Jeff Sessions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2016, 10:08 AM
RE: Jeff Sessions
Here is a list of all the US Senators

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

Discussing this with my husband, he recommended a phone call to each of your Senators and Representatives. E-mails don't get read. They're just put in an in box and counted. That's ok but a phone call is better.

I'm also composing a "letter of discontent" and will have as many people sign it as possible. Then I'm taking the letter physically down to the Senators office and hand it to the office manager.

Sessions voted for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and against the Matthew Shepard Act. Yeah, he's a Christian nut case.

Phone your Senators! At least send an email.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-11-2016, 10:10 AM
I understand the first two, but what's wrong with the third part? Is there anyone here who thinks that federal contractors should be allowed to hire illegal immigrants? Huh

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-11-2016, 10:12 AM
(18-11-2016 10:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I understand the first two, but what's wrong with the third part? Is there anyone here who thinks that federal contractors should be allowed to hire illegal immigrants? Huh

Trump hired illegal immigrants to build his monuments to himself. He doesn't set a good example.

18-11-2016, 10:13 AM
(18-11-2016 10:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I understand the first two, but what's wrong with the third part? Is there anyone here who thinks that federal contractors should be allowed to hire illegal immigrants? Huh

I would have to know more specifics, but in general, no, I don't think that. But you're objecting to one small part of that third point. He's also fought legal immigration.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2016, 10:30 AM
(18-11-2016 10:12 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Trump hired illegal immigrants to build his monuments to himself. He doesn't set a good example.
What does that have to do with my question?

(18-11-2016 10:13 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I would have to know more specifics, but in general, no, I don't think that. But you're objecting to one small part of that third point. He also opposes legal immigration.
I think that's too broad a statement. He opposes some forms of legal immigration and for good reasons. The guest worker program for illegal immigrants, for instance, should be opposed for obvious reasons while the "visa programs for foreign workers in science, math and high-tech" should be opposed because big corporations have a long history of abusing and exploiting them to get cheap, qualified labor from India and other poor nations in order to replace their expensive American workers. The H-1B visa is a textbook example of that abuse.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-11-2016, 10:53 AM
(18-11-2016 10:30 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 10:12 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Trump hired illegal immigrants to build his monuments to himself. He doesn't set a good example.

(18-11-2016 10:13 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I would have to know more specifics, but in general, no, I don't think that. But you're objecting to one small part of that third point. He also opposes legal immigration.
I think that's too broad a statement. He opposes some forms of legal immigration and for good reasons. The guest worker program for illegal immigrants, for instance, should be opposed for obvious reasons while the "visa programs for foreign workers in science, math and high-tech" should be opposed because big corporations have a long history of abusing and exploiting them to get cheap, qualified labor from India and other poor nations in order to replace their expensive American workers. The H-1B visa is a textbook example of that abuse.

As I said, I would have to know more specifics. It's hard to make general statements about something as broad as immigration policy.
18-11-2016, 10:54 AM

It's not a big issue for federal contractors. It's fluff. They're not the ones driving around picking up day workers.

If you work in this country you're supposed to show either a US passport, or two forms of identification to prove you are a us citizen.

If you are going through the immigration process you must submit the appropriate documents.

This is the case of wagging the dog...or taking something that's not a huge issue to begin with and making it seem like it is by being against it.

Sorta like trump saying of abortion that women shouldn't be allowed to kill their baby in the 9TH MONTH. As if that's actually a thing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-11-2016, 11:02 AM
(18-11-2016 10:08 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  E-mails don't get read.

You just have to use the right keywords: bomb, anthrax, ammonium nitrate, jihad, allah, infidels, fatwa, ...

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-11-2016, 11:04 AM
(18-11-2016 10:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

It's not a big issue for federal contractors. It's fluff. They're not the ones driving around picking up day workers.

They got subcontractors for that. It's already illegal and they know how to get around the law. That's not gonna change.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-11-2016, 11:08 AM
(18-11-2016 10:30 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

(18-11-2016 10:30 AM)Vosur Wrote:  ...should be opposed because big corporations have a long history of abusing and exploiting them to get cheap, qualified labor

You mean like the 200 undocumented Polish workers Trumps contractors hired to demolish buildings to make room for trump towers? The ones that sued Trump for payment? The Polish workers that a judge ruled in favor of and told Trump he had to pay $325.000..... plus interest?

Like this Trump example of abuse and exploitation?

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post