Jehovah Witnesses - Watchtower at my door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: Jehovah Witnesses - Watchtower at my door
I am pretty sure she will goggle some of the things I said out of natural curiosity and hopefully that will spark her to do a more in depth search for more information about what is actually in her bible.

The guy seemed more set in stone. He wanted to read passages and didn't want to think.

He did ask me "Is there anything in the bible that that you believe is true ? Do have a bible ? Have you read it ?"

I replied "Sure, some cities listed in the bible are actual cities. Some kings listed were actual kings of the period of time talked about. I have 3 bibles and yes I've read them."

In his mind, every part was completely true.
There would be no swaying him from that.
I think his hope was that I hadn't heard "the good news"

He brought up some passage in Isaiah.
I said "Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil." Your god, the one you believe in, is the creater of evil.

At the end of it all he asked if I knew how the Earth got its name ? Then he reads a passage about god naming the planet Earth.

I just laughed and she pulled him away to move on.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2017, 07:23 AM
(11-02-2017 01:32 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I like JDubs.

They don't vote. They don't fight in wars. They don't breed that much. They don't believe in hell or scarring the shit out of people. They're not racist. They have a cool vision of peace on earth. They also don't do Christmas and I hate that shit.

I know they have some shitty downsides like homophobia but as far as weirdo religions go they're alright.

I'd be nice to them but no one goes door to door in my neighborhood.

It's so sweet how they let children die because they won't allow blood transfusion. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2017, 07:34 AM
I thought about that. This thread has been a bit of a wake up call for me.
02-08-2017, 02:02 PM
I remember a looooooooong time ago, that my Aunt and Uncle were talking with a JW, and they still have their translation of the Bible -- at least they did the last time I went over. Apparently they had actually converted, but I never noticed. They are almost certainly no longer members, however.

A few months ago a couple JW's went to my mother's door, just handing out pamphlets for a meeting or something -- they didn't stop to chat. After my recent talks with Mormons, I kind of want to talk with these guys too. But somehow I see that conversation being more confrontational...

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
02-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm telling you, I've managed to get on some kind of list that has me permanently removed from their door-to-door peskiness and all it took was telling that that I am perfectly happy with being the Head Prophetess of the Church of the Rising Penis (all rise). Nothing else was effective before that.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 5 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
02-08-2017, 03:18 PM
We have a "No Soliciting" sign next to our door and most sales people honor the sign and stay away. Not religious people. Nope.....nope, noOOOOoo. They somehow think that they're not selling anything or that god has given them some sort of exemption or that they're super "special" because......Jesus. Sometimes I think they're so ignorant that they don't know what the word "solicit" means.

Anyway, several times I've had to point to the sign and ask them to not solicit. A few times they've said "Oh, but I'm not soliciting". And I've answered, "Yes you are, your selling a god story" or some such reply. They finally get the hint and leave.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-08-2017, 11:29 PM
They've been coming to my house, for years. Turned out my bother pointed them my way as a joke. They sent Vietnamese speaking members. I'm amazed that they have Vietnamese members in this city; There are hardly any Vietnamese people around here...
Last time they came, the old woman asked me about the state of the world. I guessed she wanted me to say how bad the world is so that she can sell her snake oil. I went on a rant about how great the world is, finishing with "because my blood type is AB, I will have no shortage of donors should I ever need".
Hopefully, they won't visit me anymore after that. I swear... if they come again, I will be shirtless and I will ask for a date, no matter how old they are.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
05-08-2017, 06:11 AM
I'm expecting another visit from the JW's anytime this month. Dodgy
05-08-2017, 08:41 AM
(05-08-2017 06:11 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I'm expecting another visit from the JW's anytime this month. Dodgy

Kinda like a religious menstrual cycle?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-08-2017, 04:57 PM
(05-08-2017 08:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 06:11 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I'm expecting another visit from the JW's anytime this month. Dodgy

Kinda like a religious menstrual cycle?

> Indeed, and just as entertaining. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post