Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 06:29 PM)Charis Wrote:  I like cheerios.

Crispix are better.

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post
15-05-2014, 06:47 PM
(15-05-2014 06:34 PM)djhall Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 06:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Those are very good points, and you seem like a clever young man, but I'm afraid it's turtles all the way down.

Ah, well, I should have known such an obvious observation would already have an established name. I googled the phrase since it didn't seem to make sense.

I run into that a lot here. Things I've thought and tried to describe usually end up having a name for it and an established line of reasoning already accumulated about them. Which makes sense, really, but you just don't run into much of it in popular culture.

There is a bit of a lingo here. Give it a few months and you will have most of it down.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-05-2014, 07:11 PM

Crispix are better.

No way!
Fruity Pebbles foreverz Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-05-2014, 07:16 PM
(15-05-2014 06:08 PM)Stevil Wrote:  This does not mean that a Nihilist doesn't value continuing with their own life, and it does not mean that a Nihilist cannot arbitrarily assign a purpose for themselves if they choose to do so.

I like to think it's rational and not arbitrary.

(15-05-2014 06:08 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Obviously Jeremy is personally uncomfortable not having a purpose defined for him rather than by him, and moral rules defined for him rather than by him.

Aye, there's the rub.

#sigh
15-05-2014, 07:17 PM
(15-05-2014 07:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 06:34 PM)djhall Wrote:  Crispix are better.

No way!

Those are good.
Coco crispies too.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
15-05-2014, 07:21 PM
(15-05-2014 06:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Those are very good points, and you seem like a clever young man, but I'm afraid it's turtles all the way down.

Ah, well, I should have known such an obvious observation would already have an established name. I googled the phrase since it didn't seem to make sense.

I run into that a lot here. Things I've thought and tried to describe usually end up having a name for it and an established line of reasoning already accumulated about them. Which makes sense, really, but you just don't run into much of it in popular culture.

Really? I'm kind of surprised this is new to people.

Then again, it's not as if the "logic" behind it is new to anyone.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
15-05-2014, 07:22 PM
(15-05-2014 07:21 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 06:34 PM)djhall Wrote:  Ah, well, I should have known such an obvious observation would already have an established name. I googled the phrase since it didn't seem to make sense.

Really? I'm kind of surprised this is new to people.

Then again, it's not as if the "logic" behind it is new to anyone.

For some of us, it is.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
15-05-2014, 07:26 PM
(15-05-2014 07:17 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  No way!

Those are good.
Coco crispies too.

Mm Hm! Thumbsup
I just happen to be munching on a CRUNCH bar, right now Shy Like rice crispies frozen in chocolate Drooling

Offtopic
Is it just me or does derail-posting in this thread not cause you any shame, what so ever? Laugh out load Angel

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
15-05-2014, 07:32 PM
(15-05-2014 07:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:17 PM)Charis Wrote:  Those are good.
Coco crispies too.

Mm Hm! Thumbsup
I just happen to be munching on a CRUNCH bar, right now Shy Like rice crispies frozen in chocolate Drooling

Offtopic
Is it just me or does derail-posting in this thread not cause you any shame, what so ever? Laugh out load Angel

Darling, does derailing a thread EVER cause me any shame?

[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
15-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Crispix are better.

Infidels! Chex is the only TRUE cereal.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post