Jeffrey Lang - From Atheism to Belief: A Journey to Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
24-08-2014, 05:25 PM
RE: Jeffrey Lang - From Atheism to Belief: A Journey to Islam
(24-08-2014 04:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Note from Mod...

Sorry to have 'pinked' your post. I know your position is opposition to the crime but the rule is in place to shield those who have been / are victims of this heinous practice.

Meanwhile... thanks for the info.

I have learned that the Sunnis are the Roundheads and the Shias are the Cavaliers.

I was always on the side of the parliamentarians but the king's men definitely had more style.

Ironically, both teams also believed in the wrong god.

Laugh out load

N.B. "Exceptions are made for posts opposing acts of child molestation, " So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Sorry to have 'pinked' your post. I know your position is opposition to the crime but the rule is in place to shield those who have been / are victims of this heinous practice.

I have learned that the Sunnis are the Roundheads and the Shias are the Cavaliers.

I was always on the side of the parliamentarians but the king's men definitely had more style.

Laugh out load

Blink

oops, sorry if I offended someone by describing severely inappropriate actions with a child by using the correct word. I get your point though. Now how to describe this in the future when I am defending against muslim sharia law practices? Consider Is there a term you would prefer?

Also, please don't consider me poking here, but I clicked the rules you provided and it says:

Paedophilia
This applies to all posts that refer to paedophilia, both in the colloquial, and by the dictionary definition. The consequences for making such posts are receiving an official warning and, in the event of repeated offenses, your account being banned. Exceptions are made for posts opposing acts of child molestation, or for members who have been molested and are seeking support. The Forum Team and all members are responsible for vigilance.

Didn't realize I had bruised something there, I will make an effort to not repeat it. Hope no one was offended, if so my sincerest apologies. That was not my intention. Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
25-08-2014, 02:02 AM
(24-08-2014 07:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Laugh out load

Blink

oops, sorry if I offended someone by describing severely inappropriate actions with a child by using the correct word. I get your point though. Now how to describe this in the future when I am defending against muslim sharia law practices? Consider Is there a term you would prefer?

Also, please don't consider me poking here, but I clicked the rules you provided and it says:

Paedophilia
This applies to all posts that refer to paedophilia, both in the colloquial, and by the dictionary definition. The consequences for making such posts are receiving an official warning and, in the event of repeated offenses, your account being banned. Exceptions are made for posts opposing acts of child molestation, or for members who have been molested and are seeking support. The Forum Team and all members are responsible for vigilance.

Didn't realize I had bruised something there, I will make an effort to not repeat it. Hope no one was offended, if so my sincerest apologies. That was not my intention. Unsure

Well, I make no secret about my opinion of this rule.

But as Mod, I made a call to throw some grit on a potential slippery slope / escalation. (Yup, that metaphor is most mixed).

Perhaps a spoiler / warning regrading content next time?

Cheers.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-08-2014, 02:29 AM
(25-08-2014 02:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 07:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Blink

Paedophilia

But as Mod, I made a call to throw some grit on a potential slippery slope / escalation. (Yup, that metaphor is most mixed).

Cheers.

No you made a bad call and mutilated a post that fell well within the rule as has been pointed out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-08-2014, 02:39 AM
(25-08-2014 02:29 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ..
No you made a bad call and mutilated a post that fell well within the rule as has been pointed out.

And given the intent of that rule, I would make the same bad call each time.

Had GWOG's post been in response to a positive stance on the haram subject, I would have made a different call.

25-08-2014, 02:46 AM
(25-08-2014 02:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Had GWOG's post been in response to a positive stance on the haram subject, I would have made a different call.

Read the rule it specifically says you can condemn the practice which is what he was doing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-08-2014, 02:47 AM
For our next discussion, I propose that we argue which side of the toast we should butter.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-08-2014, 02:53 AM
(25-08-2014 02:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  For our next discussion, I propose that we argue which side of the toast we should butter.

The up-side, clearly. Sleepy

[Image: Butter-Side-Up.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2014, 04:37 AM
(25-08-2014 02:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 07:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Blink

Paedophilia

Cheers.

point taken, I did come at him kind of rough, but I did that on purpose. Blush

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
25-08-2014, 10:34 AM
(25-08-2014 02:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

I don't think you understand the rule. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post