Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-05-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
Jeremy. I see what you're doing here. It's dumb. You should just go away.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
14-05-2014, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 06:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-05-2014 06:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if atheists are right, none of this is of any consequence ultimately. the cosmos is indifferent to your views and mine. you care, but the processes that caused you to care, could care less.

Atheism does not imply nihilism but nihilism does demand atheism. What you describe is nihilism. Passive nihilism is just saying "Fuck it. I give up." Active nihilism is "Fuck it. I'll make my own meaning." You're starting to get it.

(14-05-2014 06:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  masturbation is something some people are more predisposed to doing by virtue of certain varying factors i.e. their genetic makeup, ...

And then you went full retard on me.

(14-05-2014 06:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  the cosmos is indifferent to the views you have convinced yourself are somehow ultimately significant.

Nope. That's what you do. I'm temporary and transient. The significance of my being would be diminished if there was an ultimate meaning.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: A Deconstruction of the Moral Argument
(14-05-2014 06:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I like that you've stopped bothering with proper orthography when you type out your brainfarts.

It's like a window into the ongoing deterioration of your mind.

it is deteriorating as we speak. yours too.

and no i will not bother to type a certain way when using my cell phone.

So... why are you bothering to type in the first place?

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
14-05-2014, 06:34 PM
(14-05-2014 06:33 PM)John Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  it is deteriorating as we speak. yours too.

and no i will not bother to type a certain way when using my cell phone.

So... why are you bothering to type in the first place?

because i want to pass my time away doing this at this particular time.

the same reason why you type what you do
14-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Do you really need another whole thread to post the same circular, nonsensical ramblings?
No, you don't.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
14-05-2014, 06:38 PM
(14-05-2014 06:34 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:33 PM)John Wrote:  So... why are you bothering to type in the first place?

because i want to pass my time away doing this at this particular time.

the same reason why you type what you do

So you don't need an ultimate meaning to prompt you to respond?

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
14-05-2014, 06:40 PM
(14-05-2014 06:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  who cares if they are behaviors? who cares if its a false analogy?

you believe its important not to use false analogies. your belief will not add one minute to your life. you are no better off than me for being against false analogy usage.

you are decaying as you write these useless posts. i am decaying as i write these useless posts.

Having a bad day are we ?
Actually you might be decaying, I am learning, growing, living and loving, because that's what I have found to be of value to me. I don't *need* something to last forever to find value in it, (a mental bad habit you have apparently, actually it's pretty "greedy" no ? ). I don't need to grab something and hang on, and "possess" it to find beauty in something, or someone. I'm sorry if you need your fairy story to feel good. You can get over that childish nonsense.
I understand it's scary to grow up. Buck up, kiddo.

you are learning growing living and loving...

in other words....

you are decaying as entropy increases.

your learning and growing and loving is what certain evolved creatures do, like the bear that catches the fish in his mouth as it jumps up out of the water or the snake that sheds its skin.

none of these things have any ultimate significance nor are you better off for doing them than i am.
14-05-2014, 06:42 PM
(14-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you are decaying as you write these useless posts. i am decaying as i write these useless posts.

Don't think I actually start "decaying" until I die. And cremation bypasses all that anyway. Until then I'm just regenerating at a decelerating rate.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2014, 06:42 PM
(14-05-2014 06:34 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Do you really need another whole thread to post the same circular, nonsensical ramblings?
No, you don't.

i did not start the thread.
14-05-2014, 06:44 PM
(14-05-2014 06:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you are decaying as you write these useless posts. i am decaying as i write these useless posts.

Don't think I actually start "decaying" until I die. And cremation bypasses all that anyway. Until then I'm just regenerating at a decelerating rate.

right right...

you are aging, decaying, dying. who cares girlyman. soon you will die and soon after your many words will be forgotten long before the sun loses its energy and ceases to shine.
[+] 2 users Like Jeremy E Walker's post