Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-05-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(14-05-2014 07:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:16 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  My life is so meaningful to me and those around me - you cannot imagine. It is so pathetic and quite sad that you cannot find meaning in life without an imaginary friend that thinks your special. I just might agree that you are some form of "special".

your life is meaningful because you assign meaning to it. you say it is. but saying it is so does not mean that your life actually is meaningful. you exist to reproduce. thats it.

your life ultimately is no more meaningful than the life of a fly that lives for 24 hours.

Here. Right here. I think you stumbled on to something. Focus on the first sentence. Our lives have meaning because we give it meaning. It's the meaning that we give that makes the difference. You give that meaning to the god you hardly understand and can hardly describe coherently but worship anyway. We give that meaning to ourselves and those around us who share this existence with us in hopes of leaving this world a little better than when we entered it.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like ivaneus's post
14-05-2014, 07:43 PM
(14-05-2014 07:37 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  Here. Right here. I think you stumbled on to something. Focus on the first sentence. Our lives have meaning because we give it meaning. It's the meaning that we give that makes the difference. You give that meaning to the god you hardly understand and can hardly describe coherently but worship anyway. We give that meaning to ourselves and those around us who share this existence with us in hopes of leaving this world a little better than when we entered it.

Physicists are the true prophets. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2014, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 09:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-05-2014 07:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You can't be THAT stupid. YOUR "ultimate meaning" may not be what someone else values. Are you like 2 years old, for fuck sake ?

dude...you are here by accident. your family the human race, the rats the bats the squirrels....

at bottom their is no plan, no purpose. you exist as a by product of something that just so happened to happen long ago.

deny this if you want. in your world thats just how it is.

Your world and my world are the same world. Your making up stuff about yours changes nothing. The world is the SAME world. YOU will be just as dead as the rest of us.
Your religious beliefs change nothing about the world.

You disappoint me again. It's "there" is no plan.

"at bottom their is no plan, no purpose. you exist as a by product of something that just so happened to happen long ago."

I know. And just look. Despite that I have a fantastic family. The best little brother in the world. A fairly good brain. I'm not too ugly. I have good health. My dog dotes on me. My boyfriend loves me. I had a granny who was a seriously great woman, and empire builder. I get to surf once in a while. I get to be involved in all sorts of interesting things. The fact that all this amazing stuff is what my world is made of is to be celebrated, not denigrated cuz some could imagine grabbing/needing more. How seriously fantastic is that ?

Psst. Zip your pants. Your presuppositionalism is showing.
When you start to grow up a little, and gain a bit of maturity, you perhaps will stop needing to project your rigid black and white fundi views onto others, and gain some tolerance. Sorry you have no role models with some easy-going maturity you can look up to and respect, you can consult with during this difficult time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Jeremy, we're okay with this. We really are. We understand it. Yes, even I am beginning to understand it, and I'm just a brand new atheist. Yes, I'm okay with it.
There's a freedom here... a feeling of abandon, a new purpose that is ALL MINE, one that I ASCRIBE MYSELF. There's finally liberty. Do you know how it feels?

Like being born again.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 9 users Like Charis's post
14-05-2014, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 08:41 PM by djhall.)
(14-05-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  then live in reality. stop pretending and deluding yourself that your life is ultimately meaningful.

(14-05-2014 07:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  your life is meaningful because you assign meaning to it. you say it is. but saying it is so does not mean that your life actually is meaningful. you exist to reproduce. thats it.

your life ultimately is no more meaningful than the life of a fly that lives for 24 hours.

I see someone is as obsessed with Objective Meaning as he is with Objective Morality. Yes

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post
14-05-2014, 08:36 PM
(14-05-2014 08:18 PM)Charis Wrote:  There's a freedom here... a feeling of abandon, a newpurpose that is ALL MINE, one that I ASCRIBE MYSELF. There's finally liberty. Do you know how it feels?

Yes. yes I do. Who else is gonna bring you a broken arrow. Who else is gonna bring you a bottle of rain. Here we go ....

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-05-2014, 08:52 PM
(14-05-2014 07:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:16 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  My life is so meaningful to me and those around me - you cannot imagine. It is so pathetic and quite sad that you cannot find meaning in life without an imaginary friend that thinks your special. I just might agree that you are some form of "special".

your life is meaningful because you assign meaning to it. you say it is. but saying it is so does not mean that your life actually is meaningful. you exist to reproduce. thats it.

What lost and troubled fucking retard would say something like this?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
14-05-2014, 09:04 PM
(14-05-2014 08:52 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  your life is meaningful because you assign meaning to it. you say it is. but saying it is so does not mean that your life actually is meaningful. you exist to reproduce. thats it.

What lost and troubled fucking retard would say something like this?

A fearful fundie who was taught to think by rote.
Apparently he has a capricious deity who grants "meaning" (and faith) to only some.
*If* his set of beliefs are true, then his statement is false. If they are not, then his point is without meaning. So, as Mathida said "So" ? I think he's spiraling down to something.
Hope he gets help.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Go cry some more Walker. Reality doesn't give a fuck about your unjustifiably inflated ego. It is not here to make you comfortable in your beliefs or coddle your delusions. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-05-2014, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 10:43 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(14-05-2014 06:45 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:38 PM)John Wrote:  So you don't need an ultimate meaning to prompt you to respond?

there is no ultimate meaning in your world.

And who gives a flying fuck? What sort of petulant child do you have to be to need some sort of ultimate meaning in the world to find your own actions meaningful to you?

You are incapable of wrapping your head around the concept that one does not slide from meaning being objective straight into meaning being illusory. Universal nihilism is not a given from atheism. Constructed, subjective meaning is not useless to those who create and console in said meaning just because you can't fathom the thought of it being nothing more than a valuable device for us. Stop assigning your bullshit and dishonest obligatory universal nihilism onto others, very few people that are atheists adhere to it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post