Jeebus 'n' turkey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 11:38 PM
Jeebus 'n' turkey
FFS. My brother-in-law already did it. I was having a nice discussion talking physics stuff and I realized where he was going. Sure enough, he went there. He had to bring up religion. At least it was a nice little discussion and nothing too bad.

So, let everyone know when they pop the cherry over turkeyday!!! I figured a thread was going to start eventually.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-11-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: Jeebus 'n' turkey
We probably need a whole thread just for people who accidentally out themselves at Thanksgiving dinner. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
26-11-2015, 09:35 AM
(26-11-2015 05:22 AM)cactus Wrote:  We probably need a whole thread just for people who accidentally out themselves at Thanksgiving dinner. Laugh out load

I had the displeasure last Christmas with my mom point blank asking me if I still believed in god. Followed up with what do I get out of celebrating Christmas if I don't believe in god? Hobo

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-11-2015, 02:21 PM
This??

[Image: ca51262b317bdb2e9709e6771ecae55e.jpg]

[Image: lordturkey.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-11-2015, 02:30 PM
(26-11-2015 09:35 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 05:22 AM)cactus Wrote:  We probably need a whole thread just for people who accidentally out themselves at Thanksgiving dinner. Laugh out load

I had the displeasure last Christmas with my mom point blank asking me if I still believed in god. Followed up with what do I get out of celebrating Christmas if I don't believe in god? Hobo

Presents. We atheists love presents!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
26-11-2015, 04:53 PM
(25-11-2015 11:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  FFS. My brother-in-law already did it. I was having a nice discussion talking physics stuff and I realized where he was going. Sure enough, he went there. He had to bring up religion. At least it was a nice little discussion and nothing too bad.

So, let everyone know when they pop the cherry over turkeyday!!! I figured a thread was going to start eventually.

I almost never have someone bring up the subject with me any more. It's been years. I guess I need to get out more.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
26-11-2015, 06:37 PM
We had the in-laws (among others) over for Thanksgiving dinner and my very Catholic mother in-law always insists on a "blessing" before we start eating. Even though its not really my thing and even though its in my house and thus could object if I wanted, I really don't care. It's important to her, it's Thanksgiving, everybody's here to have a nice time, and it just isn't the time or place for a scene. No skin off my nose.

I'm all about "picking one's battles" and this isn't one of them.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
26-11-2015, 06:47 PM
I was floored that they didn't pray over the food tonight. Granted it was at my house but that is the first time in 15 years that I recall no prayers at a holiday dinner.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
26-11-2015, 08:23 PM
My wife invited a coworker to travel with us to her mother's for today. Coworker is Christ-y and the Lord shows her what to do. Everything is a miracle - we can still get that radio station this far away, it's a miracle! The car in front of us took all the turns we needed through this town so we could follow it, what a miracle! Gas prices are lower outside town, miracle! The Lord brings her counseling clients when they need her, the Lord shows her what to pray for by getting people to tell her what's on the news, and we aren't going to wreck the car because we have Grace and the Lord will guide us.

I am politely smiling and nodding. I have no desire to make her uncomfortable. Doing so would not improve my situation at all. So I just treat her Jesus talk like a four-year-old talking about an invisible playmate. She seems like a very sweet person aside from her Lord-obsession, so why hurt her feelings?

Can't wait to learn what the next miracle is. Maybe she'll have just enough mayo for a turkey sandwich thanks to the Lord.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
26-11-2015, 09:49 PM
(26-11-2015 08:23 PM)I Am Wrote:  My wife invited a coworker to travel with us to her mother's for today. Coworker is Christ-y and the Lord shows her what to do. Everything is a miracle - we can still get that radio station this far away, it's a miracle! The car in front of us took all the turns we needed through this town so we could follow it, what a miracle! Gas prices are lower outside town, miracle! The Lord brings her counseling clients when they need her, the Lord shows her what to pray for by getting people to tell her what's on the news, and we aren't going to wreck the car because we have Grace and the Lord will guide us.

I am politely smiling and nodding. I have no desire to make her uncomfortable. Doing so would not improve my situation at all. So I just treat her Jesus talk like a four-year-old talking about an invisible playmate. She seems like a very sweet person aside from her Lord-obsession, so why hurt her feelings?

Can't wait to learn what the next miracle is. Maybe she'll have just enough mayo for a turkey sandwich thanks to the Lord.

Facepalm

I think I would have jumped out of the moving vehicle.

For my youngest brother, wife and friends everything is “blessed”. Kid gets an A on report card, blessed. The sun comes up in the morning, blessed. Signoff on every fucking FB post, blessings. Hobo

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce