Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 11:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:31 AM)John Wrote:  Depends on your idea of necessary. I find it necessary to question everything, and I find it to be extremely useful too.

Great. Just because you've come out unscathed from buying into something without questioning it doesn't mean that it's true nor that it couldn't have ill effects in the future.

The mantra can be, should be, and indeed is questioned, which is the whole beauty of it. And after having questioned whether or not everything should be questioned, I have concluded: YES! Why? Because it is the best way to restrict yourself from accepting falsehoods as true. If you don't find it preferable to accept true things as true, and false things as false, then I'm at loss with how to proceed.

If you do in fact live the way you claim you do, I find it hard to believe you ever step foot outside of your dwelling place, let alone actually function as a member of society out in the world.

Facepalm

Fallacy: Appeal to Personal Incredulity

FAIL.

Hobo Laughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2014 12:59 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(15-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:36 AM)Leo Wrote:  What's the conceptualizayion of who god would be ? ChaseChase

Holy, Just, Righteous, Compassionate, Wrathful, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Loving and a slew of other attributes brought together in pure simplicity and perfect harmony.

That's not a conceptualization. That's a bunch of words on magnets thrown at the refrigerator and copied down.

(15-05-2014 11:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:36 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  That's just a semantic dodge.

I can be reasonably certain I met someone walking down the street today, because I've had the same experience of other people many times, and have learned since an early age to distinguish them from other animals, trees, and discount store mannequins holding signs.

This experience is in no way comparable to hearing a voice in your head, and deciding it comes from an outside source, and that source must be the Abrahamic God.

A voice in my head was not the cause for me believing in God. Sorry.

And you refuse to state what your "cause" is. No surprise here.

(15-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:53 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He's angry as fuck that we would dare to reject his fairy tale superstitions, and he's here because he thinks that his superior Dunning-Krueger Skillz will cause us all to bow to his "ministry" and convert to his batshit-crazy superstitions.

I am neither angry...

You are so angry you can't tell that you're angry any more.

Quote:nor do I desire for you to bow to my ministry or convert to Christianity. For I do not desire for you to do anything against your will.

Then go the fuck away.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 12:57 PM
(15-05-2014 11:51 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not trust God without reason, justification, validation, experience, verification or any semblance of truth.

You claim you have reason, justification, validation, experience, verification, "semblance of truth" to believe in this fairy tale monster.

IF you actually DID have these things, then it would be no trouble at all for you to actually share them with all of us so that we too could enjoy your delusions.

But of course you refuse, because you are lying through your fucking teeth.

15-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Taq's Team -------> PopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornClapPopcornPopcornPopcorn

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
15-05-2014, 01:01 PM
(15-05-2014 11:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If you do in fact live the way you claim you do, I find it hard to believe you ever step foot outside of your dwelling place, let alone actually function as a member of society out in the world.

I have no idea how you inferred this from what I posted, nor how it would be relevant to anything even if it were remotely true, which I'm sorry to say is not. But since you didn't refute or even try to refute anything I wrote, I take this meager ad hominem as a painful concession.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post
15-05-2014, 01:03 PM
(15-05-2014 12:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:57 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Has any atheist here included fairy tale monsters in their views?

Did you really think it necessary that any one of us here hold a "view" of "how we got here"? The short and honest answer is that we don't know. The fact that you can't wrap your head around that without your world collapsing and without cowering in a foetal ball with fear is YOUR problem, not ours.

And what the fuck is "destiny"? Yet another meaningless morsel to throw on your word salad pile.

You are a fucking liar.

An "I don't know" is respectable. Its honest. Its more agnostic.

Thus admitting that your "I know" is dishonest and not respectable.

Quote:Naturalistic atheists do not say this though.

[Image: strawman1.jpg]

You don't speak for "naturalistic" atheists, or any other atheist.

Quote: They say things like: "abiogenesis explains how life came from chemical compounds and these early lifeforms eventually evolved until we have homo sapiens".

[Image: Scarecrow.jpg]

Theories of abiogenesis have nothing whatsoever to do with atheism (which is: not believing in your fairy tale monsters). Try to keep up, idiot boy.

(15-05-2014 12:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:01 PM)Leo Wrote:  If you don't see the problems with your god attributes in comparison with the reality of our world , nope you are not . That means you don't understand the quote.

I do not see the problem. Maybe you could highlight it?

Fallacious Appeal to Personal Incredulity Facepalm

(15-05-2014 12:21 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:06 PM)John Wrote:  Why so?

The same reason Paul blahblahblah...

You think your little fairy tales from your fairy tale book have any meaning here in the Real World, moron? Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
15-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Holy, Just, Righteous, Compassionate, Wrathful, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Loving and a slew of other attributes brought together in pure simplicity and perfect harmony.

So would you agree your God is the The One who Calculated the Heavens, the Stars and the Earth, Reckoner of Time and Seasons, the one who Measured out the Heavens and Planned the Earth, He who Balances Equilibrium and Master of the Balance?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
15-05-2014, 01:08 PM
(15-05-2014 12:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So how did this gawd-person "cause" you to believe in it? Did it appear to you and perform some magic tricks for you? Why you and not everyone else?

Fucking megalomaniac retard.

OH, look -- when cornered, the idiot troll resorts to 3-year old evasions.

Anyone here surprised? Dodgy

Which "bible*"? There are what, hundreds, if not thousands?

* That is to say, which version of the superstitions fairy tales you claim to ascribe to

I have read all of them.

I seriously doubt that, as there are hundreds if not thousands of versions.

Quote: I favor the NASB and ESV for regular reading. The KJV for portions like the Psalms and Nestle Aland's latest scholarly edition #28 of the Novum Testamentum Graece for in depth study in the Greek.

SO you cherry-pick your way through the many different versions. And yet you don't see any sort of problem with that. How curious. Facepalm

(15-05-2014 12:32 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:06 PM)John Wrote:  Why so? And what about the part of converting to Christianity -- willfully. Or am I to infer that you equated having a desire for righteousness with converting to Christianity?

Jeebus said....

Jeebus WHO? You haven't demonstrated to us that such a person ever existed, fucking moron.

15-05-2014, 01:09 PM
(15-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 11:36 AM)Leo Wrote:  What's the conceptualizayion of who god would be ? ChaseChase

Holy, Just, Righteous, Compassionate, Wrathful, Omnipotent, Omniscient, Loving and a slew of other attributes brought together in pure simplicity and perfect harmony.

The fact that you threw "wrathful" in there is interesting. I can see "Just". A lot of people use concepts of "justice" to explain why God does "bad thing", but wrath is completely incomparable with compassion or love. Holy seems rather hollow, as in, it has no meaning outside of supposed divine nature. It would be like describing God as "god-like".

Also, this list seems rather post hoc, as in, you created it after already assuming your god has these qualities. I bet if the Bible didn't include all the wrathful stories of genocides, you wouldn't have added wrath to your list.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-05-2014, 01:11 PM
(15-05-2014 12:32 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 12:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  God said that you should leave this forum and jump off a tall building.

Go.

I question that.

You can't. Your God said it.