Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
17-05-2014, 03:29 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
I'm really rather unsure why any of you are bothering with this troglodyte. He seems to not really have any idea what his own thoughts are until he goes to express them. They're written in such a way as to be as slippery, dishonest, and vague as possible and not to actually convey anything of intellectual value.

I'm all for dialogue and education but there are 40+ pages in this tread alone that show rather conclusively this fool is not interested in either. He's just going to keep repeating the same discredited talking points until he's banned.

He's an abject waste of our time. *shrug*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-05-2014, 05:43 AM
Addressing Jeremy below.

You came to this site. I did not know who you were before you visited and posted.

I'd be less annoyed had you stayed away.

Jeremy, why did you choose to be a negative intrusion on my life?

(14-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 05:59 PM)Leo Wrote:  We don't care about your Jebus and about your "hell" but you are the one making bullshit assertions in all atheist sites.

so what if i am?

i am ultimately no worse off than you for how i choose to pass the time away.

you think i SHOULD live or believe or act a certain way.

That is your view and thats fine. thats how you find meaning in a world that owes its existence to natural forces interacting with matter. there is no ultimate end to it all. it will all end relatively soon. the cosmos will experience either heat death or collapse back in on itself.

hasta la vista baby

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-05-2014, 06:03 AM
(17-05-2014 05:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Jeremy, why did you choose to be a negative intrusion on my life?

Why ?
Been thinking a bit about this lately. I think at some level these people (Jeremy isn't as smart as I originally thought, but not a "dim bulb" like Dr. Itch), *know* that their nonsense is really unsupported and quite unreasonable. So why are they here ? Because if they can actually get someone (anyone) intelligent to buy into their crap, it makes them feel less foolish, alone, and "out on a limb". It's about self-affirmation. The person they REALLY are preaching to, is themself. Basically a variation on the "herd" mentality. They'll never agree to this, but it is what I think. "Sharing the gospel" is really about making THEM feel less idiotic, (*if* they can get others to agree that nonsense is not nonsense). I recently re-read Miller's "Death of a Salesman" with this in mind. OMG. It's the same thing. "Death of a Preacherman".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-05-2014, 06:48 AM
What Bucky said. There are other memes too that are reinforced by this behaviour. They are told in Church a lot of misinformation about atheists, or put it differently they have a model in their heads for why we act the way we do which is more or less fundamentally different from reality (that we're just normal people living our lives and wanting religious people to kindly butt out). To them we are angry haters of God who actively desire the downfall of the Church and wish to lead souls away from what we know is their true salvation, Jesus Christ. Because of this, when they interact on an atheist forum and are instantly called on their bullshit, often with accompanying rude gestures and anatomical diagrams, they don't see it as them getting a hiding in logic, they see it as the evil agents of Satan laying down a smoke screen so that anyone who's wavering between faith and atheism will be led astray.

Of course this is batshit insane, so there's quite significant cognitive dissonance to overcome as well. But the funny thing about that is, they've been told we're evil scumbags, they come talk to us and by their douchebaggery attract criticism, which then reinforces the idea that what they were told was correct. "In any case Pastor Bob is a highly intelligent, moral guy and I've got empirical confirmation that he wasn't lying to me. Man, these forums are cesspits of the fallen..." etc etc.

And then again, they see it as a righteous thing to do, to stand up for Jesus and get slapped in the face with a wet fish. That's another reason why they keep coming back for more. Brownie points for Jesus, like what Dom said. I had a bunch in uni who used to go down to the pub on a Friday or Saturday and make a right nuisance of themselves. I have no confidence that they ever converted a single soul by this practice, but they did convince a lot of people that they were mad as a box of ferrets, and if ever any one of them did get gently told to piss off he was happy as Larry afterwards 'cos of all the persecuting what he was enduring. Funny thing that, Christian boyos getting persecuted for Jesus did seem quite popular with the ladies Consider Buggered if I can think of what evolutionary trait that's selecting for.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
17-05-2014, 06:59 AM
(17-05-2014 03:29 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  He's an abject waste of our time. *shrug*

Counterpoint: entertainment value.

Clearly non-zero. Though whether it's actually worth our time in any case...

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
17-05-2014, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 07:38 AM by TrainWreck.)
(17-05-2014 03:29 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm really rather unsure why any of you are bothering with this troglodyte. . . He's just going to keep repeating the same discredited talking points until he's banned.

I just cannot wait until you find someone worth your time - you must be brilliant!!!Thumbsup

I'm putting you on my buddy list you let me know when you got a discussion that is going to make a difference.Thumbsup

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
17-05-2014, 07:58 AM
(17-05-2014 12:10 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 04:16 PM)Charis Wrote:  Could just inhale a whooooole bunch of helium when needed. There's certainly plenty of it out there.

Not sure what to make of that. Helium was the basis for my exit bag until I switched to nitrogen. ... You crazy.

That's too bad - helium would make your exit monologue a whole lot more fun. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
17-05-2014, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 09:46 AM by Leo.)
Hey jeremy do you want to continue the circular game ? Or do you want to have a actual discussion? What's a god or what's god ? You want to discuss your ideas of hell and why non christians will go to hell? Why do you believe in the Yahveh monster god ? Why you are so afraid of death and life without a ultimate meaning ? Do you care to discuss this points ? Or do you want to continue your game? ChaseChaseChaseChaseChaseChase
17-05-2014, 10:24 AM
(16-05-2014 04:16 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 03:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Good point.

Or at least all-powerfully make an all-powerful temporary amnesia elixir.

It would be cool to be that god and create some omni-mind omni-altering omni-drugs.

Thumbsup

Could just inhale a whooooole bunch of helium when needed. There's certainly plenty of it out there.

[random science]
But — as Lee Billings wrote earlier this week — Helium is pretty rare on Earth, and we’re running out of it. Although Helium is the second most common element in the Universe (behind Hydrogen), it’s incredibly rare on Earth.
[/random science]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I have to say that Jeremy Walker is one of the most boring trolls. Always asking questions, never committing but most importantly never asking anything challenging.

It keeps reminding me of this scene from "In the Loop"

NSFW

[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post