Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 12:29 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 11:12 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:11 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, you were poisoned with the whole "don't question anything about these superstitions we are feeding you" mantra. Which is why you are in the predicament you are in now.

I question everything that does not cohere with what God has said.

God said that you should leave this forum and jump off a tall building.

Go.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 12:32 PM
(15-05-2014 12:06 PM)John Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  As far as bowing to my.ministry, I would be upset if you did so willfully or unwillfully.

Why so? And what about the part of converting to Christianity -- willfully. Or am I to infer that you equated having a desire for righteousness with converting to Christianity?

Jesus said that those who do hunger and thirst after righteousness would be filled and that He would do the filling for He said He was the Bread of Life and that whoever drinks of the water that He will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that He will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
15-05-2014, 12:32 PM
(15-05-2014 12:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:12 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I question everything that does not cohere with what God has said.

God said that you should leave this forum and jump off a tall building.

Go.

I question that.
15-05-2014, 12:34 PM
(15-05-2014 11:25 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:20 AM)TheBear Wrote:  IOW, it's a lot easier for you to accept everything without question.

Do you realize how gullible and intellectually lazy that makes you? WC Fields had you pegged.

its easier for me to accept everything that is acceptable without questioning whether or not I should accept it once I have decided it is acceptable.

And what qualified you, in your mind, to "decide what is acceptable"?

Hobo

15-05-2014, 12:35 PM
(15-05-2014 12:27 PM)Impulse Wrote:  There is a huge difference between believing in something for which you have proof and believing in something for which you have none.

I agree.

I also detect a materialistic undertone in your thinking.

I am not a materialist.
15-05-2014, 12:39 PM
(15-05-2014 12:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:25 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  its easier for me to accept everything that is acceptable without questioning whether or not I should accept it once I have decided it is acceptable.

And what qualified you, in your mind, to "decide what is acceptable"?

Hobo

A proposition is acceptable to me if it qualifies to be a Justified true belief.

This is a definition of knowledge that is most frequently credited to Plato and his dialogues. The concept of justified true belief states that in order to know that a given proposition is true, one must not only believe the relevant true proposition, but one must also have justification for doing so. In more formal terms, a subject S knows that a proposition P is true if and only if:

P is true
S believes that P is true, and
S is justified in believing that P is true
15-05-2014, 12:41 PM
(15-05-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:27 PM)Impulse Wrote:  There is a huge difference between believing in something for which you have proof and believing in something for which you have none.

I agree.

I also detect a materialistic undertone in your thinking.

I am not a materialist.
Nice attempt at diverting the topic of why you believe in your god. (Well, not really because it makes no sense at all.) By your reply, you seem to agree then that you believe in your god NOT for the same reason that I would believe in a person as you originally claimed. So back to the drawing board. Why do you believe in your god?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
15-05-2014, 12:41 PM
(15-05-2014 11:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:26 AM)Leo Wrote:  Why not ? It's the command of god , you are questioning the command of your god ?

The command does not cohere with what God has said.

Sure it does.

"You must completely destroy the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the LORD your God has commanded you. Deut 20:17"

Fucking liar.

(15-05-2014 11:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And this ladies and gentlemen is why 'faith' and 'gullibility' are synonymous... Facepalm

To you they are synonymous. By this reasoning, if you exercise faith in anything you are also gullible.

We don't.

Equivocating bullshit in 3...2...1....

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 12:42 PM
(15-05-2014 12:32 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:06 PM)John Wrote:  Why so? And what about the part of converting to Christianity -- willfully. Or am I to infer that you equated having a desire for righteousness with converting to Christianity?

Jesus said that those who do hunger and thirst after righteousness would be filled and that He would do the filling for He said He was the Bread of Life and that whoever drinks of the water that He will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that He will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

I love it how I have to put words into your mouth and second guess everything you write. Does this mean that you don't equate having a desire for righteousness with being a Christian or converting to Christianity, but see the latter merely as an (inevitable?) implication of the former?

If so, do you think that it is a positive contribution to the world from someone to have a desire for righteousness?

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
15-05-2014, 12:44 PM
(15-05-2014 11:32 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:30 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Please answer my question, Jeremy.

Anything that would demonstrate that God has failed to live up to my conceptualization of who God would be.

What makes YOU the Final Arbiter for the Universe of "What Gawd Should Be"?

You really think you are that fucking important. Wow. Just wow.

Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post