Jesus Camp

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2011, 02:51 AM
RE: Jesus Camp
I also watched this movie over the weekend and I may be crazy but is that Seth on the radio at about 50 seconds into the movie? It sounds a lot like him. The movie was released in 2006 and I remember Seth saying he was a christian broadcaster for a few years. Pretty funny if it's him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2011, 08:22 AM
This makes me feel a deep emotion that goes beyond anger.
I finally have a valid reason for buying all those weapons. Time to get to work.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
15-11-2011, 08:54 AM
My anger over this movie was turned inward. I was never as extreme as these folks, Thank Zeus, but I worked at Christian camps for many years and in kinder and gentler ways, still manipulated a lot of young people into believing there was an invisible sky parent floating around. The movie made me sick, but I'm sick at my own part played as a youth pastor and then minister.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-11-2011, 02:47 AM
I got sent to a Jesus Camp when I was about Levi's age. We didn't speak in tongues, but one of things that stays with me most vividly is the detailed and needlessly graphic description of Jesus' death. We were meant to sit there, kids between 6 and 12 years of age, and cry over some man who died 2,000 years ago, and feel guilty because it's all our fault, because we were jealous and lied and did petty little things that kids do.

Anyway, the clip that saddened me the most about the movie (I can't find it at the moment but when it comes up I'll add it), was the little blond boy who was crying because he had some doubt. I wanted to kidnap that kid and tell him it was ok to think for himself.

And why isn't teaching kids bollocks like "creation science" illegal?
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
08-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Few things I see disturb me, I've seen such discusting things on the web that almost nothing I see makes me react a certain way, but that movie was 90minutes of loathsome, disgusting brainwashing and in my opinion child abuse.

Especially when it became political, the George Bush cut out made me mad. What the hell? Why bring politics into it, conservative christians, recruiting kids into The Republican party.

The only part of the movie I liked was the ending when she listened to the radio and they said Sweden was the least religious country in the world, which I can vouche for, that made me feel proud of my country Tongue

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof Christopher Hitchens

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion Steven Weinberg
24-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Pardon the Necro...I know this thread is old...

But I just saw this is available on Netflix Streaming.

I don't think it's worth a whole new thread....But I thought it was worth a mention.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

24-02-2014, 12:22 PM
NNANANANANNANNANANANANN-
NECROPOSTING!
ANANANANANANNANANANA!
Anyways, I was homeschooled, but I did VIRTUAL SCHOOL!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
24-02-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm curious to watch it….my in-laws spend every summer teaching at an AWANA camp in Wisconsin, but I'm afraid it will make me even more creeped out by them than I already am. Shocking

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
24-02-2014, 02:02 PM
(24-02-2014 12:30 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm curious to watch it….my in-laws spend every summer teaching at an AWANA camp in Wisconsin, but I'm afraid it will make me even more creeped out by them than I already am. Shocking

It's like a train wreck. I'm not sure I can avoid watching it. Might turn it on while I cook dinner one night, so I don't have to pay close attention to it.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

24-02-2014, 04:51 PM
I cried several times during this movie. It's worth a watch for those who still think religion does no harm. Seeing how these kids are brainwashed, and emotionally manipulated will change your mind.

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post