Jehovah's Witnesses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Jehovah's Witnesses
(24-01-2013 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 02:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Unfortunately for them, JW doctrine states that any Witness who falls away is to be shunned. Shunned not just by the greater congregation, but by family as well. The point of shunning is to show members that life outside of Jehovah's organization is cruel and cold and empty. There are many ex-Witnesses who have been rejected by their entire families simply because they no longer believe in the teachings. They're now alone in the world.

This has happened to el Cheapo. It's barbaric...
A coworker and good friend went through the whole disfellowship thing quite publicly when she left the faith. She even left her daughter for a time as she still thought the right thing to do was to leave her within the faith and with her father.
The saddest thing she said to me was that she was actually grateful that her grandmother had Alzheimer's because it was the only reason she agreed to see my friend before she died. If the grandmother had remembered the disfellowship and shunning, she would not have spent time with my friend.
Pardon me, but that's fucked up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted, and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2013, 02:49 PM
To think I actually used to defend these people.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2013, 02:50 PM
It was the brainwashed you Mis.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted, and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Anjele: "You didn't mean to rape the girl, Bob. It was the PCP that fried your brain."

Bob: Dodgy

24-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Unfair...you were a kid that was spoonfed this stuff by your family...you know, the people that are supposed to want what's best for you.
The situation isn't the same.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Eh. Still sucks a bit.

24-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Yeah it does, but you didn't go looking for it like 'Bob' who willingly took the PCP.
You were forced to drink the Koolaid.
Don't beat yourself up...unless, of course, you are into that kinda thing.

24-01-2013, 03:03 PM
(24-01-2013 03:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah it does, but you didn't go looking for it like 'Bob' who willingly took the PCP.
You were forced to drink the Koolaid.
Don't beat yourself up...unless, of course, you are into that kinda thing.

I was thinking someone slipped Bob the PCP at a party. Tongue

But no, I'm not into that kind of thing. I'm not an animal. lol.

I have chicks do it for me. Coffeedrinker

[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
24-01-2013, 04:37 PM
(24-01-2013 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 02:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Unfortunately for them, JW doctrine states that any Witness who falls away is to be shunned. Shunned not just by the greater congregation, but by family as well. The point of shunning is to show members that life outside of Jehovah's organization is cruel and cold and empty. There are many ex-Witnesses who have been rejected by their entire families simply because they no longer believe in the teachings. They're now alone in the world.

This has happened to el Cheapo. It's barbaric...
I did go through that. I even went through the "I still believe" part and trying to go back. It was fear based, pure and simple. The more I learned that they where not going to let someone in if it was not for Jehovah, the more I realized that Pascals Wager was even deeper rooted in me. Instead of afterlife goodies, it was present time goodies. No way in hell would I admit to going back for a god. It was purely to be accepted and loved by family. To get back what was taken away in one night: everything. That started the ball rolling in my head, and for my brain to start detoxing itself from doctrine shit. I looked at my folks and their behaviors, and how it affected me. I still have a lot of shit to deal with, but a lot less doctrine bullshit. Yes, it's at the cost of my family. But when the cobwebs cleared, I understood my family was very fucked up, despite their personal indoctrinations. I wouldn't have had much good to go back to even if I still believed. And then the AHA moment of realizing it was all bullshit came around and I came here when I realized I couldn't do it alone.

They're a happy story in here... somewhere. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
24-01-2013, 05:33 PM
(24-01-2013 04:37 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  This has happened to el Cheapo. It's barbaric...
I did go through that. I even went through the "I still believe" part and trying to go back. It was fear based, pure and simple. The more I learned that they where not going to let someone in if it was not for Jehovah, the more I realized that Pascals Wager was even deeper rooted in me. Instead of afterlife goodies, it was present time goodies. No way in hell would I admit to going back for a god. It was purely to be accepted and loved by family. To get back what was taken away in one night: everything. That started the ball rolling in my head, and for my brain to start detoxing itself from doctrine shit. I looked at my folks and their behaviors, and how it affected me. I still have a lot of shit to deal with, but a lot less doctrine bullshit. Yes, it's at the cost of my family. But when the cobwebs cleared, I understood my family was very fucked up, despite their personal indoctrinations. I wouldn't have had much good to go back to even if I still believed. And then the AHA moment of realizing it was all bullshit came around and I came here when I realized I couldn't do it alone.

They're a happy story in here... somewhere. Big Grin
There's nothing to fear when Peach Batman is here. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post