Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 09:10 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 09:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You need to go read about Marky Mark and Shakira again. His level of detail and the way he stuck to those details was pretty amazing. He wasn't just making things up on the fly.

Now the line spacing got old but Shakira was telling him when to hit "return" so he really isn't to blame on that. Tongue

I've actually seen of Dreher's ... 'work' ... recently and it was pretty incoherent and nonsensical. Either he got worse after being kicked from here, or his writing was always batshit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 09:27 AM
(15-05-2014 09:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 09:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You need to go read about Marky Mark and Shakira again. His level of detail and the way he stuck to those details was pretty amazing. He wasn't just making things up on the fly.

Now the line spacing got old but Shakira was telling him when to hit "return" so he really isn't to blame on that. Tongue

I've actually seen of Dreher's ... 'work' ... recently and it was pretty incoherent and nonsensical. Either he got worse after being kicked from here, or his writing was always batshit.

He was definitely batshit...but detailed and consistent in his level of batshitness.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-05-2014, 09:28 AM
I never said it was well written. He spun a good story, unexpected turns and twists. To me, his stuff was the most fun to read of all the xtian posts here - a real fairy tale.

I didn't say he wasn't totally off his rocker, he most certainly was. Thing was, after spinning all this story with a hot mulatto female god, one thunder thigh, and I forget what car and computer and cereal were required, he went full tilt on us. Claimed to be sent to kill... so it was considered a threat.

Still, most amusing fairy tale yet.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-05-2014, 09:34 AM
I liked absols or whatever. Translating him was interesting. I'd look at his posts and my eyes would cross. He was the first of the trolls that I met when I got here, followed by Heywood and then Meng.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
15-05-2014, 09:35 AM
(15-05-2014 08:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 08:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God.

Circular answer is circular. Try again. Drinking Beverage

That is not circular because it is not intended to be a reasoned argument. It is a statement of fact.
15-05-2014, 09:38 AM
(15-05-2014 08:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:30 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  ok....

if one lacks belief in gods or God then their views about how we got here cannot include God or gods.

if one is an atheist then their explanation of morality or destiny cannot include gods or God.

thats simple

Okay, let me ask you this question to see if you can find the error in your thinking:

Do atheists believe in ghosts?

Answers:
Possible acceptable answers:
  • "That's a trick question, Rob. Atheism pertains to the lack of belief in gods. Ghosts are separate."
  • "That isn't a simple yes or no question, Rob."
  • "Some do and some don't."
Hell, I'd even accept "Many people who identify as atheist also identify as rationalists and cite that as their reason for atheism. Therefore, I'd assume that many, if not most atheists don't believe in ghosts, but it isn't strictly a requirement."

Bad answers:
  • "No."
  • "Atheists don't believe in the supernatural, so no."
  • "Atheists only believe in natural or observable explanations, so no."

Now, do you see the problem? Stop saying atheism when you're not talking about atheism.

atheists can believe in ghosts. they cant believe God created man or that God is the grounds for morality.

if you are not a naturalist then say so. if you are then why are you acting like I have said something totally off the wall?
15-05-2014, 09:43 AM
(15-05-2014 09:35 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 08:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  Circular answer is circular. Try again. Drinking Beverage

That is not circular because it is not intended to be a reasoned argument. It is a statement of fact.

Now I ain't no argumenterer or nothin', but I am fairly positive that saying "I believe in god, 'cause god.' is indeed a statement of particularly rotund status.

Whether it is an argument or not is irrelevant.

Also, do I have to remind you again that you have yet to establish the existence of your glorified war god? I should hope not; Early-onset dementia or senility are sad things indeed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
15-05-2014, 09:50 AM
(15-05-2014 09:34 AM)Charis Wrote:  I liked absols or whatever. Translating him was interesting. I'd look at his posts and my eyes would cross. He was the first of the trolls that I met when I got here, followed by Heywood and then Meng.

Absols - sometimes he seemed to make sense and what he said was profound. Other times I could make no sense out of it at all. Finally, he had really belligerent phases and was always attacking the wrong people. He was really quite nuts. And he wouldn't tell us his country of origin. Sometimes I thought he was a person with severe mental issues trying to communicate, and his mother tongue actually was English. We will never know. I had empathy for him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-05-2014, 09:52 AM
(15-05-2014 09:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 09:34 AM)Charis Wrote:  I liked absols or whatever. Translating him was interesting. I'd look at his posts and my eyes would cross. He was the first of the trolls that I met when I got here, followed by Heywood and then Meng.

Absols - sometimes he seemed to make sense and what he said was profound.

Hold on. Absols making sense? I'm sorry, but ... {{Citation needed}}

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-05-2014, 09:57 AM
(15-05-2014 09:38 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  atheists can believe in ghosts. they cant believe God created man or that God is the grounds for morality.

Can ghosts give absolute morality? If not, why not? If atheists may or may not believe in ghosts, why could an atheist not believe in absolute morality?

You're over-defining the term. Your belief in YHWH has made you assume that the only supernatural cause for anything must be YHWH. It affects the whole way you think and talk.

(15-05-2014 09:38 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if you are not a naturalist then say so. if you are then why are you acting like I have said something totally off the wall?

I never said I wasn't. I even specifically said when you first replied that I wasn't saying your initial statements were wrong; all I said is they weren't strictly specific to atheism.

I swear, it's like you have all these canned responses ready when you're typing your current response, and when you see that I responded to you in a quote block, you just respond with your canned response rather than reading the actual post. It's really annoying.

I'd call you a name, but I don't have any brownies, and apparently we have to give you brownies when we call you names now, or something.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post