Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
Your idiotic rant below is not atheism and does not describe atheism at all. Your iiotic rant is just your own straw man.

(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  atheism is neither incomprehensible to me or sad to me. I understand it quite well for it is very simple.

we exist as accidental collocations of atoms. we are here because we evolved from something that somehow came to be long ago without any planning or intention behind it.

we coexist with the roach and maggot and rat who like them, will suffer decay and eventually the cessation of biological life.

we have thoughts about ourselves that make us different from the maggot. we are not better or worse off than they for this. we just are different than they.

some of us think we are special or better than the maggot because we can think these thoughts or have certain feelings about other creatures, but this thinking is not in accordance with reality. its illusory.

[Image: Scarecrow.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 11:49 AM
(15-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:36 AM)Leo Wrote:  What's the conceptualizayion of who god would be ? ChaseChase

Holy, Just, Righteous, Compassionate, Wrathful, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Loving and a slew of other attributes brought together in pure simplicity and perfect harmony.

This attributes are made up and not constitute the reality of the supposed creator of our world. You are familiar with Epicurus? I bet you are not
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
15-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 11:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:36 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  That's just a semantic dodge.

I can be reasonably certain I met someone walking down the street today, because I've had the same experience of other people many times, and have learned since an early age to distinguish them from other animals, trees, and discount store mannequins holding signs.

This experience is in no way comparable to hearing a voice in your head, and deciding it comes from an outside source, and that source must be the Abrahamic God.

A voice in my head was not the cause for me believing in God. Sorry.

Strawman. The experience of meeting a person on the street is in no way comparable to "meeting God" and deciding "God exists" because "you met God"

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
15-05-2014, 11:51 AM
(15-05-2014 11:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  To you they are synonymous. By this reasoning, if you exercise faith in anything you are also gullible.

Implicit trust given without reason, validation, experience, verification, or any semblance of truth; is gullibility.

I trust my parents, they have given me many reasons to over my life; but even this trust is couched with skepticism, because of the knowledge that my parents are limited, biased, and fallible human beings.

You implicitly trust an imaginary pan-dimensional space-wizard that you attribute perfection to, and because this you never apply any skepticism to anything you attribute to your god concept. That is your cosmic loophole. This is why you fail to think critically.

I do not trust God without reason, justification, validation, experience, verification or any semblance of truth.

My parents are fallible too but this does not make my trust in them couched with skepticism.

They can mess up. They do mess up. I still trust them though. Nor am I skeptical about trusting them.

I hope you apply this same reasoning to your trust in fallible men and women who engage in scientific research. I hope your trust in them is couched in skepticism by virtue of their fallibility.
15-05-2014, 11:52 AM
(15-05-2014 11:49 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Holy, Just, Righteous, Compassionate, Wrathful, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Loving and a slew of other attributes brought together in pure simplicity and perfect harmony.

This attributes are made up and not constitute the reality of the supposed creator of our world. You are familiar with Epicurus? I bet you are not

I am. What about Him?
15-05-2014, 11:53 AM
(15-05-2014 07:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Jeremy,
What is your reason for being here on this forum.

And 'the same as yours' isn't an answer...it's a cop out.

Really...what drives you? Something in a form of self-flagellation...I don't think that's it. So, how about an answer to your reason or motive, as it were.

He's angry as fuck that we would dare to reject his fairy tale superstitions, and he's here because he thinks that his superior Dunning-Krueger Skillz will cause us all to bow to his "ministry" and convert to his batshit-crazy superstitions.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
(15-05-2014 11:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:36 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  That's just a semantic dodge.

I can be reasonably certain I met someone walking down the street today, because I've had the same experience of other people many times, and have learned since an early age to distinguish them from other animals, trees, and discount store mannequins holding signs.

This experience is in no way comparable to hearing a voice in your head, and deciding it comes from an outside source, and that source must be the Abrahamic God.

A voice in my head was not the cause for me believing in God. Sorry.

Of course it is. If you think your god is talking to you and you hear his "voice" , You are high like I always suspected.
(15-05-2014 11:32 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:30 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Please answer my question, Jeremy, what would it take to concince you that god isn't worth worshipping?

Anything that would demonstrate that God has failed to live up to my conceptualization of who God would be.

My is subjective. One can not experience another's subjective experience.

This entire statement is no different than any skeptic stating a possibility of doubt.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-05-2014, 11:55 AM
(15-05-2014 11:53 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Jeremy,
What is your reason for being here on this forum.

And 'the same as yours' isn't an answer...it's a cop out.

Really...what drives you? Something in a form of self-flagellation...I don't think that's it. So, how about an answer to your reason or motive, as it were.

He's angry as fuck that we would dare to reject his fairy tale superstitions, and he's here because he thinks that his superior Dunning-Krueger Skillz will cause us all to bow to his "ministry" and convert to his batshit-crazy superstitions.

I am neither angry nor do I desire for you to bow to my ministry or convert to Christianity. For I do not desire for you to do anything against your will.
15-05-2014, 11:56 AM
(15-05-2014 11:53 AM)kim Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:32 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Anything that would demonstrate that God has failed to live up to my conceptualization of who God would be.

My is subjective. One can not experience another's subjective experience.

This entire statement is no different than any skeptic stating a possibility of doubt.

Who said it was different?