Jehovah Witless

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Jehovah Witless
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/parents-deny-daughter-undergo-life-saving-transplant-4969178

Fucking winners, yea, let your daughter die because that’s normal…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Karl's post
14-07-2012, 04:54 PM
RE: Jehovah Witless
And they base this insanity on their understanding of Acts 15:20
Quote:to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.
Really? They are fucking bonkers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Wow... fucked up. Why can't they just sin quickly now and be sorry later and make it up to their tyrant God?
14-07-2012, 07:07 PM
It disgusts me that something like this can happen. It shows perfectly well which dangers and negative effects a delusion, carried on as a tradition, can have.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
14-07-2012, 07:19 PM
(14-07-2012 07:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It disgusts me that something like this can happen. It shows perfectly well which dangers and negative effects a delusion, carried on as a tradition, can have.
And this delusion is based on the most tenuous thread of interpretation. It's just whacked. Hobo

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-07-2012, 10:53 PM
The really fucked up thing about it is that the kid will be mentioned in talks all across the globe. 'The child is saved!' will be said.

I say this because I heard this type of thing by a circuit overseer (the head honcho one going from congregation to congregation who reports back to the Bethels). I was younger, but you don't forget the details of such a horror story. A little girl needed regular transfusions to live. The parents said no. The courts ruled yes. So they kidnapped the kid and brought her into hiding. The little girl was saved in the eyes of Jehovah! The positive spin from the circuit overseer douche (otherwise the talk would have been called 'Murder in the name of God') was shite and my family swallowed it whole.

And they wonder why I left!

CTS

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Typically fucking Aucklanders making this country look bad, bloody jafa's.

I love how there is a 'parent consent' policy but if your parents say no the court will just say yes anyway...
But good that they did of course.

It should be a crime to deny your child life saving operations.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
15-07-2012, 10:57 AM
I'll tell you a story here about an obstetrician whom I've known a long time, and believe.

She attended a JW patient in hospital who had a serious haemhorrage after childbirth, and needed a blood transfusion. Her JW husband (!!) said no, though told she would die. The hospital went to court and got an order, but too late - she died. The husband then sued my friend - failed, naturally.

The husband remarried and when his new wife was about to give birth, he specifically asked for her to be treated by my friend. Mad as a box of frogs. My friend refused, of course.

Eternal happiness is rhubarb tart. - John Cleese
15-07-2012, 07:30 PM
(15-07-2012 10:57 AM)Ratbag Wrote:  I'll tell you a story here about an obstetrician whom I've known a long time, and believe.

She attended a JW patient in hospital who had a serious haemhorrage after childbirth, and needed a blood transfusion. Her JW husband (!!) said no, though told she would die. The hospital went to court and got an order, but too late - she died. The husband then sued my friend - failed, naturally.

The husband remarried and when his new wife was about to give birth, he specifically asked for her to be treated by my friend. Mad as a box of frogs. My friend refused, of course.
Batshit crazy.

Why they can get away with it is beyond me. He should be done for murder, it's that simple.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
16-07-2012, 11:27 AM
(15-07-2012 07:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why they can get away with it is beyond me. He should be done for murder, it's that simple.
Nope. How about the physicians who stood by, refusing to break the law? If the law gives him that choice... that's how it is. The target of your ire should be the fucking stupid law. And then the fucking stupid person. But the fucking stupid person is not a fucking stupid murderer even if he done it. He's just a prick.