Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
All,

I don't understand the continual consternation here with the fact that Jesus dies to save us from the system that He is a member of. He died for His own sacrifice, yes. He also set up priests and government and is at the same time is our high priest with a kingdom… your point being what, exactly? That God who can make a swimming pool and water cannot fill a pool at will? That you've never heard of someone other than God being committed to their own creation?

I also don't understand why people are continually asking and re-asking how it is that God had to set up a blood sacrifice system. It's a death system. Sin is clearly a powerful force if it is the factor leading unto death. Adam and Eve without sin/disobedience would still be with us. So someone has to die to atone for sin.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2015, 10:34 AM
(20-04-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So someone has to die to atone for sin.

No, they don't. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-04-2015, 11:20 AM
(20-04-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Sin is clearly a powerful force if it is the factor leading unto death. Adam and Eve without sin/disobedience would still be with us. So someone has to die to atone for sin.

No, no and wait a second - NO! How do you not see how bat-crap crazy these statements are? It is all false, bullshit, unproven drivel you have fallen for so sadly.

Grow up already - nobody needs to DIE to atone for any anything. That is warped.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Timber1025's post
20-04-2015, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2015 11:52 AM by Leo.)
(20-04-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I don't understand the continual consternation here with the fact that Jesus dies to save us from the system that He is a member of. He died for His own sacrifice, yes. He also set up priests and government and is at the same time is our high priest with a kingdom… your point being what, exactly? That God who can make a swimming pool and water cannot fill a pool at will? That you've never heard of someone other than God being committed to their own creation?

I also don't understand why people are continually asking and re-asking how it is that God had to set up a blood sacrifice system. It's a death system. Sin is clearly a powerful force if it is the factor leading unto death. Adam and Eve without sin/disobedience would still be with us. So someone has to die to atone for sin.
You are so full of shit. First of all Adam and Eve never existed. Also the original sin and the " consequences " ( death and suffering entering the world because Adam and Eve sin ) never happened. Nobody has to die for the mistakes or negative actions of others. This horshit negates the personal responsibility of human actions. I'm only responsible for my mistakes. And only I can pay for my mistakes. Your concept of justice is bizarre to say the least.
[+] 5 users Like Leo's post
20-04-2015, 01:41 PM
(20-04-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Sin is clearly a powerful force if it is the factor leading unto death.

Yup, that's exactly why things die.

Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Dusky's post
20-04-2015, 04:15 PM

Re "He also set up priests and government..."

Huh? If Jesus ever even existed, he never "set up" priests. Surely you don't believe that stuff about Peter made up by the Catholic Church, do you? Please read the following...I wrote it for people just like you...
http://www.markfulton.org/was-peter-the-...oman-pope/
20-04-2015, 04:23 PM

RE "at the same time is our high priest with a kingdom"

Huh? This Jeebus character, who is dead, may be your high priest (in your imagination) but he's not mine. And "he" never will be. Stop pretending that "he" is. I refuse to be ruled over by your imaginary celestial dictator.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
20-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Re "Sin is clearly a powerful force if it is the factor leading unto death."

No. It has already been pointed out to you that there is no relationship between sin and death other than in your primitive book and in your simpleminded imagination.

"Sin" is an imaginary problem invented to promote the power of priests. There is no obsessive compulsive God fretting over what you do or say or think. There are just anal priests trying to control your behaviour.
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
20-04-2015, 09:40 PM
(20-04-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Sin is clearly a powerful force if it is the factor leading unto death. Adam and Eve without sin/disobedience would still be with us. So someone has to die to atone for sin.
Oh yeah ... CLEARLY.

IF sin were real and IF it was the cause of mortality -- neither of which has any evidence to substantiate the notion, and certainly none coming from you -- THEN it would be a "powerful force". Or would it?

Well ... theology says that sin is "missing the mark" -- a failure to measure up to god's standards of perfection. It is the state of being inadequate. It is not a something like the dark side of the Force. It is just being human. It's fucking up. Nothing very "powerful" sounding about that.

I suppose that your conflating sin with an ominous power has to do with the need to dress it up a bit into something more impressive than it actually is -- simple human folly.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
21-04-2015, 12:36 AM
(20-04-2015 10:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't understand the continual consternation here with the fact that Jesus dies to save us from the system that He is a member of. He died for His own sacrifice, yes.
It's not a fact that Jesus died nor is it a fact that Jesus saved anyone. It isn't a fact that any such sacrifice was made.

Your position is that of belief, you have faith that Jesus died and saved you as a sacrifice. Please don't belittle your own position of faith by claiming this is a fact.

The problem people have, besides the lack of evidence supporting the existence, death and salvation of Jesus, is that blood sacrifices don't make any logical sense.

There is nothing magical or special about dying. We will all die. The cause of our deaths may be unknown and the time of our death may be unknown, but we will die eventually. Our human DNA does not support everlasting life.

Given that death is an ordinary event, the death of someone does not cause magical things to happen. It does not atone for sins of others and it does not give an everlasting afterlife.

If Jesus did exist, then he died because he was a mortal animal, he had no choice as all animals must die eventually. Even if he made a claim that his death was a sacrifice for all of humanities sins. His claim means nothing. His death means nothing. If he lived his death would have been entirely unremarkable.

I think, that if you love Jesus, it would make more sense to focus on his life rather than his death. If he lived a life that you find remarkable and inspiring then that is something special (for you). If you try to follow in the footsteps that you perceive of him and be a wonderful person (by human standards) rather than by trying to spread the word or convert people then perhaps your life can be remarkable too.
If you dedicate your life to spreading the word, then in my opinion, your life is an unremarkable waste.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post