Jesus Camp Doco

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Jesus Camp Doco
OK I t may been done to death already but it only just screened here in NZ tonight and I think I actually now have a small understanding of what people brought up in that environment had to go through. It was like watching '28 Days Later' and then finding out it was real.

It is horrifying. The long haunted looks on the kids faces. Challenged but knowing if they speak out or don't toe the line then they risk social death. There was one boy with blonde hair who said he didn't know and didn't think he could believe and was bawling his eyes out and not a single person went to him.

Some of them were just tiny. 4 or 5 years old being scared to death by some big fat old woman on a mission yelling at them.

I hope those kids find solace with good people because the people in that doco were a mix of shysters, mentally fucked and ignorant, manipulative arseholes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Jesus Camp Doco
(25-03-2014 06:04 AM)Pippen Wrote:  OK I t may been done to death already but it only just screened here in NZ tonight and I think I actually now have a small understanding of what people brought up in that environment had to go through. It was like watching '28 Days Later' and then finding out it was real.

It is horrifying. The long haunted looks on the kids faces. Challenged but knowing if they speak out or don't toe the line then they risk social death. There was one boy with blonde hair who said he didn't know and didn't think he could believe and was bawling his eyes out and not a single person went to him.

Some of them were just tiny. 4 or 5 years old being scared to death by some big fat old woman on a mission yelling at them.

I hope those kids find solace with good people because the people in that doco were a mix of shysters, mentally fucked and ignorant, manipulative arseholes.

Welcome to the world of Fundamental/Evangelical Christianity, try not to feed the wild-life during your visit.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-03-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: Jesus Camp Doco
I often think I'd like to move away from the UK as it can seem wet, windy and depressing at times. But one thing I am grateful for is that we having nothing like this (unless I am just unaware of it). Another positive is we only have a handful of creationist and nobody pays any attention to them.

I work with a couple of xtians but we never speak about it. They just get on with their lives and the rest of us ours and nobody tries to convert anyone either way. I did once have a heated debate with one of them regarding homosexuality and she got all Sodom and Gomorrah on me. But I just told her if she's going to accept that perverted angel raping OT story then she better sacrifice some doves every month when she's 'unclean', not cut her hair and stop wearing that rather fetching polyester blouse she seems to love and she hasn't brought it up since.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post