Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 02:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 02:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If I tell you, your materialistic mindset will demand you discard what I say as untrue a priori.

For you and I, the issue is not why I believe in God, but rather why I am not a materialist.
More excuses and still no answer to the question. Drinking Beverage

And there will be none until you can tell me why materialism is true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2014 02:17 PM by Charis.)
(15-05-2014 02:06 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  God could have arbitrarily decided that eating a tuna fish sandwich should be met with blessings of twinkies or running red lights should be met with an arrow to the knee.

Fixed that for the Nords of Skyrim. Couldn't help myself.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
15-05-2014, 02:13 PM
(15-05-2014 02:06 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 01:45 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  How much more would a God who is Holy who can see all the wrongs and evils committed in the earth desire to make it right by assigning to the wicked that which their deeds merit?

This is quite ironic, given the thread subject. Any such distinctions God makes are arbitrary. God is [holy], and as such he hates X. Because he is [righteous], he deems that X deserves to be met with Y. So when Got meets X with Y, it is [just].

God could have arbitrarily decided that eating a tuna fish sandwich should be met with blessings of twinkies or running red lights should be met with a bullet to the knee. He just happened to not weigh in on those issues and instead say that male on male homosexuality should be met with stones to the face not being admitted to the kingdom of God (according to the Old New Testament).

Not only is the rule and punishment system quite arbitrary, it's entirely unnecessary, given that he can see the future and is the "author of all things".

It is not arbitrary at all if God's decrees issue forth from His nature as a Holy, Righteous God. What He decrees are in accordance with His nature and are the expressions of His desires for His creation.

Far from being arbitrary, they are what they are by virtue of who God is.
15-05-2014, 02:14 PM
(15-05-2014 02:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 02:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  More excuses and still no answer to the question. Drinking Beverage

And there will be none until you can tell me why materialism is true.
...a-a-a-nd another excuse!
Materialism is a different subject. Why do you believe in your god?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
15-05-2014, 02:15 PM
(15-05-2014 02:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  It is not arbitrary at all if God's decrees issue forth from His nature as a Holy, Righteous God. What He decrees are in accordance with His nature and are the expressions of His desires for His creation.

if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
15-05-2014, 02:16 PM
(15-05-2014 02:15 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 02:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  It is not arbitrary at all if God's decrees issue forth from His nature as a Holy, Righteous God. What He decrees are in accordance with His nature and are the expressions of His desires for His creation.

if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if

Right. If....

Good job!
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
15-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Charis, you would expect God to condemn rape if He existed would you not?
15-05-2014, 02:18 PM
(15-05-2014 02:09 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If after reading the Bible, you feel compelled to be an atheist, then fine.

I do not understand why you would still ask for evidence.

That strikes me as odd.

We wanna know what goes on inside that crazy brain of *yours*, god boy. You read the bible and apparently were not repulsed. The question is why? I fear the answer is that you yourself are a pustulent little twerp who'd cheerfully sell his grandma for glue but hope springs eternal, it *may* be that you are merely a twit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-05-2014, 02:19 PM
(15-05-2014 02:17 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Charis, you would expect God to condemn rape if He existed would you not?
In your view, if God condemned helping the sick, it would be morally wrong.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
15-05-2014, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2014 02:24 PM by Charis.)
(15-05-2014 02:17 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Charis, you would expect God to condemn rape if He existed would you not?

I would HOPE that he/she would. Whether he/she actually would or not would depend on his/her moral character. Also, whether that being condemned rape CONSISTENTLY and whether he/she had alternate definitions of rape would be interesting to see.

[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post