Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2015, 07:42 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(11-09-2015 03:13 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ... Beautifully nailed ...

Thanks, Mark. There's a nice irony in "nailing" religion's demise Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
12-09-2015, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 02:42 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-09-2015 12:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 03:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "To be consistent as an atheist, you must be prepared to defend how there is no god because children suffer"

This would be a pointless debate. You would simply make up stuff about how you know the mind of God. The same god who doesn't ever say or do anything. I would quite reasonably point out that your dumb and impotent god is only a figment of your imagination.

"you must be an atheist apologist because there are countless children who live lives of joy with little or no suffering involved." Huh

This is a non sequitur. It may have some convoluted coherency, but in your mind only.

If I asked you to discuss

"you must be a gynaecologist, because my grandmother eats lots of green apples"

you would have the same reaction I've had to your statement....a blank stare.

Let me help you. You have consistently used the fact that some children suffer to demonstrate (via an emotion-based argument not appropriate for a formal debate setting) that God does not exist.

Since some children suffer very little if at all, and even have tremendous, abiding joy, please explain why that doesn't mean God exists. After all, you say suffering proves the opposite.

Q, you claim

"And I further understand it requires extraordinary proof to prove God's existence..." Thumbsup

But then

"Since some children suffer very little if at all, and even have tremendous, abiding joy, please explain why that doesn't mean God exists"Weeping Facepalm

You have to do better than this.

You are here to teach us deluded atheists all about Gawd, Jeebus etc, are you not? Allow me to give you a "light bulb" moment. You won't get anywhere here by just making noise. That might work in church (where everyone is half asleep and accustomed to listening to bullshit,) but it doesn't cut the mustard here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
12-09-2015, 02:49 PM
(09-09-2015 12:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 03:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "To be consistent as an atheist, you must be prepared to defend how there is no god because children suffer"

This would be a pointless debate. You would simply make up stuff about how you know the mind of God. The same god who doesn't ever say or do anything. I would quite reasonably point out that your dumb and impotent god is only a figment of your imagination.

"you must be an atheist apologist because there are countless children who live lives of joy with little or no suffering involved." Huh

This is a non sequitur. It may have some convoluted coherency, but in your mind only.

If I asked you to discuss

"you must be a gynaecologist, because my grandmother eats lots of green apples"

you would have the same reaction I've had to your statement....a blank stare.

Let me help you. You have consistently used the fact that some children suffer to demonstrate (via an emotion-based argument not appropriate for a formal debate setting) that God does not exist.

Since some children suffer very little if at all, and even have tremendous, abiding joy, please explain why that doesn't mean God exists. After all, you say suffering proves the opposite.

Let me help you.

Read AK's post 980...slowly.
16-09-2015, 11:28 AM
The comments regarding [some] Jews can be explained in context. Even God reproves the Jewish people on occasion, lots of occasions in the scriptures, Mark. BB's comments are equally off base. The notion that some writers would talk about Paul even though he was considered an apostate to the [original] Jewish faith is sheer nonsense (besides being yet another BB argument from silence). Clearly BB does not understand that Jews even now will sit shiva (treat as deceased and gone) even living persons who convert to Christianity. BB, please spend some time with Jewish people as well as Gentile apostate professors at "We-hate-God U" before making remarks like you've made.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
16-09-2015, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 05:45 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-09-2015 11:28 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The comments regarding [some] Jews can be explained in context. Even God reproves the Jewish people on occasion, lots of occasions in the scriptures, Mark. BB's comments are equally off base. The notion that some writers would talk about Paul even though he was considered an apostate to the [original] Jewish faith is sheer nonsense (besides being yet another BB argument from silence). Clearly BB does not understand that Jews even now will sit shiva (treat as deceased and gone) even living persons who convert to Christianity. BB, please spend some time with Jewish people as well as Gentile apostate professors at "We-hate-God U" before making remarks like you've made.

Nice try. Fail again. The Jews of the time talked about all sorts of mundane things, other jews etc etc in the writings of Philo etc. Saying something is "sheer nonsense" with no references, (which you need as you are no scholar with no background) are dismissed as ignorance.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-09-2015, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 02:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-09-2015 11:28 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The comments regarding [some] Jews can be explained in context. Even God reproves the Jewish people on occasion, lots of occasions in the scriptures, Mark. BB's comments are equally off base. The notion that some writers would talk about Paul even though he was considered an apostate to the [original] Jewish faith is sheer nonsense (besides being yet another BB argument from silence). Clearly BB does not understand that Jews even now will sit shiva (treat as deceased and gone) even living persons who convert to Christianity. BB, please spend some time with Jewish people as well as Gentile apostate professors at "We-hate-God U" before making remarks like you've made.

"Sitting Shiva" (now) is totally irrelevant. You posted no reference to or demonstrated the custom existed then. Sitting Shiva was a ceremony, not an active silence. You post such garbage Q. I do get that you need to keep the cognitive dissonance at bay, at whatever cost.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-09-2015, 04:35 AM

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. If anyone reading this can make sense of it, please help me out.
17-09-2015, 05:44 AM
(17-09-2015 04:35 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. If anyone reading this can make sense of it, please help me out.

If you *had* an idea, we'd have to send you off to the shrink.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-09-2015, 04:08 PM

You haven't read your own babble...

Acts 17King James Version (KJV)

17 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Jews discussed Paul.
22-09-2015, 10:01 AM
(18-09-2015 04:08 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

You haven't read your own babble...

Acts 17King James Version (KJV)

17 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Jews discussed Paul.

Yes, but not as an apostate or a Roman who was a conspirator to trick them! Be consistent.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.