Jebus isn't anything special

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Jebus isn't anything special
(15-12-2015 11:05 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, most people at least attempt the A scenario. During the shooting in San Bernadino there were stories of people helping others even they knew they might get shot.

In the idiot story of Jesus, and it is a story, there was zero sacrifice since he knew in advance what would happen, that he would go to heaven and come back to life. A sacrifice is something given that is never returned. A soldier sacrifices life and limb for others. Our Veteran hospitals are full of men and women missing legs, arms and brain function that will never be repaired. They knew in advance that they could lose an arm or leg but they also knew in advance that that leg, arm or brain function would never miraculously grow back.

Now if Jesus had died and gone to hell....that would be an actual sacrifice.

Also there were thousands of people who died a horrible death on the cross. It was a common punishment in Ancient Rome. So Jesus' suffering really wasn't all that special. Christians seem to think that Jesus was the only human that was ever nailed up on some wood. He wasn't.

According to my Sunday School teachers (when I was much younger) Jesus did died so he could go to hell. He fought with Satan to save the souls of all that died before before his coming. Including Adam & Eve.

The story never sat well with me. I always wondered how anyone would know what happened in hell if it wasn't a place that could be visited in the mortal plan. I also never understood why God didn't just pull them out.

Now I understand because it never happened.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2015, 12:18 PM
(15-12-2015 11:16 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  Not just that he's nothing special but this "ultimate sacrifice" bullcrap is anything but.

By the description that a lot of Christians give, Jesus didn't just die. He also went to Hell...

For 3 fuckin days...

3 days! Oh, wow, Jesus. You know there's people down there that are there forever right? Ultimate sacrifice? You paid for our sins by spending 3 days in the slammer.

I mean that's a conversation I want to know about. Jesus goes to Hell. A tormented soul comes up to him.

Lost Soul: "Who are you?"

Jesus: "I am Jesus, the Son of God."

Lost Soul: *gasp* "The Son of God?!"

Jesus: "I am He."

Lost Soul: "What are you doing here?!"

Jesus: "I have paid the price for the sin of the world. I was crucified on earth..."

Lost Soul: "Oh! And now you come here to take on the punishment of everlasting torment in Hell!"

Jesus: "Well..."

Lost Soul: "Oh, praise be to God. We are saved!"

Jesus: "No, no, you're still going to be here."

Lost Soul: "Oh.... yes, my Lord... it's... it's too late for me... I see that now. But you are truly a loving God to sacrifice for the ones who aren't here yet!"

Jesus: "Well, unless they remain sinners and don't follow my Father's commandments."

Lost: "Ah, right, yes. Still though. You are paying for the sins of the world by taking on the ultimate punishment: everlasting torment in Hell."

Jesus: *mumbles* "three days."

Lost Soul: "What was that, Jesus?"

Jesus: *sigh* "It's three days okay! I'm just staying here for three days."

Lost Soul: "Uh huh. I see. So that's how it is."

Jesus: "Look, I'm the Son of God. I can't stay here. I have to fulfill prophecy. I have to raise from the dead."

Lost Soul: "Jesus. Let me ask you something: do you recognize me? No? I'm the guy who decided to gather sticks together on the Sabbath Day. Yeah! That's me! And because of some rule about not working on the Sabbath, I was put to death. That's why I'm here! So you know what, you can take your prophecy and fulfill your asshole with it. Oh yeah, Jesus! I blasphemed! What are you gonna do, send me to Hell!?"

Two days. Do the math. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2015, 12:50 PM
(15-12-2015 12:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 11:16 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  Not just that he's nothing special but this "ultimate sacrifice" bullcrap is anything but.

By the description that a lot of Christians give, Jesus didn't just die. He also went to Hell...

For 3 fuckin days...

3 days! Oh, wow, Jesus. You know there's people down there that are there forever right? Ultimate sacrifice? You paid for our sins by spending 3 days in the slammer.

I mean that's a conversation I want to know about. Jesus goes to Hell. A tormented soul comes up to him.

Jesus: "I have paid the price for the sin of the world. I was crucified on earth..."

Lost Soul: "Oh! And now you come here to take on the punishment of everlasting torment in Hell!"

Lost Soul: "Oh.... yes, my Lord... it's... it's too late for me... I see that now. But you are truly a loving God to sacrifice for the ones who aren't here yet!"

Jesus: "Well, unless they remain sinners and don't follow my Father's commandments."

Lost: "Ah, right, yes. Still though. You are paying for the sins of the world by taking on the ultimate punishment: everlasting torment in Hell."

Jesus: "Look, I'm the Son of God. I can't stay here. I have to fulfill prophecy. I have to raise from the dead."

Lost Soul: "Jesus. Let me ask you something: do you recognize me? No? I'm the guy who decided to gather sticks together on the Sabbath Day. Yeah! That's me! And because of some rule about not working on the Sabbath, I was put to death. That's why I'm here! So you know what, you can take your prophecy and fulfill your asshole with it. Oh yeah, Jesus! I blasphemed! What are you gonna do, send me to Hell!?"

I thought it was a lil over 36 hours not 2 whole days
15-12-2015, 01:29 PM

For 3 fuckin days...

This again?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
15-12-2015, 10:10 PM
(15-12-2015 01:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 12:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Two days. Do the math. Drinking Beverage

This again?

Not 'again', still. Smartass

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-12-2015, 10:22 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-12-2015, 06:01 AM

For 3 fuckin days...

When did math matter for the Bible? Drinking Beverage

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WalkingSnake's post
16-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Jebus isn't anything special
It's Christian math.

Like the no one here will die before the Second Coming and it's a couple thousand years later.

Damn atheists.