Jesus Army takes over Trafalgar Square and marches through London.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 03:57 PM by TheLogicalAthiest.)
Jesus Army takes over Trafalgar Square and marches through London.
On Saturday I was in London, England having a wonderful time. When I made my way to Trafalgar Square I was annoyed to see it overrun by some silly Jesus Army cult performance.

Here is a photograph I took. The people in the purple, orange and blue and green tshirts are all part of the cult. They wore different colored shirts depending on the branch they traveled from. If you look closely you can also see tents to the left where they had activities going on and to the right there is an information stand which is where I talked to two of the members ...

[Image: P1020372.jpg]

On stage they had entertainment going on like people singing Christian music, people preaching, people talking about how they found God and they also had Children dancing. There was alot of propaganda being spoken, such as insinuating that you couldn't live a fulfilled life without God and all these other ignorant lies. The members also teamed up in pairs and were seen talking to people standing around trying to convert them.

So after not liking what I was hearing, I wandered to the information stand to see what leaflets they had and to see what they were trying to brainwash people with.

This is where I met an old lady who started talking to me. I don't debate old people so I decided to just be nice and pretend I was interested. I found out that all the members live together in big housing apartments, they are encouraged to donate all their income to the church. She also told me they had marched though London and this can be seen here:

http://www.demotix.com/news/2228980/hund...ia-2228976

Here are some of the things she asked me:
- What is my name and surname. (Why the hell do they need my surname)
- Do I want to book a visit the accommodation and see if I like it? (At which point when I declined she handed me alot of leaflets about Jesus Army meetings in my local area.)
- Do I want to come stand at the front with her and have a good view of the performance. (I knew not to do this as then I would find it hard to escape.)

Its in my opinion that this Cult should never have been given permission by the City of London to proselytize at Trafalgar Square, as they likely will have converted some people and its an absolute joke seen as they are preaching bullshit. They are allowed freedom of speech, but they should never have been allowed to have such a big platform to preach their lies.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: Jesus Army takes over Trafalgar Square and marches through London.
A bunch of Atheists took over the National Mall in Washington, DC for a day or two. If we have the right to do that, the Christians have the right to take over Trafalgar square for a day. Free speech.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
07-07-2013, 04:17 PM
(07-07-2013 03:54 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  They are allowed freedom of speech, but they should never have been allowed to have such a big platform to preach their lies.

Contradiction. You wanna preach your truths, you gotta let others preach their lies.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-07-2013, 05:15 PM
(07-07-2013 03:54 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  On Saturday I was in London, England having a wonderful time. When I made my way to Trafalgar Square I was annoyed to see it overrun by some silly Jesus Army cult performance.

Here is a photograph I took. The people in the purple, orange and blue and green tshirts are all part of the cult. They wore different colored shirts depending on the branch they traveled from. If you look closely you can also see tents to the left where they had activities going on and to the right there is an information stand which is where I talked to two of the members ...

[Image: P1020372.jpg]

On stage they had entertainment going on like people singing Christian music, people preaching, people talking about how they found God and they also had Children dancing. There was alot of propaganda being spoken, such as insinuating that you couldn't live a fulfilled life without God and all these other ignorant lies. The members also teamed up in pairs and were seen talking to people standing around trying to convert them.

So after not liking what I was hearing, I wandered to the information stand to see what leaflets they had and to see what they were trying to brainwash people with.

This is where I met an old lady who started talking to me. I don't debate old people so I decided to just be nice and pretend I was interested. I found out that all the members live together in big housing apartments, they are encouraged to donate all their income to the church. She also told me they had marched though London and this can be seen here:

http://www.demotix.com/news/2228980/hund...ia-2228976

Here are some of the things she asked me:
- What is my name and surname. (Why the hell do they need my surname)
- Do I want to book a visit the accommodation and see if I like it? (At which point when I declined she handed me alot of leaflets about Jesus Army meetings in my local area.)
- Do I want to come stand at the front with her and have a good view of the performance. (I knew not to do this as then I would find it hard to escape.)

Its in my opinion that this Cult should never have been given permission by the City of London to proselytize at Trafalgar Square, as they likely will have converted some people and its an absolute joke seen as they are preaching bullshit. They are allowed freedom of speech, but they should never have been allowed to have such a big platform to preach their lies.

Nice photograpy - picture number 5 - superman!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 06:12 PM
(07-07-2013 04:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 03:54 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  They are allowed freedom of speech, but they should never have been allowed to have such a big platform to preach their lies.

Contradiction. You wanna preach your truths, you gotta let others preach their lies.

(07-07-2013 04:12 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  A bunch of Atheists took over the National Mall in Washington, DC for a day or two. If we have the right to do that, the Christians have the right to take over Trafalgar square for a day. Free speech.

Yeah you guys are right, its just irritating to see this bullshit happening.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
[+] 2 users Like TheLogicalAthiest's post
07-07-2013, 09:51 PM
(07-07-2013 04:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  

No freedom of speech cant b for preachings

posting in forums is still a solo activity

obviously u define things regarding their ends, so mostly ur means

ends are objective they are not definitions of things, ends are real u can just call the obvious fact they seem or hold a position out of it

things like freedom of speech is a positive concept that rely on superior justifications to, bc things are true

basically freedom is only individually

preaching over a crowd is clearly opposed to else freedom n even oneself

u cant use the thing called truth to justify lies too

truth is meant as being first existing thing so the floor of any and everything in the abstraction that lies cant b objective, lies by definition dont exist