Jeremy Walker the nihilist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-05-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Jeremy Walker the nihilist
(15-05-2014 03:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I went through a phase in my life where I was suffering the worst depression, was suicidal, had problems with self loathing and at the same time learning that my beliefs in reincarnation were wrong. I had to seriously consider the point of living in a world that had no greater purpose. It was hard, not least because of some of the serious shit I was going through at the time and studying an intense course. Eventually though I came to the realisation that it was up to me to figure out what meaning my life was to have for me. It was actually quite liberating.

No doubt quite liberating indeed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 05:37 AM
(15-05-2014 05:23 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes. And I like it. Big Grin

I know you do.

Thanks for refuting your own pathetic attempts at an argument.

(BTW your pathetic "moral" implication is beyond childish". YOU are the judge of no one, and nothing, Church Lady).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-05-2014, 05:45 AM
(15-05-2014 05:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 05:23 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I know you do.

Thanks for refuting your own pathetic attempts at an argument.

(BTW your pathetic "moral" implication is beyond childish". YOU are the judge of no one, and nothing, Church Lady).

[Image: churchlady.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-05-2014, 06:12 AM
(14-05-2014 11:02 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Jeremy, I'm always rude to you. ... As I read this thread, I think you are either setting up yet another shell game, or you're having some sincere moment of almost getting it, ot at least understanding where we're coming from.

The religious question is one I have taken seriously for many years, from the age of 15, I'm 38 now. I have been around the religious in varying capacities my whole life and get a sense from your posts of something I have seen before. I hope my following comment makes some sense for you.

I realise you wrestle with objective vs subjective. You attach objective to your God and see worth in it. You attach subjective to people/the self and see it as worthless. ... You have it back to front, subjectivity doesn't give the person worth, the person (you) give subjectivity worth. Once you get this, even though we are all insignificant to the universe, we aren't insignificant to ourselves and loved ones! In the end, it's all we've got!

Ps
Jeremy you are a c ... nearly, stopped myself there Smile

significance in your world is something that exists in the mind of a creature. that is why i have stated that any belief in some significance or meaning in life is purely illusory. you think life is meaningful. esta bien.

thats fine. but thinking it is so does not make it so actually. you would tell a theist that thinking God exists does not make God exist actually.
15-05-2014, 06:17 AM
(14-05-2014 05:42 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  In your world the cosmos is indifferent and the one who believes in hell and says people go there is no better or worse off than you.

It is important to you to speak out against those who feel it important to speak out against those who deny hell.

You are an evolved creature. I am an evolved creature. You, like the vampire bat owe your existence and all that you are to natural forces acting on matter and everyday you get up and think humanity will somehow ultimately benefit from your efforts to discredit religion is simply you engaging in self deception. You delude yourself if you think anything you say or do is of any ultimate consequence.
(14-05-2014 06:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if atheists are right, none of this is of any consequence ultimately. the cosmos is indifferent to your views and mine. you care, but the processes that caused you to care, could care less.

masturbation is something some people are more predisposed to doing by virtue of certain varying factors i.e. their genetic makeup, socio-biological influences etc etc...

some do some dont. some sneeze real loud some sneeze real quietly. some people have blue eyes some have brown..

the cosmos is indifferent to the views you have convinced yourself are somehow ultimately significant.

"If you guys are right, that would be bad, so I think you're wrong."

also

"Your world view is incomprehensible to me, so I think you're wrong."
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-05-2014, 06:28 AM
So, how is it going Jeremy? Did you get enough brownies yet? Are you waiting for Taq or someone to come in and abuse you properly? And how is your new persona working out for you? Must be a bit disappointing, I haven't seen any insults for you in this thread yet.

There is still time, I am sure someone will lose their cool and take pity on you and give you some juicy curse words. Don't give up as yet, I am sure some brownies are coming your way sooner or later.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-05-2014, 06:36 AM
(15-05-2014 06:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  So, how is it going Jeremy? Did you get enough brownies yet? Are you waiting for Taq or someone to come in and abuse you properly? And how is your new persona working out for you? Must be a bit disappointing, I haven't seen any insults for you in this thread yet.

There is still time, I am sure someone will lose their cool and take pity on you and give you some juicy curse words. Don't give up as yet, I am sure some brownies are coming your way sooner or later.

Jeremey is still a cunt, pseudo-nihilist or not. Drinking Beverage

[Image: brownies.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-05-2014, 06:50 AM
(15-05-2014 06:17 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 05:42 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  In your world the cosmos is indifferent and the one who believes in hell and says people go there is no better or worse off than you.

It is important to you to speak out against those who feel it important to speak out against those who deny hell.

You are an evolved creature. I am an evolved creature. You, like the vampire bat owe your existence and all that you are to natural forces acting on matter and everyday you get up and think humanity will somehow ultimately benefit from your efforts to discredit religion is simply you engaging in self deception. You delude yourself if you think anything you say or do is of any ultimate consequence.
(14-05-2014 06:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if atheists are right, none of this is of any consequence ultimately. the cosmos is indifferent to your views and mine. you care, but the processes that caused you to care, could care less.

masturbation is something some people are more predisposed to doing by virtue of certain varying factors i.e. their genetic makeup, socio-biological influences etc etc...

some do some dont. some sneeze real loud some sneeze real quietly. some people have blue eyes some have brown..

the cosmos is indifferent to the views you have convinced yourself are somehow ultimately significant.

"If you guys are right, that would be bad, so I think you're wrong."

also

"Your world view is incomprehensible to me, so I think you're wrong."

atheism is neither incomprehensible to me or sad to me. I understand it quite well for it is very simple.

we exist as accidental collocations of atoms. we are here because we evolved from something that somehow came to be long ago without any planning or intention behind it.

we coexist with the roach and maggot and rat who like them, will suffer decay and eventually the cessation of biological life.

we have thoughts about ourselves that make us different from the maggot. we are not better or worse off than they for this. we just are different than they.

some of us think we are special or better than the maggot because we can think these thoughts or have certain feelings about other creatures, but this thinking is not in accordance with reality. its illusory.
15-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Ahh, there you go Jeremy. Another insult to put in your bag. Do you have enough yet to trade for that special place in heaven that is reserved only for those who let themselves be abused for Jesus? How many more do you need? Maybe we can help, we can be very charitable.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-05-2014, 06:56 AM
(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  atheism is neither incomprehensible to me or sad to me. I understand it quite well for it is very simple.

I agree. Atheism is a very simple stance.

(15-05-2014 06:50 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  we exist as accidental collocations of atoms. we are here because we evolved from something that somehow came to be long ago without any planning or intention behind it.

we coexist with the roach and maggot and rat who like them, will suffer decay and eventually the cessation of biological life.

we have thoughts about ourselves that make us different from the maggot. we are not better or worse off than they for this. we just are different than they.

some of us think we are special or better than the maggot because we can think these thoughts or have certain feelings about other creatures, but this thinking is not in accordance with reality. its illusory.

That's not atheism. None of it is. You didn't mention one word about not believing in any gods. You're over-defining the term to bring up entirely different concepts.

It shows how stuck in theistic thinking you are. It's tainting your perception of literally everything.
[+] 10 users Like RobbyPants's post