourself for someone else. It's just irrational thinking that is a leftover of the christian influence on society, that's now even more irrational in the absence of eternal rewards. But you've been brainwashed to think it's some moral obligation since childhood.

You're probably right many would choose A. But that's just because they haven't put a lot of thought into it.

Blog: http://141min.tumblr.com/
[+] 1 user Likes wallym's post
15-12-2015, 09:36 AM
I would pick A. All life is precious. Smile
15-12-2015, 10:45 AM
(15-12-2015 09:36 AM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I would pick A. All life is precious. Smile

Especially E. Coli.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
15-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Well, most people at least attempt the A scenario. During the shooting in San Bernadino there were stories of people helping others even they knew they might get shot.

In the idiot story of Jesus, and it is a story, there was zero sacrifice since he knew in advance what would happen, that he would go to heaven and come back to life. A sacrifice is something given that is never returned. A soldier sacrifices life and limb for others. Our Veteran hospitals are full of men and women missing legs, arms and brain function that will never be repaired. They knew in advance that they could lose an arm or leg but they also knew in advance that that leg, arm or brain function would never miraculously grow back.

Now if Jesus had died and gone to hell....that would be an actual sacrifice.

Also there were thousands of people who died a horrible death on the cross. It was a common punishment in Ancient Rome. So Jesus' suffering really wasn't all that special. Christians seem to think that Jesus was the only human that was ever nailed up on some wood. He wasn't.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-12-2015, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2015 11:24 AM by WalkingSnake.)
Not just that he's nothing special but this "ultimate sacrifice" bullcrap is anything but.

By the description that a lot of Christians give, Jesus didn't just die. He also went to Hell...

For 3 fuckin days...

3 days! Oh, wow, Jesus. You know there's people down there that are there forever right? Ultimate sacrifice? You paid for our sins by spending 3 days in the slammer.

I mean that's a conversation I want to know about. Jesus goes to Hell. A tormented soul comes up to him.

Lost Soul: "Who are you?"

Jesus: "I am Jesus, the Son of God."

Lost Soul: *gasp* "The Son of God?!"

Jesus: "I am He."

Lost Soul: "What are you doing here?!"

Jesus: "I have paid the price for the sin of the world. I was crucified on earth..."

Lost Soul: "Oh! And now you come here to take on the punishment of everlasting torment in Hell!"

Jesus: "Well..."

Lost Soul: "Oh, praise be to God. We are saved!"

Jesus: "No, no, you're still going to be here."

Lost Soul: "Oh.... yes, my Lord... it's... it's too late for me... I see that now. But you are truly a loving God to sacrifice for the ones who aren't here yet!"

Jesus: "Well, unless they remain sinners and don't follow my Father's commandments."

Lost: "Ah, right, yes. Still though. You are paying for the sins of the world by taking on the ultimate punishment: everlasting torment in Hell."

Jesus: *mumbles* "three days."

Lost Soul: "What was that, Jesus?"

Jesus: *sigh* "It's three days okay! I'm just staying here for three days."

Lost Soul: "Uh huh. I see. So that's how it is."

Jesus: "Look, I'm the Son of God. I can't stay here. I have to fulfill prophecy. I have to raise from the dead."

Lost Soul: "Jesus. Let me ask you something: do you recognize me? No? I'm the guy who decided to gather sticks together on the Sabbath Day. Yeah! That's me! And because of some rule about not working on the Sabbath, I was put to death. That's why I'm here! So you know what, you can take your prophecy and fulfill your asshole with it. Oh yeah, Jesus! I blasphemed! What are you gonna do, send me to Hell!?"

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like WalkingSnake's post
15-12-2015, 11:19 AM
(14-12-2015 06:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Think about this -- Christianity is based on the idea that "Jesus died for your sins" - so everyone could have a chance at going to heaven ------

Agreed. Vicarious sacrifice is fundamentally immoral and unethical. While one person may willingly suffer the punishment for another person's crimes, that willing victim cannot assume moral guilt. Worse, the original criminal now bears the guilt of allowing someone else to suffer for their misdeeds. And a deity that accepts such a transaction is also acting unethically.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post