Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 07:54 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Much easier to just troll.

Indeed it would be, but he's not really trolling, just reluctant to answer anything candidly. He's holding on to the cornerstones of his views like an overly protective mother who's hiding her children behind her back, while simultaneously affirming they're in every way, shape and form better than other people's. If he'd bring them forth for scrutiny this might actually lead somewhere.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 08:06 AM
(15-05-2014 08:04 AM)John Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:54 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Much easier to just troll.

Indeed it would be, but he's not really trolling, just reluctant to answer anything candidly. He's holding on to the cornerstones of his views like an overly protective mother who's hiding her children behind her back, while simultaneously affirming they're in every way, shape and form better then other people's.

That's a possibility, sure. I find it the less likely of the two. Only his behaviour may make clear his actual intentions.

... this is my signature!
15-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Jeremy doesn't like to make statements or say anything about himself. He likes to ask questions and give just enough input to cause people to curse him. He will give no more, it is not in his interest to actually debate.

I still think he is here to sacrifice himself and bear countless put downs because it will open a better heaven for him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-05-2014, 08:08 AM
(15-05-2014 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Jeremy doesn't like to make statements or say anything about himself. He likes to ask questions and give just enough input to cause people to curse him. He will give no more, it is not in his interest to actually debate.

I still think he is here to sacrifice himself and bear countless put downs because it will open a better heaven for him.

I respectfully disagree. I think he is just fucking with us. He isn't here for the golden ticket into heaven.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-05-2014, 08:17 AM
(15-05-2014 08:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Jeremy doesn't like to make statements or say anything about himself. He likes to ask questions and give just enough input to cause people to curse him. He will give no more, it is not in his interest to actually debate.

I respectfully disagree. I think he is just fucking with us. He isn't here for the golden ticket into heaven.

Verily. You guys just aren't playing along.

In JEW's mind, this is the scene that's playing out:

JEW: We're all nothing. Weep, moan, waaah...
TTA: Yes, we are something.
JEW: See? That means you need GAWD!
TTA: Oh, we see your point, and we're all converted. Cheeses is lard!

Dream on, Jerry.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
15-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Well, of course he isn't going to reply again. He did explain this in an old thread, I think one of the closed ones, but I can't find it again, I looked. There he said that while he wasn't purposefully eliciting insults, they did make him happy and did help him enter a better part of heaven. Of course eliciting them on purpose would disqualify them in god's eyes.

I maintain that he is trolling for insults. And he is collecting gobs of them.

Probably he won't confirm this again, and I don't have the time to go through all of his many posts to find this again.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Actually, I don't give a damn why he's here. I popped in to try the new approach to see if anything of substance could be gotten from him.

As a troll, he is the most boring one I have seen for a while...others have at least been entertaining.

Where's Marky Mark and Egor when you need an interesting, if delusional, give and take?

edit to add...I have asked twice now for links to his admission of wanting abuse and twice gotten no response.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-05-2014, 08:22 AM
(15-05-2014 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Jeremy doesn't like to make statements or say anything about himself.

Which is exactly the problem, there's next to nothing to go about. This tactic is frustratingly defensive and, in my view, is best explained by insecurity over what it is that he believes in. Which in turn can result from realising how shaky the foundations of his views are, or, optimistically, from a pending change in his views prompted by the past discussion (fat chance, imo).

To his credit, Jeremy does not strike me as someone who enjoys getting slur and insults thrown at his face. Hence, he's not your average troll. I beg to differ with some people here.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
15-05-2014, 08:26 AM
(15-05-2014 06:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ahh, there you go Jeremy. Another insult to put in your bag. Do you have enough yet to trade for that special place in heaven that is reserved only for those who let themselves be abused for Jesus? How many more do you need? Maybe we can help, we can be very charitable.

Does that mean we get more brownies?

[Image: brownie.jpg]

Because I Heart brownies!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-05-2014, 08:29 AM
(15-05-2014 08:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Actually, I don't give a damn why he's here. I popped in to try the new approach to see if anything of substance could be gotten from him.

As a troll, he is the most boring one I have seen for a while...others have at least been entertaining.

Where's Marky Mark and Egor when you need an interesting, if delusional, give and take?

edit to add...I have asked twice now for links to his admission of wanting abuse and twice gotten no response.

I do miss Mark Dreher - he was a classic and very entertaining. He got kind of repetitive though towards the end - but he spun a good story.