Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 08:31 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 07:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:42 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the same thing that caused C.S. Lewis or any other intellectual skeptic to believe.

That is a non answer.

Speak for yourself - I didn't ask what caused CS Lewis to believe.

God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 08:31 AM
(15-05-2014 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 08:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Actually, I don't give a damn why he's here. I popped in to try the new approach to see if anything of substance could be gotten from him.

As a troll, he is the most boring one I have seen for a while...others have at least been entertaining.

Where's Marky Mark and Egor when you need an interesting, if delusional, give and take?

edit to add...I have asked twice now for links to his admission of wanting abuse and twice gotten no response.

I do miss Mark Dreher - he was a classic and very entertaining. He got kind of repetitive though towards the end - but he spun a good story.

At least his was always the same and well detailed.

Egor's story was ever-changing so there was always an element of surprise with him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-05-2014, 08:36 AM
(15-05-2014 07:30 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  ok....

if one lacks belief in gods or God then their views about how we got here cannot include God or gods.

if one is an atheist then their explanation of morality or destiny cannot include gods or God.

thats simple

Okay, let me ask you this question to see if you can find the error in your thinking:

Do atheists believe in ghosts?

Answers:
Possible acceptable answers:
  • "That's a trick question, Rob. Atheism pertains to the lack of belief in gods. Ghosts are separate."
  • "That isn't a simple yes or no question, Rob."
  • "Some do and some don't."
Hell, I'd even accept "Many people who identify as atheist also identify as rationalists and cite that as their reason for atheism. Therefore, I'd assume that many, if not most atheists don't believe in ghosts, but it isn't strictly a requirement."

Bad answers:
  • "No."
  • "Atheists don't believe in the supernatural, so no."
  • "Atheists only believe in natural or observable explanations, so no."

Now, do you see the problem? Stop saying atheism when you're not talking about atheism.
[+] 8 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-05-2014, 08:38 AM
(15-05-2014 08:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That is a non answer.

God.

Circular answer is circular. Try again. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-05-2014, 08:43 AM
(15-05-2014 08:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That is a non answer.

God.

Non-answer...

Did god stop in for tea? Did he text you? Did you run into him at Starbucks?

One word answers tend to explain nothing.

No, you aren't here as a martyr...and you aren't here to talk to atheists...one word answers aren't a discussion.

You are what I call a PIA - pain in ass. Or more formally PITA-pain in the ass.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 06:17 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  "If you guys are right, that would be bad, so I think you're wrong."

also

"Your world view is incomprehensible to me, so I think you're wrong."

atheism is neither incomprehensible to me or sad to me. I understand it quite well for it is very simple.

we exist as accidental collocations of atoms. we are here because we evolved from something that somehow came to be long ago without any planning or intention behind it.

The alternative being what, astonishing narcissism?

(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  we coexist with the roach and maggot and rat who

Stop projecting.

(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  like them, will suffer decay and eventually the cessation of biological life.

Is this news to you? Mum and Dad never teach you about death?

(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  we have thoughts about ourselves that make us different from the maggot. we are not better or worse off than they for this. we just are different than they.

Except for the ability to think, capacity for language, myth, legend, legacy, and somewhat longer lifespan than the common Housefly.. Your desperate equivocation is showing.

(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  some of us think we are special or better than the maggot

Hopefully, I know "metamorphose into a fly and buzz around God's Kitchen for all eternity" seems to be your #1 goal and all...

(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  because we can think these thoughts or have certain feelings about other creatures, but this thinking is not in accordance with reality. its illusory.

If you're admitting to being incapable of higher thought beyond that of a housefly, I don't know what to tell you.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
15-05-2014, 08:59 AM
(15-05-2014 08:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You are what I call a PIA - pain in ass. Or more formally PITA-pain in the ass.
And there's your reason. Good luck getting him to admit it.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
15-05-2014, 09:04 AM
(15-05-2014 08:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  I do miss Mark Dreher - he was a classic and very entertaining. He got kind of repetitive though towards the end - but he spun a good story.

At least his was always the same and well detailed.

Egor's story was ever-changing so there was always an element of surprise with him.

I disagree.

I remember Dreher being almost completely incoherent and poorly written. (but what do I know about writing?)

And Egor? ... I will give that he was ever changing. Guy flip-flopped more than a fish on a jetty, but it was his spontaneous changes which were the problem! It was predictable!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-05-2014, 09:07 AM
You need to go read about Marky Mark and Shakira again. His level of detail and the way he stuck to those details was pretty amazing. He wasn't just making things up on the fly.

Now the line spacing got old but Shakira was telling him when to hit "return" so he really isn't to blame on that. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-05-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: Why I Hope
(15-05-2014 06:57 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you do not give up hope in what?

It was clearly stated, so piss off, troll.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post