Jeebus 'n' turkey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: Jeebus 'n' turkey
(26-11-2015 09:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 08:23 PM)I Am Wrote:  My wife invited a coworker to travel with us to her mother's for today. Coworker is Christ-y and the Lord shows her what to do. Everything is a miracle - we can still get that radio station this far away, it's a miracle! The car in front of us took all the turns we needed through this town so we could follow it, what a miracle! Gas prices are lower outside town, miracle! The Lord brings her counseling clients when they need her, the Lord shows her what to pray for by getting people to tell her what's on the news, and we aren't going to wreck the car because we have Grace and the Lord will guide us.

I am politely smiling and nodding. I have no desire to make her uncomfortable. Doing so would not improve my situation at all. So I just treat her Jesus talk like a four-year-old talking about an invisible playmate. She seems like a very sweet person aside from her Lord-obsession, so why hurt her feelings?

Can't wait to learn what the next miracle is. Maybe she'll have just enough mayo for a turkey sandwich thanks to the Lord.

Facepalm

I think I would have jumped out of the moving vehicle.

For my youngest brother, wife and friends everything is “blessed”. Kid gets an A on report card, blessed. The sun comes up in the morning, blessed. Signoff on every fucking FB post, blessings. Hobo
I was just back home in Virginia after 9 years away. Became atheist in the meantime and I couldn't believe how people are there now. Just how you describe. I don't think I could live there now. I guess I was oblivious back then. It amazes me that so many intelligent people buy into it hook line and sinker. It was just us this Thanksgiving, but my wife's family isn't religious so it is never an issue.

On a side note, my daughter is going to a christian college. Her two christian room mates are a mess. One has been with seven different guys in the past month and now thinks she may be pregnant and doesn't know who the father is. She stays out all night drinking. My daughter who is not religious is studying hard and getting straight A's. Go figure.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
26-11-2015, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2015 10:40 AM by Loom.)
RE: Jeebus 'n' turkey
Before the turkey coma set in we decided to put up the Christmas tree. At some point during the assembly, my younger sister mentioned her school putting up a 'holiday' tree. She was told that, in order not to offend others, school staff weren't going to officially dub it a Christmas tree.

To this, my dad scoffed. "And just what holiday do they think they're celebrating?" he said, with a giant grin.

It took a lot of willpower not to remind him of the other winter solstice holidays such as Ramadan, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa, or the fact that the origins of the Christmas tree are rooted in pagan traditions, and was, like many other things, hijacked by Christianity.

le sigh

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post