Jehovah's Witnesses just as perverted as the RC church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Not comparable.
(03-07-2012 02:34 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 02:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  OK, but you can't automatically assume that it isn't an isolated case, either.

Of course not. But recent history warrants a serious investigation into the possibility of organized crime! You can't ignore what happened. Over and over and over and over again (officially estimated, by a parliamentary commissioned committee, at between 20,000 and 100,000 victims in my country, since WWII; is that enough?).
Victims of or in the JW community? Or in the population at large?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Jehovah's Witnesses just as perverted as the RC church
In this case victims of sexual abuse by clerics of the RC church, tolerated and covered up systematically by the RC hierarchy. A.k.a. organized crime.

We haven't started on other churches yet...

Every country could publish figures like that. If they had the guts to face reality.
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I have a special kind of contempt for the Jehovah's Witness, i used to be friends with one of them for about 4 years, then they started spouting nonsense along the usual lines "Evolution is only a theory" "Your a atheist huh? What do you say to someone who has just lost a child". Thankfully the rest of my friends, while not actively atheistic like myself were rational logicial sane people and helped me in arrangements with this JW former friend. He also submitted to his parents and never argued back to them or told them what he really thought about them, but he had no trouble telling me that my view was wrong and that i was crazy. I blame this on the JW, they indoctrinated him into not thinking for himself and submitting to authority. Sorry that was a bit of rant.

You cannot be both sane and well educated and disbelieve in evolution. The evidence is so strong that any sane, educated person has got to believe in evolution.
-Richard Dawkins
05-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I can tell you for a fact that they try to keep people quiet when bad things happen, so I can't see this as an isolated incident. I'm sure it's happened several times in the organization's history, but because they want NO negative press about their organization, they will do whatever it takes to keep someone quiet or try to sweep unsavory activity under the rug as fast as they can. Or, they kick someone out and call them a liar to cover their asses. They want their religion to continue looking squeaky clean so they can brag on that to others.

I always hated how I was basically told never to think. I had to listen to what the elders said about anything, and if they had a view that didn't seem correct, I shouldn't question that and should only humbly accept it. I had a lot of questions regarding things in the Bible itself that seemed wrong, but they would always feed me some kind of mixed up, confusing babble. I suppose to try to get me confused enough to stop asking questions, I don't know... I got some of the coldest stares for asking why Jehovah thought it was okay to have innocent babies killed in several parts of the Bible. Like, that question is not supposed to be asked, ever, I guess! EVER!

What always seriously ticked me off is how they are so high and mighty about their form of worship. Not only do they say they are the only true religion, but they talk down about other branches of Christianity and even talk about "Christendom" as if it were some kind of organization of baby eating Satan lovers. Their songs are terribly intolerant and judgmental in that way.

At one of the congregations I used to go to, I know there were incidents of child abuse. There was a dad who would take his young son into the bathroom and hit him so hard you could hear it outside the door in the lobby. And the poor boy wasn't really doing anything especially naughty. He was just young, and sitting there for 2 hours listening to stuff 6 year olds think is really boring gets to a young one, and he was a little fidgety. He wasn't bothering anybody, but because he wasn't "paying his full and undivided focus to Jehovah", the man beat him. It was like that every week. Made me wonder how the poor boy was treated at home... When I brought this up to the elders, all they had to tell me was, "Spare the rod, spoil the child!" I mean, really!
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
06-07-2012, 06:59 PM
As much as I hate to pick on religious people there seems to be something about the religious institution in particular that seems to have these types of policies set up that lead to victimization.

Although no matter what anyone says I doubt the JW will ever be as bad as the RC church (sorry thread op) since the RC church for some stupid dumbass, ignorant, close minded, just plain stupid reason thought forbidding sex for priests was a great idea when placing them around vulnerable people. Then they have the gall to ack shocked when bad things happen more often as a result.

I swear if I ever get any kind of political power the pope would be arrested and charged for his part in the sexual abuse cover ups from his days as a cardinal.
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post