Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 07:42 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 07:37 AM)John Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  i like talking with atheists.

How does that answer not qualify as a cop-out? Having a blast here lately, aren't we?

How about this, since you're reluctant to put words in your mouth, I'll put them for you:

You're convinced that your view on what, if anything, constitutes a meaningful life is better than other people's (ours) view, and you, in your benevolence, wish to get other people to see why that is the case, in order to have a positive contribution to the world.

Does that sound more like it?

no. sorry.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 07:43 AM
(15-05-2014 07:42 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What caused you to believe?

the same thing that caused C.S. Lewis or any other intellectual skeptic to believe.

That is a non answer.

Speak for yourself - I didn't ask what caused CS Lewis to believe.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-05-2014, 07:43 AM
(15-05-2014 07:42 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What caused you to believe?

the same thing that caused C.S. Lewis or any other intellectual skeptic to believe.

Would you please spell it out?

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
15-05-2014, 07:46 AM
(15-05-2014 07:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh no, I don't think that you would do that, you don't get brownies for that.

But I also think that this whole thing is too obviously contrived to fool your god into crediting you for self sacrifice.

me being insulted is not persecution or me denying myself. it is just me being insulted. my reward is not brownie points but a deeper understanding of atheists.

If you wanted to have a deeper understanding of us, you would try to get to know us. But you don't, you always stay in the atheism/theism section and don't get involved in the more social sections, you don't offer help or advice to anyone, you don't try to help others think through personal issues, you don't share anything about your interests and so on. So it certainly looks like you are merely trying to provoke insults. There are and have been theists who were part of the community, we even have one theist admin here. So how come you make sure you don't get exposed to our actual personalities and confine yourself to debates? And pick types of debates that result in insults? You are not a stupid person, so I must assume that you have long figured out what goads some people into issuing insults and what doesn't.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
15-05-2014, 07:47 AM
(14-05-2014 06:27 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I think someone needs a hug.

By a particularly irate polar bear.

(15-05-2014 07:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:42 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the same thing that caused C.S. Lewis or any other intellectual skeptic to believe.

That is a non answer.

It's funny 'cause he's trying to imply he's an intellectual or has ever had the capacity to be sceptical about his over-glorified War god Yahweh.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
15-05-2014, 07:49 AM
(15-05-2014 07:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:42 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the same thing that caused C.S. Lewis or any other intellectual skeptic to believe.

That is a non answer.

Appeal to consequences is what caused CS Lewis to believe.

From ol' Jeremy's inane blathering, I can only assume much the same. Every single post of his about morality or meaning or what have you is couched exactly the same way. "I wouldn't like X, therefore Y".

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
15-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Let's see if Jeremy answers. I am curious at what he has to say.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

15-05-2014, 07:54 AM
(15-05-2014 07:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Let's see if Jeremy answers. I am curious at what he has to say.

Aaah, but the problem there is that if he made an actual definite statement of his own beliefs, he'd have to possess some intellectual honesty to then discuss them.

Much easier to just troll.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-05-2014, 07:55 AM
(15-05-2014 07:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Let's see if Jeremy answers. I am curious at what he has to say.

Aww Anj!
But it's more fun to answer for him!
I mean, he expects to pass the answer off, so why not let us pick it up an have fun with it?!
You're no fun. Angry

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-05-2014, 07:56 AM
I tried...