Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 11:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:49 AM)Leo Wrote:  This attributes are made up and not constitute the reality of the supposed creator of our world. You are familiar with Epicurus? I bet you are not

I am. What about Him?

You are familiar with his famous quote about the problems with god attributes like all powerful and all knowing?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
15-05-2014, 11:56 AM
(15-05-2014 11:53 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  A voice in my head was not the cause for me believing in God. Sorry.

Of course it is. If you think your god is talking to you and you hear his "voice" , You are high like I always suspected.

Actually it was not. Sorry.
15-05-2014, 11:57 AM
(15-05-2014 07:30 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if one lacks belief in gods or God then their views about how we got here cannot include God or gods.

if one is an atheist then their explanation of morality or destiny cannot include gods or God.

thats simple

Has any atheist here included fairy tale monsters in their views?

Did you really think it necessary that any one of us here hold a "view" of "how we got here"? The short and honest answer is that we don't know. The fact that you can't wrap your head around that without your world collapsing and without cowering in a foetal ball with fear is YOUR problem, not ours.

And what the fuck is "destiny"? Yet another meaningless morsel to throw on your word salad pile.

(15-05-2014 07:36 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Why?

i used to be one and i can relate. i also like having my beliefs challenged and reaffirmed.

You are a fucking liar.

(15-05-2014 07:42 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What caused you to believe?

the same thing that caused C.S. Lewis or any other intellectual skeptic to believe.

So, presupposition, delusion ,and never having ever actually been an atheist at all. Got it. Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 11:58 AM
(15-05-2014 11:56 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am. What about Him?

You are familiar with his famous quote about the problems with god attributes like all powerful and all knowing?

I am.
15-05-2014, 11:59 AM
(15-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  nor do I desire for you to bow to my ministry or convert to Christianity. For I do not desire for you to do anything against your will.

Would you desire us to willfully bow to your ministry and to convert to Christianity?

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
15-05-2014, 12:01 PM
(15-05-2014 11:58 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:56 AM)Leo Wrote:  You are familiar with his famous quote about the problems with god attributes like all powerful and all knowing?

I am.

If you don't see the problems with your god attributes in comparison with the reality of our world , nope you are not . That means you don't understand the quote.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
15-05-2014, 12:02 PM
(15-05-2014 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  me being insulted is not persecution or me denying myself. it is just me being insulted. my reward is not brownie points but a deeper understanding of atheists.

If you wanted to have a deeper understanding of us, you would try to get to know us. But you don't, you always stay in the atheism/theism section and don't get involved in the more social sections, you don't offer help or advice to anyone, you don't try to help others think through personal issues, you don't share anything about your interests and so on. So it certainly looks like you are merely trying to provoke insults. There are and have been theists who were part of the community, we even have one theist admin here. So how come you make sure you don't get exposed to our actual personalities and confine yourself to debates? And pick types of debates that result in insults? You are not a stupid person, so I must assume that you have long figured out what goads some people into issuing insults and what doesn't.

AND he misrepresents us and our understanding of the world and barfs up all sorts of strawman claims about our supposed beliefs, so no, he doesn't want to understand us at all. He's a fucking liar.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 12:02 PM
(15-05-2014 11:57 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:30 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if one lacks belief in gods or God then their views about how we got here cannot include God or gods.

if one is an atheist then their explanation of morality or destiny cannot include gods or God.

thats simple

Has any atheist here included fairy tale monsters in their views?

Did you really think it necessary that any one of us here hold a "view" of "how we got here"? The short and honest answer is that we don't know. The fact that you can't wrap your head around that without your world collapsing and without cowering in a foetal ball with fear is YOUR problem, not ours.

And what the fuck is "destiny"? Yet another meaningless morsel to throw on your word salad pile.

(15-05-2014 07:36 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  i used to be one and i can relate. i also like having my beliefs challenged and reaffirmed.

You are a fucking liar.

An "I don't know" is respectable. Its honest. Its more agnostic.

Naturalistic atheists do not say this though. They say things like: "abiogenesis explains how life came from chemical compounds and these early lifeforms eventually evolved until we have homo sapiens".
15-05-2014, 12:03 PM
(15-05-2014 12:01 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:58 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am.

If you don't see the problems with your god attributes in comparison with the reality of our world , nope you are not . That means you don't understand the quote.

I do not see the problem. Maybe you could highlight it?
15-05-2014, 12:05 PM
(15-05-2014 11:59 AM)John Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  nor do I desire for you to bow to my ministry or convert to Christianity. For I do not desire for you to do anything against your will.

Would you desire us to willfully bow to your ministry and to convert to Christianity?

I would love to see you have a desire and hunger and thirst for righteousness.

As far as bowing to my.ministry, I would be upset if you did so willfully or unwillfully.