Jeremy E. Walker provides empirical evidence for the Christian God over other...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Jeremy E. Walker provides empirical evidence for the Christian God over other...
(18-05-2014 02:48 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 02:39 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  That's just an unsupported claim without one shred of empirical evidence.

You claim to have empirical evidence, which you have been formally asked to provide.

Are you lying?

You have the same evidence I have. No I am not lying.

Oh, look! -- FINALLY THE TRUTH! YES, we have precisely the same evidence of your gods as you do -- NOTHING!

[Image: shoot-yourself-gun_tfxnt_6648.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-05-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: Jeremy E. Walker provides empirical evidence for the Christian God over other...
(18-05-2014 04:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 04:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I don't think that phrase means what you think it means. No

"In science, empirical evidence is required for a hypothesis to gain acceptance in the scientific community. Normally, this validation is achieved by the scientific method of hypothesis commitment, experimental design, peer review, adversarial review, reproduction of results, conference presentation and journal publication. This requires rigorous communication of hypothesis (usually expressed in mathematics), experimental constraints and controls (expressed necessarily in terms of standard experimental apparatus), and a common understanding of measurement."

So, how do you propose we use the scientific method to finally bring to light this empirical data of "The presence of Christ in the heart of the redeemed"?

I suppose we must first test for this "Christ" you speak of. Then, if found, we have to test for it's presence in your heart (this could get messy). Finally we have to test for this "redeemed" state you espouse.

I'll let you design the experiment, run it a few times to make sure you're getting repeatable results. Afterwards I'll run it using your design to see if I get the same results then we can compare notes OK?

Go.

If you would like to know Jesus Christ personally,

You haven't demonstrated that such a person ever existed.

Quote: then repent of your sins

What's a sin. We don't believe in your "sin" bullshit.

Quote: and place your faith and trust in Him

We don't DO "faith", moron. And we don't put our trust in imaginary figures from fairy tale stories.

Quote:and ask Him to forgive you

We haven't done anything to be "forgiven" for. You assume a great deal, asshole.

Quote: and cleanse you of all of your unrighteousness and He will.

We don't have any "unrighteousness". Strawman much, asshole?

Quote:He promised to and He cannot lie.

...because some fucking idiot on the internet says so?

Quote:I am living proof.

....of just how far gullibility and ignorance can go.

Quote:This may not be the answer you are looking for, but sometimes convenient lies must be abandoned for inconvenient truths.

Fuck you and your Jack Chick bullshit.

(18-05-2014 04:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 03:53 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What if I randomly choose (or choose because my parents or culture taught me to choose) to have faith in the Indian gods, that all unexplained things happen because in an unobserved way these gods magically make things happen.
Then until such a point that science fills a knowledge gap, I then have "proof" that my gods did it.

In your belief system, is your god playing a game of Russian roulette, where we spin a wheel, it has a different god in each segment, or no god in one of the segments. So there are about 10,000 options. We spin the wheel and whatever it lands on then that is what we go with. We put faith into the answer and try to convince others to join our group. Then when death comes, your god punishes those that spun on one of the 9,999 wrong options but rewards those that spun on the one right option.

Is your god a gambler, who rewards good blind luck and punishes bad blind luck?

If you would like to know Jesus Christ personally, then repent of your sins and place your faith and trust in Him and ask Him to forgive you and cleanse you of all of your unrighteousness and He will.

He promised to and He cannot lie.

I am living proof.

This may not be the answer you are looking for, but sometimes convenient lies must be abandoned for inconvenient truths.

SPAM much, asshole?

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-05-2014, 10:13 PM
(18-05-2014 09:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 09:10 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  In other words, bullshit.

What you are describing is the pink cloud that the duped feels when they think that the snake oil salesman has sold them a miracle cure.

Nothing more.

You don't know what the fuck "empirical" means at all.

Taq...have you read the thread? Take a breath...calm down...it's all right. I think we got this without going all apeshit.

LMAO

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-05-2014, 10:18 PM
(18-05-2014 09:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 09:10 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  In other words, bullshit.

What you are describing is the pink cloud that the duped feels when they think that the snake oil salesman has sold them a miracle cure.

Nothing more.

You don't know what the fuck "empirical" means at all.

Taq...have you read the thread? Take a breath...calm down...it's all right. I think we got this without going all apeshit.

It's Taq we're talking about here.

His switch is permanently stuck on apeshit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
18-05-2014, 10:21 PM
(18-05-2014 10:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 09:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Taq...have you read the thread? Take a breath...calm down...it's all right. I think we got this without going all apeshit.

It's Taq we're talking about here.

Well, now; let's be fair. He's also got an "amicable" setting.

S'just that, unlike most people, there's nothing in between the two extremes.

... this is my signature!
18-05-2014, 10:27 PM
(18-05-2014 10:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 10:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's Taq we're talking about here.

Well, now; let's be fair. He's also got an "amicable" setting.

mmmm...... you haven't seen his OTHER setting. *shivers* BlushAngel

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
18-05-2014, 10:32 PM
(18-05-2014 10:27 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 10:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, now; let's be fair. He's also got an "amicable" setting.

mmmm...... you haven't seen his OTHER setting. *shivers* BlushAngel

Elaborate if you so wish, but consider this: do you wish to leave the inference to my imagination? I do not think it likely to be congruent.

... this is my signature!
18-05-2014, 10:34 PM
*licks my lips*
I'm keeping this one mostly to myself for now. *giggles*

Just saying though..... you haven't seen his OTHER setting. Angel

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
19-05-2014, 12:56 AM
See I just fail to see the entertainment value in this lying, intellectually dishonest twit and his misfiring brain. I am however grateful that we have such and outstanding group of people here that don't let him get away with his uneducated drivel.

I certainly don't have the patience for it.

Oh and Taq....don't listen to anyone who tells you to chill on this guy. The point of civility was passed long long ago. Keep firing both barrels brother.Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-05-2014, 01:37 AM
(18-05-2014 06:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 05:27 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I've figured out why Jeremy's responses bore me. I've seen it all before.

Bot algorithm

You put too much effort into this.

Well it is always useful to figure out how to write a bot able to pass the Turing test. This is the test where a computer program must be able to fool human users that the program is also human.

It has long been known since PARRY that it can be achieved by writing a bot that it is completely focused on one subject to the exclusion of all other subjects. This means that you don't have to model human intelligence in order to cope with the myriad of possible subject matters because whatever you say will result in a reply that brings it back on topic again. PARRY modelled a paranoid schizophrenic.

The only other type of person I've found who you could model as a chatterbot that could pass the Turing Test is a religious zealot. They have little intelligence in their replies, only ever talk about their god, all act in much the same way and only ever come up with generic responses.

The most salient conclusions to this are:
  • We might as well be 'debating' with a computer program devoid of intelligence.
  • Extreme religiosity is on a par with paranoid schizophrenia.
[+] 10 users Like Mathilda's post