Jesus Camp (2006 Film)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: Jesus Camp (2006 Film)
(12-05-2014 04:54 PM)beeglez Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 02:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yeah way to kill the atmosphere! Everybody looks really uncomfortable as he's talking and looking at each other,

I wonder what happened to him.

I fear he might have been subjected to even more intense brainwashing as punishment. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are wrong... but I fear you are right.

[Image: tumblr_mbi9tvVVZh1rzbj5mo1_r1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I have not been more disturbed by a film since creation adventure team six literal days.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
22-09-2014, 08:46 PM
This video makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
29-09-2014, 12:33 PM
So as an apostate of a Pentecostal type system should I watch this or will I just want to throw a full bottle of Jameson at my computer screen?
29-09-2014, 02:16 PM
(29-09-2014 12:33 PM)Woefatt Wrote:  So as an apostate of a Pentecostal type system should I watch this or will I just want to throw a full bottle of Jameson at my computer screen?

Mmm. If you decide to hit play, you may want to strap in. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-09-2014, 03:02 PM
(11-05-2014 07:56 PM)OFTwify Wrote:  I watched a movie last night and was DEEPLY disturbed by it's content. I don't usually watch things like this but I was curious.

The film in question: 2006 American documentary film directed by Rachel Grady and Heidi Ewing, "Jesus Camp". Currently on Netflix if you are interested in creeping yourself out. You can probably find it on YouTube or something similar as well. The film takes place in a Christian Summer Camp located in North Dakota. It focuses on three (very young) children who attend the camp in the summer of 2005.

[SPOILER ALERT]
Alright. This film was disturbing on the premise that these people are allowed to subjugate their children. Which I know is common in very Christian homes but not growing up in one, I could imagine growing up that way.

All three of the children are devote Christians and are home schools. One of the first scenes is of one of the children being taught about climate change and being persuaded by his mother that it's wrong. She proceeds to tell him that evolution is wrong and creationism is the only truth. Bangin

I believe as some point they even mention that "non-believers" should be pushed out of the country or even killed. As an atheist, that is horrifying. (Exact reason the place I live doesn't know about my lack of belief.)

This camp didn't miss a beat. By the end of it the children were taught that they need to "take back" their country, stop abortion, homosexuals are evil, and so on. Completely horrible and I can see why it's so hard to get through to these Christians after they've been brainwashed at such an early age.

Trailer:

Future Atheist right there:

Child abuse, absolute child abuse.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
29-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Re: Jesus Camp (2006 Film)
I heard some rough things about that movie,never saw it though.

A friend of mine at work was also appalled at the kids forced to protest and be in situations they couldn't comprehend. But this motivational Christian guy we used to work with tried to brush it off as harmless.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson