Jesus’s foreskin? (Theist input would be appreciated)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-11-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Jesus’s foreskin? (Theist input would be appreciated)
(23-11-2013 01:35 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  wai... WHAT !? you're telling me that the most pathetic paranoid bipedal monkeys on earth is supposedly the "Perfect image of an omniscient,omnipotent God" ?

Well, sure.

Haven't you read Genesis?

Tongue

(23-11-2013 01:35 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  [Image: 3394555-6999427612-t_rex.jpg] I beg to differ.

Needs more feathers.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2013 01:56 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(23-11-2013 01:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 01:17 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  OKAY WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH FORESKINS ?

God created humans in a perfect image of himself.

And then told us to cut part of ourselves off.

Makes perfect sense.

That's a really good summation of it.

Which then leads back the the question of, is Jesus a perfect being, born with it, so that it can be removed, or is he more perfect to have been born without the need to remove it in the first place?

I guess it comes down to, does "God" make an error in creating a foreskin, and wants it removed as soon as possible, which is weird for an omnipotent being to do, who created the thing himself? (in which case a perfect Jesus shouldn't have been born with one)
Or...
Did "God" create the foreskin for the very purpose of being removed, and thus it in needed, ...so that it can be removed as show of commitment to "God"... making it not imperfect. (In which case Jesus may have been born with one, so that it could be removed/ but he could have also been born without one, because he would have been so perfect there would have been no need to give him one to be removed in the first place, which still begs the question.)
Though still problematic, because the one who is cut is a baby, and has no idea, what is happening, thus it remains a meaningless gesture. And what about non Jews, and non Christians, who are cut? TMI...what about a circumcised atheist?

In this second scenario, it would seem that circumcisions are kind of like baptisms. Commitmental ceremonies to "God". But for it to have any real meaning, it seems that it should be done only as an adult, with full awareness of the meaning and implications of it, for it to actually hold any meaning in that individual. It certainly would be more meaningful for a 25 year old man to cut off a piece of his penis Sadcryface2 for "the Lord", than for his parents to do it when he still doesn't even know he has a penis to cut off of.

It's kind of like the question of baptizing babies, before they actually have the ability to make a decision about it. Some Christians would say its meaningless to do that young because the person has to make the decision. And then there are Mormons, who posthumously baptize the dead. Perhaps... Consider ...Mormons should start exhuming bodies from there graves and circumcising their corpses...you know...for there own good...

23-11-2013, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2013 02:22 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(23-11-2013 01:35 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 01:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  God created humans in a perfect image of himself.
wai... WHAT !? you're telling me that the most pathetic paranoid bipedal monkeys on earth is supposedly the "Perfect image of an omniscient,omnipotent God" ?

[Image: 3394555-6999427612-t_rex.jpg]

I beg to differ.

I would totally worship that "God"!

Shut up, atheist! I don't care if it's irrational. If T-rex were here, alive right now, I would worship the shit out of him/her!

But agreed, he needs more feathers...

Not going to worship him until he's fluffy and cute.

23-11-2013, 02:43 PM
(23-11-2013 01:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 01:17 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  OKAY WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH FORESKINS ?

God created humans in a perfect image of himself.

Makes perfect sense.

Haha! I like that.
I guess one of the things believers would say is that he had to get it cut off...just like he had to get baptized. Gotta do the will of the father.

Twitter: @doubtingdragon
http://doubtingdragon.wordpress.com
23-11-2013, 03:03 PM
(23-11-2013 02:43 PM)DoubtingDragon Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 01:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  God created humans in a perfect image of himself.

Makes perfect sense.

Haha! I like that.
I guess one of the things believers would say is that he had to get it cut off...just like he had to get baptized. Gotta do the will of the father.

OHHHH!!!!!! HOLYSHIT!!!!! I just thought of a better question!

Fuck Jesus, what about "God"?! Does "God"...you know, the "God" part of "God" that is not the Jesus part of "God", (for the sake of clarity, I'll call him Yahweh) ...Does "Yahweh" have a foreskin, considering we are made in his own image?

And if so, if "Yahweh" started off with a foreskin, did he keep it, or cut if off? And if "Yahweh" did cut of his "god" foreskin, where is it now? It there some mystical, cosmic, invisible, "god" foreskin floating through the universe? Is "Yahweh's" cosmic foreskin omnipresent, and there for everywhere in the universe all at once...is it in this room right now, with me, and with you, but we simply can't see or feel it?

Whoa, man! What if the universe began the moment "God" cut off his foreskin, meaning the universe is actually just "God's" foreskin itself. All mater, all energy, all of reality, just "God's" foreskin... That could explain how he both could have one, and as soon existence began he did not have one...
...deep...

23-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Maybe "Yahweh's" cut foreskin is 'PleaseJesus's' "heavy rock".

23-11-2013, 03:16 PM
(23-11-2013 03:03 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 02:43 PM)DoubtingDragon Wrote:  Haha! I like that.

OHHHH!!!!!! HOLYSHIT!!!!! I just thought of a better question!

Fuck Jesus, what about "God"?! Does "God"...you know, the "God" part of "God" that is not the Jesus part of "God", (for the sake of clarity, I'll call him Yahweh) ...Does "Yahweh" have a foreskin, considering we are made in his own image?

And if so, if "Yahweh" started off with a foreskin, did he keep it, or cut if off? And if "Yahweh" did cut of his "god" foreskin, where is it now? It there some mystical, cosmic, invisible, "god" foreskin floating through the universe? Is "Yahweh's" cosmic foreskin omnipresent, and there for everywhere in the universe all at once...is it in this room right now, with me, and with you, but we simply can't see or feel it?

Whoa, man! What if the universe began the moment "God" cut off his foreskin, meaning the universe is actually just "God's" foreskin itself. All mater, all energy, all of reality, just "God's" foreskin... That could explain how he both could have one, and as soon existence began he did not have one...
...deep...

Dude... don't you know. Yahweh cut off his foreskin and used it to create the universe. We are his foreskin! Duh!
[+] 3 users Like LostCyborg's post
23-11-2013, 03:27 PM
(23-11-2013 03:16 PM)LostCyborg Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 03:03 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  OHHHH!!!!!! HOLYSHIT!!!!! I just thought of a better question!

...deep...

Dude... don't you know. Yahweh cut off his foreskin and used it to create the universe. We are his foreskin! Duh!

That's what I said... Dodgy

23-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Yes you did... Bowing

Sorry I missed that last part... must have gotten distracted. Unsure
[+] 1 user Likes LostCyborg's post
23-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Where's PleaseJesus to explain this to us?Consider

Probably too busy proselytizing child abuse to pay attention here.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post