Jeff makes lots of anti-democrat threads so this is a anti-republican thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: Jeff makes lots of anti-democrat threads so this is a anti-republican thread
grovers a dog?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Jeff makes lots of anti-democrat threads so this is a anti-republican thread
(12-09-2012 07:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 06:28 PM)Humakt Wrote:  By concern, I mean that I have no say, nor indeed any right to a say over American polotics. I am not now or have ever been an American citizen. Therefore it is not my concern.

Am I concerned as in in the sense of worried, then yes I am, but what concerns me is not the economy, it is more that the values of our collective society have changed to such an extent that I have no sympathy for us any more. We have lost our way and condone the abhorant, ignore the blatant power mongering of our goverments and the obvious fact that it is getting worse day by day.

So yes, Im worried about your country, but its not my business its you and your fellow citizens that have that happy task.

Oh, I don't know about that. I think we are slowly making progress about understand one another. Religion, and racism, and homophobia, and what not are slowly diminishing as we become more global. There is, however, more effective technology for us to kill each other. I'm actually surprised no nuclear weapons have been used by anyone, on anyone in nearly 70 years. You have to admit, that is pretty damn impressive. It has been estimated that there are over 20,000 nuclear weapons and none have been used on people in almost 70 years. There is hope for us yet.

You may see hope in those things, what I see is the legitamisation of torture, the actual employment of torture, detension without trial, illegal military action, the suspension of our rights under the blanket excuse of security. I see an almost blanket unwillingness on the part of most people to talk about these things, everyone knows the society we are suppossedly protecting has been destroyed by our collective action and inactions.

But not to be a complete gloomy Gus, there is always hope for us I dont really much basis for it, but history shows us that nothing lasts.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
14-09-2012, 06:31 PM
(13-09-2012 06:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 01:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's my voting lifelong party you're dissing muffintop. ... I'll let Elvis Costello sum up my current opinion of my party. ... At first I was disgusted, now I try to be amused. As the late great William F. Buckley Jr. rolls over in his fucking grave.

So.. you find them disgusting and you still vote for them because it's at a point where it's so disgusting it's funny?

The fuck muffinhead, you calling Girly stupid? I stopped voting for them in the general election a while ago (like 2004 when I realized putting idiots in charge is not a good thing). I stay in the party so I can vote in their primaries (MD has closed primaries). I vote for the least electable, most ridiculous bozo they put up in the primaries so they will lose in the general. And yes, I find that fucking hilarious. The fuck muffintop, Girly ain't stupid. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
14-09-2012, 08:29 PM
(12-09-2012 07:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Oh, I don't know about that. I think we are slowly making progress about understand one another. Religion, and racism, and homophobia, and what not are slowly diminishing as we become more global. There is, however, more effective technology for us to kill each other. I'm actually surprised no nuclear weapons have been used by anyone, on anyone in nearly 70 years. You have to admit, that is pretty damn impressive. It has been estimated that there are over 20,000 nuclear weapons and none have been used on people in almost 70 years. There is hope for us yet.

I don't know how impressive that really is though, we are very smart about it. With second strike capabilities a country would be committing suicide to use one, and most industrialized if not all have second strike capabilities. Plus we have more democracies now then ever and 2 democracies have never gone to war, so I wouldn't say its impressive, its strategic. We just know how to watch our asses as do pretty much everyone else.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
[+] 1 user Likes Alice's post
14-09-2012, 11:20 PM
(14-09-2012 08:29 PM)Alice Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 07:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Oh, I don't know about that. I think we are slowly making progress about understand one another. Religion, and racism, and homophobia, and what not are slowly diminishing as we become more global. There is, however, more effective technology for us to kill each other. I'm actually surprised no nuclear weapons have been used by anyone, on anyone in nearly 70 years. You have to admit, that is pretty damn impressive. It has been estimated that there are over 20,000 nuclear weapons and none have been used on people in almost 70 years. There is hope for us yet.

I don't know how impressive that really is though, we are very smart about it. With second strike capabilities a country would be committing suicide to use one, and most industrialized if not all have second strike capabilities. Plus we have more democracies now then ever and 2 democracies have never gone to war, so I wouldn't say its impressive, its strategic. We just know how to watch our asses as do pretty much everyone else.

