Jesus Camp

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Jesus Camp
I forgot about this movie until was perusing letmewatchthis.com looking for nothing in particular. I almost sicked up. If you've seen this thing then you know why. Man alive if you aren't sure what child abuse and brainwashing is all about then watch it.
I remember watching this when it came out and thinking that I would go to that camp and kidnap all of those camp leaders. What they do is sick. Absolutely sick, anyone who thinks otherwise is also sick. No if ands or buts.
I'd blissfully put this thing out of my head so I could go on living without being mad at religion all the time... But it didn't work, and now I also remember the movie... I am furious. Rage isn't a strong enough word. Murderage pisstkill is better.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2011, 04:35 PM
RE: Jesus Camp
My wife was made to go to crap like this when she was going up and she said she thought it was all fake then and refused to participate. She is still a believer in God and Jesus but even she recognized it as nothing but brainwashing ridiculous emotion induced bullshit.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I really can`t see how people don`t know what it is. Obviously people don`t otherwise these places wouldn`t exist, but wow. How in the... Scary scary world this is sometimes.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
14-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Everything that happened to the kids in Jesus Camp was down right awful and wrong.

Look at what this kid believes after going to that camp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z14iuazhu...re=related

Religion destroys logic and reason.
14-09-2011, 06:04 AM
I simply hate that movie, it makes me sick for a month. I could kill all of them in that camp and go to jail with peace in my soul.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Filox you so crazay! All humor aside those people are horrible horrible people with no reasonable excuses for the brain melting they inflict on children. They should be imprisoned.

14-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh, I saw this movie. In fact, the woman minister Becky Fischer lives and operates her church about 90 miles from where I live. From what I understand, she's actually a very nice person, although totally delusional in her world view.
I kind of feel pity for these people - they grow up in this all consuming environment and have no choice but to find their own niche there. Becky found her place in warping children's minds and "using" them to spread her very dangerously unnatural, world view and pentecostal propaganda. Sad
Her psychological behavior model would have made Joseph Goebbels proud. Exclamation

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
14-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I always love it when someone says that a person is nice.... other than some of the things they say or do... I bet Kim Jong Il has some niceness to him, maybe he loves puppies or gives to a childrens charity... But he's still a prick.

What that lady does to children makes her not nice at all in my books, it makes her a nasty horrible person, because she does it on purpose. She even states so in the movie. If evil is doing something horrible to people on purpose than she is evil.

Please do not take this as an attack on you, I'm just sayin is all. Plus I'm a dick.

[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
18-09-2011, 08:46 PM
A friend of mine who knows all the somewhat obscure but good movies that come out all over the world (and got me to watch both Moon and Timecrimes, both great movies that have nothing to do with Jesus Camp, pardon the nonsequiter), anyway, he told me to watch this movie, knowing full well how insane it is.

And wow, she's pretty damn hypocritical, she claims muslims brainwash their kids from an early age, but what does she call what she's doing? So what, it's ok for her to indoctrinate kids at that age into the common religion of the US, but it's not ok for other countries to be the same? They're horrible people for doing that but she's a saint?

But by far, the creepiest part of the movie for me, was when they started worshipping the cardboard cutout of George W. Bush as a messenger of god. I mean, wow was that creepy, there are no words to describe how weird that was. And no one there acted like there was anything wrong that, they were all going along, wth? Ok, if you're going to worship god, worship a god, not a cardboard cut out of the (then) US president.

And boy, you think the woman was crazy? Ok, she was, very very crazy, but my point is, the kids were pretty crazy too. They didn't even think for a second from what we saw of them, they swallowed every word that woman said with no complaint. Granted, it's kinda built in to kids to be gullible, it's kinda a built in thing, but their parents sure let them go there and from what we saw of the parents, they were kinda iffy too. It certainly takes more than one crazy person to make that camp from hell work, y'know?

"Ford! There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out."
~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
19-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Most of these kids were home-schooled. So, not only do they appear gullible, but they have never experienced anything outside of their family or their religion. The saddest part to me is the kid with the rat-tail haircut that is interviewed along with the crazy lady early on. They ask why he decided to become Christian, and this kid (8? 9?) says that at age 5 his life just was not complete until he found Jesus. Really? Go play t-ball or play with other friends. Indoctrination EXTREME!

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus Camp (2006 Film) OFTwify 11 219 28-07-2014 08:58 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  Black Jesus JDog554 6 89 20-07-2014 06:54 AM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Harry Potter and Jesus freaks Bows and Arrows 34 677 14-01-2014 12:17 AM
Last Post: Hafnof
  Religion in the Matrix - Neo is basically Jesus Buddy Christ 4 2,105 15-02-2013 04:47 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Jesus is like Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Buddy Christ 1 456 11-04-2012 07:46 AM
Last Post: ghostexorcist