Rest In Peace, Ted Cruz! Laugh out load

[Image: cruz_trump_cartoon_ben_garrison.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: Jeff Sessions endorses Donald Trump
I'll ask the same question.
How much did Trump pay for that endorsement?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-02-2016, 08:48 PM
How's he relevant to Cruz now?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-02-2016, 09:00 PM
(28-02-2016 08:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How's he relevant to Cruz now?
Ted Cruz has been praising this guy as a true conservative for months. The second video is only one of many examples. Not a single senator has come forward to endorse Cruz since he announced his presidency and this was the one senator who might have done it. This endorsement is huge and it's a death blow for Cruz' campaign.

28-02-2016, 09:07 PM
(28-02-2016 09:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How's he relevant to Cruz now?
Ted Cruz has been praising this guy as a true conservative for months. The second video is only one of many examples. Not a single senator has come forward to endorse Cruz since he announced his presidency and this was the one senator who might have done it. This endorsement is huge and it's a death blow for Cruz' campaign.
I don't quite get why you're seeningkess against Cruz. Your heartfelt talk about thinking of progress being doable based on division of Congress wouldn't be better served by one like trump over one like Cruz

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-02-2016, 09:26 PM
(28-02-2016 09:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Ted Cruz has been praising this guy as a true conservative for months. The second video is only one of many examples. Not a single senator has come forward to endorse Cruz since he announced his presidency and this was the one senator who might have done it. This endorsement is huge and it's a death blow for Cruz' campaign.
I don't quite get why you're seeningkess against Cruz. Your heartfelt talk about thinking of progress being doable based on division of Congress wouldn't be better served by one like trump over one like Cruz
There's a long list of reasons. To start with, even among politicians, he's one of the nastier, slimy forms of liars. Right before the Iowa caucuses, he had his campaign staffers tell voters that Ben Carson was dropping out of the race and that they should vote for him instead, which was completely and utterly false. He later tried to blame this on a CNN report, but this criticism was also exposed as a blatant lie. His campaign also sent out thousands of fraudulent "voter violation" letters to intimidate people into voting for him. They even made them look like official government documents. These two factors probably contributed to Trump's loss in Iowa, maybe even to the extent that Trump would have won if Cruz hadn't used these dirty tricks.

It's no coincidence that Trump has won every state afterwards and is expected to win all 10+ states (save for Cruz' home state Texas) on Super Tuesday.

Another big issue with Cruz is that he is universally disliked. He is a career politician who has been a senator for years, yet he can't get a single one of his colleagues to endorse or vouch for him. Trump, on the other hand, just got endorsed by one of the most widely respected and conservative senators in the entire GOP. I don't know about you, but it sure sounds to me like he has a better chance at uniting Congress than Cruz does. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
28-02-2016, 10:09 PM
(28-02-2016 09:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't quite get why you're seeningkess against Cruz. Your heartfelt talk about thinking of progress being doable based on division of Congress wouldn't be better served by one like trump over one like Cruz
There's a long list of reasons. To start with, even among politicians, he's one of the nastier, slimy forms of liars. Right before the Iowa caucuses, he had his campaign staffers tell voters that Ben Carson was dropping out of the race and that they should vote for him instead, which was completely and utterly false. He later tried to blame this on a CNN report, but this criticism was also exposed as a blatant lie. His campaign also sent out thousands of fraudulent "voter violation" letters to intimidate people into voting for him. They even made them look like official government documents. These two factors probably contributed to Trump's loss in Iowa, maybe even to the extent that Trump would have won if Cruz hadn't used these dirty tricks.

It's no coincidence that Trump has won every state afterwards and is expected to win all 10+ states (save for Cruz' home state Texas) on Super Tuesday.

Another big issue with Cruz is that he is universally disliked. He is a career politician who has been a senator for years, yet he can't get a single one of his colleagues to endorse or vouch for him. Trump, on the other hand, just got endorsed by one of the most widely respected and conservative senators in the entire GOP. I don't know about you, but it sure sounds to me like he has a better chance at uniting Congress than Cruz does. Tongue

He's hardly a "career politician".
"Cruz graduated from Princeton University in 1992, and from Harvard Law School in 1995. Between 1999 and 2003, Cruz was the director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, an associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice, and domestic policy advisor to President George W. Bush on the 2000 George W. Bush presidential campaign. He served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, appointed by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott. He was the first Hispanic, and the longest-serving solicitor general, in Texas history. From 2004 to 2009, Cruz was also an adjunct professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation." ... Wiki

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-02-2016, 10:18 PM
(28-02-2016 09:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Trump, on the other hand, just got endorsed by one of the most widely respected and conservative senators in the entire GOP. I don't know about you, but it sure sounds to me like he has a better chance at uniting Congress than Cruz does. Tongue

He might have a better chance than Cruz, but it is still a miniscule one. He is alienating all but the dimmest in the rank and file of the Republican Party and his endorsements are from politicians who have waited to place their bets and are looking out for themselves.

Should he get elected President, he will get no support from Democrats in the House or Senate; he won't be uniting anything.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-02-2016, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2016 01:51 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-02-2016 10:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Trump, on the other hand, just got endorsed by one of the most widely respected and conservative senators in the entire GOP. I don't know about you, but it sure sounds to me like he has a better chance at uniting Congress than Cruz does. Tongue

He might have a better chance than Cruz, but it is still a miniscule one. He is alienating all but the dimmest in the rank and file of the Republican Party and his endorsements are from politicians who have waited to place their bets and are looking out for themselves.

Should he get elected President, he will get no support from Democrats in the House or Senate; he won't be uniting anything.

He has NO chance at *uniting* the Republican Party. Friday he called their last candidate a "dope".
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/pol....html?_r=0
http://www.wcvb.com/politics/mitt-romney...s/38177212

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-02-2016, 01:48 AM
(28-02-2016 10:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 09:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  There's a long list of reasons. To start with, even among politicians, he's one of the nastier, slimy forms of liars. Right before the Iowa caucuses, he had his campaign staffers tell voters that Ben Carson was dropping out of the race and that they should vote for him instead, which was completely and utterly false. He later tried to blame this on a CNN report, but this criticism was also exposed as a blatant lie. His campaign also sent out thousands of fraudulent "voter violation" letters to intimidate people into voting for him. They even made them look like official government documents. These two factors probably contributed to Trump's loss in Iowa, maybe even to the extent that Trump would have won if Cruz hadn't used these dirty tricks.

He's hardly a "career politician".
"Cruz graduated from Princeton University in 1992, and from Harvard Law School in 1995. Between 1999 and 2003, Cruz was the director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, an associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice, and domestic policy advisor to President George W. Bush on the 2000 George W. Bush presidential campaign. He served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, appointed by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott. He was the first Hispanic, and the longest-serving solicitor general, in Texas history. From 2004 to 2009, Cruz was also an adjunct professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation." ... Wiki
Good point, I was probably thinking of Bernie when I used that term. Consider