Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-05-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(14-05-2014 06:48 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:44 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you are aging, decaying, dying. who cares girlyman. soon you will die and soon after your many words will be forgotten long before the sun loses its energy and ceases to shine.

So?

Now youve got it!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2014, 06:57 PM
(14-05-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:44 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  you are aging, decaying, dying. who cares girlyman. soon you will die and soon after your many words will be forgotten long before the sun loses its energy and ceases to shine.

Your beliefs will not change fact.
I know what you're doing. It's not going to work.
You think if you make up shit to pretend reality is not reality it somehow changes reality. Your beliefs change nothing. You're going to be stone cold dead. Better to live in reality than make up childish nonsense to pretend you can feel good about nonsense.

then live in reality. stop pretending and deluding yourself that your life is ultimately meaningful.
14-05-2014, 06:59 PM
One cannot expect a child to understand :

The Journey is the destination.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2014, 07:00 PM
(14-05-2014 06:52 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:47 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Obviously you do. Else, you wouldn't have started this self-serving, vanity thread, would you?

i didnt start it. thanks for assuming i did.

I stand corrected. I see it was a split from another thread.
14-05-2014, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 07:04 PM by Mathilda.)
(14-05-2014 06:53 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:48 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So?

Now youve got it!

You're the one who seems to keep bringing up the subject. No one else cares.

The cosmos is indifferent to what you have to say.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
14-05-2014, 07:00 PM
At this point I am pretty sure you are only doing this to try and get a reaction out of people. At one point though the justification seemed to be that you would say something that would shock us to your view point. You would make some logical deduction that we couldn't possibly except as true and we would be forced to see meaning in our lives because of God. You haven't really done that. I have been atheist most of my life. Many people in here have been atheist for even longer. You brief peak into what its like to live without god is unlikely to produce an observation most of us haven't already thought about and wrestled with a long time ago. Our lives, ourselves, all of humanity, every thought and emotion we have ever had is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and without mandate.

We know. I've been down this line of reasoning before you came along. If you aren't interested in our perspective, and you aren't willing to budge on your position, then I am not sure what you ultimate goal is here. Probably just to be belligerent. That's fine. Wouldn't want you to be belligerent for the wrong reasons though, hate to see a person persist in ignorance if I can help it.
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
14-05-2014, 07:01 PM
(14-05-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  then live in reality. stop pretending and deluding yourself that your life is ultimately meaningful.

Strawman.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
14-05-2014, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 07:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-05-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  then live in reality. stop pretending and deluding yourself that your life is ultimately meaningful.

That's what you're trying to do. Many, if not most, of us here don't. It ain't that fucking hard. You gonna die and that's the end for you. Make the best of it.

(14-05-2014 07:00 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  At this point I am pretty sure you are only doing this to try and get a reaction out of people.

I don't think so. I think Jeremy is genuinely inquisitive. ... Dude's got a shitload of mental health issues I can relate to, but he seems more inquisitive than argumentative. But I ain't read all his posts.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2014, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 07:17 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-05-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your beliefs will not change fact.
You think if you make up shit to pretend reality is not reality it somehow changes reality. Your beliefs change nothing. You're going to be stone cold dead. Better to live in reality than make up childish nonsense to pretend you can feel good about nonsense.

then live in reality. stop pretending and deluding yourself that your life is ultimately meaningful.

I never said my life was "ultimately meaningful". Lying for Jebus are we ?
I do get that you NEED to confine all thought and all arguments to YOUR childish limited worldview, but do try a little.

Define "ultimately meaningful". You can't, (coherently) I would bet.

I suggest to you your notion of "ultimately meaningful" is different from every other one of your co-religionists. All of you have your own personal "take" on the Jebus event.

I am really disappointed in you. When you started posting on AF I thought you might have something original or at least slightly compelling or intelligent, or worth reading. Now look at this. You've reduced yourself to this complete mindless drivel.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2014, 07:16 PM
(14-05-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your beliefs will not change fact.

My life is so meaningful to me and those around me - you cannot imagine. It is so pathetic and quite sad that you cannot find meaning in life without an imaginary friend that thinks your special. I just might agree that you are some form of "special".

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post