Jehovah's Witnesses have an issue with Smurfs

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
25-08-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: Jehovah's Witnesses have an issue with Smurfs
There's a village somewhere in.. Europe I think, maybe Africa, that's painted blue because of the smurf movie. The town keeps it painted blue due to tourism.

IIRC.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2013, 06:52 PM
At the Kingdom Hall in St. Louis (I used to go) there was a story
about a smurf doll that said "Screw this" and walked out.

Scared the life out of me.
25-08-2013, 07:06 PM
(24-08-2013 10:57 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Something tells me that JWs have issues that go well beyond Smurfs.

Having grown up in the JWs, I recall hearing an "experience" relayed at a semi-annual convention called a Circuit Assembly, whereby a family with a young child was attending the Kingdom Hall. The young child had brought a Smurf doll along to play during the Sunday services.

At one point during the "meeting", so the urban legend goes, the Smurf doll 'came to life' and yelled "I've had enough of this shit!!" and stormed out of the Kingdom Hall.

The speaker went on to admonish everyone in attendance that this was evidence that Smurf dolls were "demonized" and anyone who owned one, ought to rid themselves of it immediately.

Amazingly, the urban legend persists.

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
26-08-2013, 04:16 AM
(25-08-2013 07:06 PM)Scully Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 10:57 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Something tells me that JWs have issues that go well beyond Smurfs.

Having grown up in the JWs, I recall hearing an "experience" relayed at a semi-annual convention called a Circuit Assembly, whereby a family with a young child was attending the Kingdom Hall. The young child had brought a Smurf doll along to play during the Sunday services.

At one point during the "meeting", so the urban legend goes, the Smurf doll 'came to life' and yelled "I've had enough of this shit!!" and stormed out of the Kingdom Hall.

The speaker went on to admonish everyone in attendance that this was evidence that Smurf dolls were "demonized" and anyone who owned one, ought to rid themselves of it immediately.

Amazingly, the urban legend persists.

It begs the question, if these 'demons' have this power to take over material objects, why the fuck would it take over a tiny smurf doll?
I mean if I was a demon I would take over something far more destructive like a tank or a icbm or a republican.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-08-2013, 12:11 PM
(26-08-2013 04:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It begs the question, if these 'demons' have this power to take over material objects, why the fuck would it take over a tiny smurf doll?
I mean if I was a demon I would take over something far more destructive like a tank or a icbm or a republican.

Because when God created them, gave them immortality, and gave them supernatural powers, he made them pinky swear not to make any large demonstrations of their underworldly awesomeness. If they were to inhabit something more noticeable or destructive (such as a Humvee), then people with more than 12 brain cells might believe in them too.

If that happened, it would lend credence to the existence of angels, Satan, God, Heaven, Hell, and all that. Then, millions of more people would believe in the holy (moly) trinity and get into Heaven. With that kind of overcrowding, the city of gold would need to expand greatly requiring Jesus to spend most of his time building. And let's face it, his carpentry skills are a bit outdated. Dodgy

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
26-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I thought Smurfs were merely annoying; certainly not evil.

Barney, on the other hand, I am pretty sure is annoying and evil. Evil_monster

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm not a JW and I think their doctrine and lifestyle is cultic and atrocious.

Having said that, the JWs are world-famous for having undergone some of the worst treatment in Nazi death camps and prison/work camps, and for being so unwavering in their faith and so hardworking at chores and assignments that the Nazis often backed off and showed them respect. Other heroes of the Holocaust include Maslow, a secular Jew who later said Jesus was the finest person ever in terms of self-actualization, and Paul, the second-finest, though he himself never became a Messianic Jew, and priests and nuns who died for others in the camps by taking their numbers (at least those Catholics got something right!).

Does someone have some examples of magnificent atheist and apatheists acheivements during the Holocaust in the camps?

I mean, that at don't at least concern blue animated characters no one cares for, really.
27-08-2013, 02:34 PM
(27-08-2013 02:03 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm not a JW and I think their doctrine and lifestyle is cultic and atrocious.

Having said that, the JWs are world-famous for having undergone some of the worst treatment in Nazi death camps and prison/work camps, and for being so unwavering in their faith and so hardworking at chores and assignments that the Nazis often backed off and showed them respect. Other heroes of the Holocaust include Maslow, a secular Jew who later said Jesus was the finest person ever in terms of self-actualization, and Paul, the second-finest, though he himself never became a Messianic Jew, and priests and nuns who died for others in the camps by taking their numbers (at least those Catholics got something right!).

Does someone have some examples of magnificent atheist and apatheists acheivements during the Holocaust in the camps?

I mean, that at don't at least concern blue animated characters no one cares for, really.

Trololololololo

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-09-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 03:56 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-08-2013 02:03 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Does someone have some examples of magnificent atheist and apatheists acheivements during the Holocaust in the camps?

Need I remind you that the men who masterminded and operated the death camps were almost exclusively Christian? Atheists, along with the Jews, Gypsies, mentally infirm, and other undesirables, were the ones inside the camps being callously murdered en masse by pious follows of Christ.

They didn't put "gott mit uns" on the standard issue wehrmacht belts for nothing.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
03-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:Need I remind you that the men who masterminded and operated the death camps were almost exclusively Christian? Atheists, along with the Jews, Gypsies, mentally infirm, and other undesirables, were the ones inside the camps being callously murdered en masse by pious follows of Christ.

They didn't put "gott mit uns" on the standard issue wehrmacht belts for nothing.

If I can accept this nonsense as true, perhaps you can elaborate on why nuns and priests went to Auschwitz to be urinated on, beaten and used in medical experiments?