Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(28-09-2015 01:50 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm a published author/editor in apologetics and prophecy subjects.

He writes pamphlets. As you can see, he's no scholar. He's unqualified.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2015 06:04 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(28-09-2015 01:50 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 10:26 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Dr. Fulton is a published author in the very subject you declare him incompetent, in ADDITION to being a licensed physician, which fact AUGMENTS his credibility in any scholarly endeavor, not detracts from it.

By the way, Mr. Q., what are your bona fides?

I'm a published author/editor in apologetics and prophecy subjects. But any layman can see the difference between Mark's rhetoric and his (occasional) substantive arguments.

By the way, I hope you see the hypocrisy in statements like "he's a medical doctor, adding weight to his theological and historical scholarship" while your friends at TTA make statements like "having a physicist comment on geology and creation detracts from his scholarship". Be consistent.

"But any layman can see the difference between Mark's rhetoric and his (occasional) substantive arguments."

Or...you don't understand my arguments (ie my "rhetoric") because
- your pre-conceived notions get in the way
- your lack of knowledge about history gets in the way
- you are too busy trying to look good and be right about everything
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
28-09-2015, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2015 04:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-09-2015 01:50 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Be consistent.

Consistency is overrated.

(25-09-2015 10:26 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  By the way, Mr. Q., what are your bona fides?

(28-09-2015 01:50 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm a published author/editor in apologetics and prophecy subjects.

You didn't answer the question. Doc Fulton's curriculum vitae is available for everyone to see. Where's your CV? Who published your work? Was it peer reviewed?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-09-2015, 04:55 PM
(28-09-2015 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 01:50 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Be consistent.

Consistency is overrated.

(25-09-2015 10:26 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  By the way, Mr. Q., what are your bona fides?

You didn't answer the question. Doc Fulton's curriculum vitae is available for everyone to see. Where's your CV? Who published your work? Was it peer reviewed?

I don't know about anyone else, but I find the very concept of peer-reviewed apologetics and prophecy to be laugh-out-loud, roll-on-the-floor hilarious.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
28-09-2015, 06:35 PM
(28-09-2015 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...You didn't answer the question. Doc Fulton's curriculum vitae is available for everyone to see.

I have to agree that continued anonymity in this context only diminishes credibility if indeed Mr. Q is a published author. Further, it would be helpful to discussions to be able to reference published works because, unlike all the off the cuff ramble in forums, published works have had the benefit of editing, illuminating the authors' frames of mind and ideas more clearly and cogently.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
28-09-2015, 07:12 PM
I believe this is Q:

[Image: jimmy_swaggart.jpg?w=600&h=458]

He's not as popular or busy as he used to be, so now he feels the need to troll internet forums, Ashley Madison, etc.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-09-2015, 08:11 PM
(28-09-2015 07:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I believe this is Q:

[Image: jimmy_swaggart.jpg?w=600&h=458]

He's not as popular or busy as he used to be, so now he feels the need to troll internet forums, Ashley Madison, etc.

This got me thinking...."what's happened to Jimmy Swaggart?"

I found this...from http://www.jsm.org...

"Jimmy Swaggart Ministries

Welcome to the official website of Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart, containing details of the Family Worship Center and the SonLife Broadcasting Network, including direct links to the websites of Frances Swaggart, Evangelist Donnie Swaggart, Pastor Gabriel Swaggart and other extensions of the ministry. The website also contains our 'Shop', where you can make online purchases of JSM merchandise such as The Expositor's Study Bibles, Music, Preaching & Teaching CD's, DVD's, Study Guides, Commentaries, and Books.

The anointed teaching, preaching and music of Jimmy Swaggart, Donnie Swaggart, Gabriel Swaggart, and the ministers and musicians of Family Worship Center can now be accessed 24hrs a day through Jimmy Swaggart Ministries' SonLife Broadcasting Network, experience the difference today!

If you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Romans 10 : 9-10 "

The guy has got balls. And some Americans are seriously stupid and gullible!

Anyone heard a Jimmy Swaggart album lately? I hate to imagine how bad it would be.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
29-09-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm sorry to have to report that having lived now for two years in a Muslim country I have to report as follows:

1. Ralph is right.
2. Jesus was an Armenian prince who became a Rabbi and was converted to a new version of Judaism being put around by Eleazar of Galilee
3. Jesus was a putative candidate for Roman Emperor because of his ancestry
4. Vespasian and Titus Flavius were dispatched to Judea to put down a rebellion led partly by Jesus
5. The Romans won, Jesus knew he had led his "people" into the war and gave himself up so the others could live
6. The new testament was written by Joseph Bar Matheus (Matthew) as a piece of propaganda and to pacify the Near East.
7. Modern Jihadist Islam is hardly any different from the religion called "Judaism" which predated Christianity and it was this religion which the Romans came up against and needed to pacify
8. We are in the same position now.
9. I now "understand" Christianity.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
01-10-2015, 08:56 PM
(29-09-2015 11:39 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I'm sorry to have to report that having lived now for two years in a Muslim country I have to report as follows:

1. Ralph is right.
2. Jesus was an Armenian prince who became a Rabbi and was converted to a new version of Judaism being put around by Eleazar of Galilee
3. Jesus was a putative candidate for Roman Emperor because of his ancestry
4. Vespasian and Titus Flavius were dispatched to Judea to put down a rebellion led partly by Jesus
5. The Romans won, Jesus knew he had led his "people" into the war and gave himself up so the others could live
6. The new testament was written by Joseph Bar Matheus (Matthew) as a piece of propaganda and to pacify the Near East.
7. Modern Jihadist Islam is hardly any different from the religion called "Judaism" which predated Christianity and it was this religion which the Romans came up against and needed to pacify
8. We are in the same position now.
9. I now "understand" Christianity.

"Jesus knew he had led his "people" into the war and gave himself up so the others could live"

Have you got any evidence for this?
05-10-2015, 01:40 PM
(28-09-2015 03:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

He writes pamphlets. As you can see, he's no scholar. He's unqualified.

Which pamphlets are you referring to?

I have written, edited and published quite a number of books in print.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.