Jessica Ahlquist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Jessica Ahlquist
Jessica Ahlquist is a brave young woman who took on her high school and nearly all her classmates and nearly everyone in her community to stand up for what is right, for what our Constitution helps to guarantee for all of us
- equal protection under the law -

If anyone wants to provide a link to that news article, please feel free to do so.
What I wanted to talk about today were the actions and reactions of her classmates, teachers, people in her community, national politicians, as well as local.

She fought to remove a religious prayer banner from her school and many in her community called out for her to be beaten and killed. Those people are disgusting and vile human beings.

I would also contend that they are something else as well.
They are lambs that can be easily lead to the slaughter of not only themselves but others.

I can imagine a large scene of them gathered together and a preacher spouting so much hate toward Jessica and then suggesting to the crowd that each of them take this pill and show Jessica how much faith you have in your god. Let her see your dead bodies on the ground and let that be the strongest message that you could send her to show her that you are willing to DIE for your faith, just as so many good Christians died defending this Christian land.

OR

The same large crowd gathered together and instead of pills for suicide, they have jackets with bombs.

These people are primed for suicidal bombing over the removal of a prayer banner.

Jessica didn't invade their country and devastate their infrastructure, their schools, their hospitals, all of their businesses, their roads and kill 300,000 people.
She went through the legal means of removing a prayer banner from A single school in this country and those fucking idiots want her beaten and killed.

I want that town NUKED, cut out like a fucking cancer.
And yes, I realize the hypocrisy but my christian raised values of mass killing, still after all this time, hold a tiny dark place in my Atheist world view Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2012, 05:48 PM
RE: Jessica Ahlquist
Looks like HamataK's next vacation might be in Cranston, RI.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
15-01-2012, 06:03 PM
(15-01-2012 04:11 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I want that town NUKED, cut out like a fucking cancer.
And yes, I realize the hypocrisy but my christian raised values of mass killing, still after all this time, hold a tiny dark place in my Atheist world view Big Grin

No need to stoop to their level. Reason will win the day, one way or another.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaos MD's post
15-01-2012, 08:16 PM
I agree that Jessica is a brave girl and I'm glad she took a stand and was successful with it. It makes me angry to think that the people around her would threaten her or worse. At the same time, we atheists need to recognize that in a case like this, we're changing something that many people hold near and dear. The people of that community don't think of themselves as doing anything wrong by wanting to put up signs or images related to god because they've had it their way for so long. And they're going to take offense when they get called on it, and rather than recognize their flaw, they're going to blame whoever pointed it out. That's just a flaw in human behavior, and I find it helps to understand it.
15-01-2012, 09:14 PM
(15-01-2012 05:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looks like HamataK's next vacation might be in Cranston, RI.

Vacation? Everyday is a vacation for me. Going there would be like a "business trip". I'd have to work and work until all the senders of death threats were dead themselves. That's a lot of stabbing to do. Oh and the planning for such things! "What am I bringing with me weapon wise?" "How much money will I need for bribes?" "What do my contacts say about the area?" "How long is it going to take me to learn the geography of the land?". Not to mention the transportation costs and setting up an alibi. I also have to get my outfit dry cleaned and ready for action. I have to look my best when I get the front page on.....everything. Then again I could do it cloak and dagger and just assassinate everyone as quietly and quickly as possible making sure to get out of the surrounding area quickly. OOOOH I could do the whole Batman thing and scare them all shitless. But that takes a lot of work to set up. I'm still deciding.
But yes I definitely have this whole situation in mind.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
16-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Unfortunately I don't have much time for discussion right now, but Jessica Ahlquist is a hero, plain and simple. Good for her for standing up for her rights and (whether they realize it or not), the rights of those around her, including the religious.

It should also be pointed out that Hemant Mehta, of the Friendly Atheist blog, has started a fund for Jessica's college tuition, so that she is able to further her education without any hindrances that some people might be interested in throwing at her. You can visit http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/ and you'll see the "Chip In!" button on the right. He's raised over 19k for her in just a few days, if you're interested in pitching in a little. I personally think we should support young skeptics/atheists such as Jessica when we can.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
[+] 2 users Like TheSixthGlass's post
16-01-2012, 10:16 AM
(15-01-2012 09:14 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(15-01-2012 05:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looks like HamataK's next vacation might be in Cranston, RI.

Vacation? Everyday is a vacation for me. Going there would be like a "business trip". I'd have to work and work until all the senders of death threats were dead themselves. That's a lot of stabbing to do. Oh and the planning for such things! "What am I bringing with me weapon wise?" "How much money will I need for bribes?" "What do my contacts say about the area?" "How long is it going to take me to learn the geography of the land?". Not to mention the transportation costs and setting up an alibi. I also have to get my outfit dry cleaned and ready for action. I have to look my best when I get the front page on.....everything. Then again I could do it cloak and dagger and just assassinate everyone as quietly and quickly as possible making sure to get out of the surrounding area quickly. OOOOH I could do the whole Batman thing and scare them all shitless. But that takes a lot of work to set up. I'm still deciding.
But yes I definitely have this whole situation in mind.

I live pretty close to Cranston. I can help with weapons and alibi.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2012, 10:41 AM
The authorities ought to take these threats seriously. Undecided
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
16-01-2012, 02:24 PM
(16-01-2012 10:41 AM)Ben Wrote:  The authorities ought to take these threats seriously. Undecided

Yeah... second that. She's actually taken a bit of a risk poking her head over the parapet like that - there are some serious psycho nutjobs out there Sad
16-01-2012, 02:43 PM
(16-01-2012 10:41 AM)Ben Wrote:  The authorities ought to take these threats seriously. Undecided

Do you mean Hamata's threats? Tongue

Hamata, don't forget, KC has lots of stabby weapons too. I bet he'd meet you there.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post