Jehovah Witnesses - Watchtower at my door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: Jehovah Witnesses - Watchtower at my door
My dad would answer the door shirtless, declaring himself a buddhist, whilst rubbing his round belly. This never failed to freak them out and off the porch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
11-02-2017, 09:18 PM
(11-02-2017 08:00 PM)ImFred Wrote:  The atheist in that video seems like a complete dick.

Well the theist was pretty easy going. I'd have walked passed. Who cares what he believes?

It's not like he was spruiking. "Take a pamphlet if you like" is not aggressive.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-02-2017, 09:25 PM
(11-02-2017 01:32 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I like JDubs.

They don't vote. They don't fight in wars. They don't breed that much. They don't believe in hell or scarring the shit out of people. They're not racist. They have a cool vision of peace on earth. They also don't do Christmas and I hate that shit.

I know they have some shitty downsides like homophobia but as far as weirdo religions go they're alright.

I'd be nice to them but no one goes door to door in my neighborhood.

A coworker and friend was trying to move away from the life of the JW's after being disfellowed in front of her toddler daughter. A public display of shame and being ostracized by all JWs, including family.

One of the saddest sentiments I have ever heard was that my friend was actually sort of happy that her grandmother had dementia in the last couple years of her life...because if the grandmother would have remembered my friend had been disfellowed she would not have allowed her to come visit.

I don't deal with them any more when they show up...I just get rid of them quickly and go about my day.

They are either illiterate or just don't think the 'No Soliciting' sign on the front door applies to them...'cause gawd.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Nice work!

I've had a few come to my door before, but I've always just politely told them I'm not interested. I think I'll take on the next lot I get.

I like to take an even more direct approach with theists:

"Why should I care about any of this? Why should I care if God exists? Why should I care what he wants?"

"Why does God need your help to communicate with me?"

I rarely get an answer. If I do get one, under all the bullshit, it's about dancing like a bitch for rewards and/or to avoid punishments. And again, I'm not interested. If God wants to have a sensible conversation with me, I'm sure he's more than capable of doing so, without the help of religious busybodies.

Maybe I'll show them my video.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
11-02-2017, 09:51 PM
(11-02-2017 07:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Many moons ago, my first hubby had a pet boa. I had lost the belt to my robe and was in the habit of wrapping the snake around my waist (the snake loved the warmth and just snuggled in) after my shower to keep the robe in place.

Knock, knock. I opened the door. A Jehova family, two kids. (I hate how they use the kids as shield!!!!) The snake moved it's head towards them and stuck it's tongue out to assess the situation.

Poof! No more Jehovas at the door.

You wicked little thing! That's hilarious!

I had a neighbor (he moved a few years ago) who had some jovies show up at his door. He was boinking some gal, but got up to answer the door with a raging erection and the question, "What do you want!?". They never came back. Laugh out load
12-02-2017, 01:50 AM
JW visited my home once, I told them that I'm an atheist. Strangely enough they realized that I'm not interested in what they try to peddle and left. Not even one visit since then. Maybe they're afraid that unbelief is contagious?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
12-02-2017, 02:07 AM
Jdubs also have the whitest fucking Jesus ever.

[Image: wt20120401.jpg]

That fucker isn't a middle eastern Jew, he's a real estate agent from Michigan! Laugh out load

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-02-2017, 02:09 AM
(12-02-2017 01:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  JW visited my home once, I told them that I'm an atheist. Strangely enough they realized that I'm not interested in what they try to peddle and left. Not even one visit since then. Maybe they're afraid that unbelief is contagious?

Skepticism is kryptonite to all religions. If you were a Catholic or Baptists or Methodist, then at least they knew you where impressionable to buy into their level of bullshit. You'd already have an established taste, then they'd just need to convince you to change to the right flavor.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-02-2017, 02:12 AM
(12-02-2017 02:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 01:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  JW visited my home once, I told them that I'm an atheist. Strangely enough they realized that I'm not interested in what they try to peddle and left. Not even one visit since then. Maybe they're afraid that unbelief is contagious?

Skepticism is kryptonite to all religions. If you were a Catholic or Baptists or Methodist, then at least they knew you where impressionable to buy into their level of bullshit. You'd already have an established taste, then they'd just need to convince you to change to the right flavor.

I thought that they would try even harder but then I realized that there is no reason for them to bother. They have plenty of people who believe to convert.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
12-02-2017, 02:16 AM
(12-02-2017 02:12 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 02:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Skepticism is kryptonite to all religions. If you were a Catholic or Baptists or Methodist, then at least they knew you where impressionable to buy into their level of bullshit. You'd already have an established taste, then they'd just need to convince you to change to the right flavor.

I thought that they would try even harder but then I realized that there is no reason for them to bother. They have plenty of people who believe to convert.

Precisely. Plus, what is the unfortunately popularly held conception of atheists by even mainstream religionists? That's were arrogant and abrasive, prone to outbursts. Labeling yourself an atheist immediately labels you as a problematic case, more trouble than you're likely worth to all but those either looking for a challenge or those who take nonbeleif itself as a personal affront.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post