Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-05-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
Jeremy, I'm always rude to you. ... As I read this thread, I think you are either setting up yet another shell game, or you're having some sincere moment of almost getting it, ot at least understanding where we're coming from.

The religious question is one I have taken seriously for many years, from the age of 15, I'm 38 now. I have been around the religious in varying capacities my whole life and get a sense from your posts of something I have seen before. I hope my following comment makes some sense for you.

I realise you wrestle with objective vs subjective. You attach objective to your God and see worth in it. You attach subjective to people/the self and see it as worthless. ... You have it back to front, subjectivity doesn't give the person worth, the person (you) give subjectivity worth. Once you get this, even though we are all insignificant to the universe, we aren't insignificant to ourselves and loved ones! In the end, it's all we've got!

Ps
Jeremy you are a c ... nearly, stopped myself there Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
14-05-2014, 11:45 PM
(14-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 05:59 PM)Leo Wrote:  We don't care about your Jebus and about your "hell" but you are the one making bullshit assertions in all atheist sites.

so what if i am?

i am ultimately no worse off than you for how i choose to pass the time away.

you think i SHOULD live or believe or act a certain way.

That is your view and thats fine. thats how you find meaning in a world that owes its existence to natural forces interacting with matter. there is no ultimate end to it all. it will all end relatively soon. the cosmos will experience either heat death or collapse back in on itself.

hasta la vista baby

Bah please don't be a CRY baby. Listen we don't care about your beliefs or ideas. Kid grow up. Mature adults accept life as it is. So what if life doesn't
have a absolute meaning. In reality we give ourselves the meaning of our lives. Adult people live life as it is without subscribing to fairly tales. You are the one that invade our domain with your pointless trolling. What's the point of your trolling ? Eventually you will get banned from this site and then what ? You will troll another atheist site ?
14-05-2014, 11:54 PM
(14-05-2014 11:45 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  so what if i am?

i am ultimately no worse off than you for how i choose to pass the time away.

you think i SHOULD live or believe or act a certain way.

That is your view and thats fine. thats how you find meaning in a world that owes its existence to natural forces interacting with matter. there is no ultimate end to it all. it will all end relatively soon. the cosmos will experience either heat death or collapse back in on itself.

hasta la vista baby

Bah please don't be a CRY baby. Listen we don't care about your beliefs or ideas. Kid grow up. Mature adults accept life as it is. So what if life doesn't
have a absolute meaning. In reality we give ourselves the meaning of our lives. Adult people live life as it is without subscribing to fairly tales. You are the one that invade our domain with your pointless trolling. What's the point of your trolling ? Eventually you will get banned from this site and then what ? You will troll another atheist site ?

Banned? Hardly, he's not worthy of the effort. Banning this poor little sad sack of a self-induced martyr would be the equivalent of taking out a gnat with a bazooka. He simply doesn't rate, as he's actually a rather subpar troll (assuming of course that he really isn't just this fucking ignorant). Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-05-2014, 12:03 AM
(14-05-2014 11:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 11:45 PM)Leo Wrote:  Bah please don't be a CRY baby. Listen we don't care about your beliefs or ideas. Kid grow up. Mature adults accept life as it is. So what if life doesn't

Banned? Hardly, he's not worthy of the effort. Banning this poor little sad sack of a self-induced martyr would be the equivalent of taking out a gnat with a bazooka. He simply doesn't rate, as he's actually a rather subpar troll (assuming of course that he really isn't just this fucking ignorant). Drinking Beverage

I hear ya but he was banned from other atheist sites because the same shit. I agree that he is a subtroll but in my opinion the way he spammed all the threads is annoying.
15-05-2014, 12:18 AM
No meaning means we are free to live as we please Smile

Which yes, does imply that if you're keen on rape, murder etc there's no sky daddy out to get you. BUT you have your own social programming to overcome first if you choose to go down that route, and *then* you have to deal with society who're definitely gonna be out to get you.

So we are free to live lives that we define, within parameters defined by society (just so that things don't go to total batshit). There is *no* purpose and *no* point. Enjoy your life, do what you like Smile Is this not liberation?

Of course, with society being set up as it is, not everyone *can* live the life they would like, we do have the small matter of getting food on the table etc. But again, *we* choose. We have the power to change our own fates. We don't have to pray that some capricious super-being will change their master plan - we can work, we can educate ourselves, *we* control our destinies.

The downside is of course, that with the best will in the world unplanned for shit does happen so that yeah, you can work damn hard and see no result, or someone can be shitty to you, or *evil may befall you* to use a Christian motif. But it's still a more hopeful and more positive outlook than sitting on your fanny waiting for some tit in the sky to decide that your particular form of grovelling is pleasing in its sight.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
15-05-2014, 12:19 AM
(15-05-2014 12:03 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 11:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Banned? Hardly, he's not worthy of the effort. Banning this poor little sad sack of a self-induced martyr would be the equivalent of taking out a gnat with a bazooka. He simply doesn't rate, as he's actually a rather subpar troll (assuming of course that he really isn't just this fucking ignorant). Drinking Beverage

I hear ya but he was banned from other atheist sites because the same shit. I agree that he is a subtroll but in my opinion the way he spammed all the threads is annoying.

I've seen the ban log at AF.org, those guys like to throw around their ban hammer like a drunken Thor. We tend to reserve our ban hammer for special occasions, and Walker is not special; he is garden variety at best.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Yabut, wasn't AF having issues with like one or two of their banned members making constant sock puppets? I mean, it looked like they were playing some serious whack-a-mole with someone.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
15-05-2014, 03:28 AM
I went through a phase in my life where I was suffering the worst depression, was suicidal, had problems with self loathing and at the same time learning that my beliefs in reincarnation were wrong. I had to seriously consider the point of living in a world that had no greater purpose. It was hard, not least because of some of the serious shit I was going through at the time and studying an intense course. Eventually though I came to the realisation that it was up to me to figure out what meaning my life was to have for me. It was actually quite liberating.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
15-05-2014, 05:16 AM
(14-05-2014 06:27 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I think someone needs a hug.

...from a man on fire. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-05-2014, 05:23 AM
(14-05-2014 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  dude...you are here by accident. your family the human race, the rats the bats the squirrels....

at bottom their is no plan, no purpose. you exist as a by product of something that just so happened to happen long ago.

deny this if you want. in your world thats just how it is.

Yes. And I like it. Big Grin

I know you do.