Maybe you're not impressed, but I am. It still very well may happen in the future, but when else in history has a country had such a great technological advantage in warfare and opted not to use it to take advantage of others for power, in any political environment? Perhaps never. Yeah, Cold War, intimidation, blah, blah, blah, I still think it's pretty amazing. You may not agree about how big of accomplishment it is, just throwing my two cents in there.

14-09-2012, 11:57 PM
(14-09-2012 06:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 06:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. you find them disgusting and you still vote for them because it's at a point where it's so disgusting it's funny?

The fuck muffinhead, you calling Girly stupid? I stopped voting for them in the general election a while ago (like 2004 when I realized putting idiots in charge is not a good thing). I stay in the party so I can vote in their primaries (MD has closed primaries). I vote for the least electable, most ridiculous bozo they put up in the primaries so they will lose in the general. And yes, I find that fucking hilarious. The fuck muffintop, Girly ain't stupid. Wink

Ahhh, fair call.
Slow golf clap for you good sir.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
15-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Well, read TTA Seth Andrews' fb feed, all the republican talking points pass Sad

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
15-09-2012, 08:50 AM
(14-09-2012 11:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 08:29 PM)Alice Wrote:  I don't know how impressive that really is though, we are very smart about it. With second strike capabilities a country would be committing suicide to use one, and most industrialized if not all have second strike capabilities. Plus we have more democracies now then ever and 2 democracies have never gone to war, so I wouldn't say its impressive, its strategic. We just know how to watch our asses as do pretty much everyone else.

Maybe you're not impressed, but I am. It still very well may happen in the future, but when else in history has a country had such a great technological advantage in warfare and opted not to use it to take advantage of others for power, in any political environment? Perhaps never. Yeah, Cold War, intimidation, blah, blah, blah, I still think it's pretty amazing. You may not agree about how big of accomplishment it is, just throwing my two cents in there.

I would be impressed if there wasn't any if there was a major conflict and someone didn't hold a second strike capability, and we weren't in a global economy. I think its because of our technological advances that we don't have a nuclear war not a advance in humanity. If a industrialized country took out another, first the country who attacked would be attacked and then every ones economy would collapse. And probably both countries involved would see their currency collapse. Its a well studied theory that what has created peace is democracy and trade. Too much to lose now compared to any other time in history.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
[+] 1 user Likes Alice's post
16-09-2012, 11:39 AM
(15-09-2012 08:50 AM)Alice Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 11:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Maybe you're not impressed, but I am. It still very well may happen in the future, but when else in history has a country had such a great technological advantage in warfare and opted not to use it to take advantage of others for power, in any political environment? Perhaps never. Yeah, Cold War, intimidation, blah, blah, blah, I still think it's pretty amazing. You may not agree about how big of accomplishment it is, just throwing my two cents in there.

I would be impressed if there wasn't any if there was a major conflict and someone didn't hold a second strike capability, and we weren't in a global economy. I think its because of our technological advances that we don't have a nuclear war not a advance in humanity. If a industrialized country took out another, first the country who attacked would be attacked and then every ones economy would collapse. And probably both countries involved would see their currency collapse. Its a well studied theory that what has created peace is democracy and trade. Too much to lose now compared to any other time in history.

Alice, looks we we just have a disagreement. I appreciate you sharing your viewpoint though. I see where your coming from, just disagree on it. Undecided

18-09-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm an atheist, and fiscal conservative/socially libertarian.

I am surprised by some of your replies here. Sounds like some of you only vote for whomever is listed as a Democrat in the ballot and would be happy if the Democrats controlled the White House and Congress in perpetuity. Great display of critical thinking comrades.

I, however, prefer the "don't leave them too long in power approach." The fact is that both Democrats and Republicans become corrupt the longer they are in power, so the key is to flush them down the political toilet often, before politics starts to stink too much. Both Democrats and Republicans can't be trusted...politicians are all lying crooks. So the way I vote is simple...a Democrat in the White House? Vote Republican. Republicans control the Senate, Vote Democrat. Democrats in control of the House, vote Republican. The same goes for local politics. I don't want a politician hanging around for too long. Best that way, before they have a chance to do too much corruption.