Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
I have to agree with Schlomo Sand:

While acknowledging "the affinity between Jews and the holy land," Sand has said that "I don't think the religious affinity to the land gives you historical right." Still, he supports Israel's existence "not because of historical right, but because of the fact that it exists today and any effort to destroy it will bring new tragedies." He explained that he doesn't call himself a Zionist, but "a post-Zionist and non-Zionist because the justification of this land is not historical right."[16]

Comparing the Palestinians to children of rape, Sand has said that Israel "raped a population. And not only a population – we destroyed this society, in constituting the Israeli state." He opposes the law of return and the right of return. Still, "Israel has to be the state of Israelis. That is the only way we can continue to live in the middle east."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2015, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 06:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-10-2015 12:38 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  You remind me of some kid arguing about comic book characters. The real events can only be learned from real evidence, which is DNA, archaeology and other sciences,

Oh, and what do you make of the DNA studies of Dr. Eran Elhaik at Johns Hopkins who says that Jewish DNA is no different from any other Europeans? Hard stuff to swallow for you, I suppose: http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/ea...hort?rss=1

What you get in response to this isn't rational. Observe closely!

Oh really ? Observe you post incoherently about nothing related to the discussion ?
*As if* you know anything about real History and Archaeology. LMAO

You, of all people, are the LAST person who should be going on about reason and evidence, oh Master Fake Dot Connector. I never said anything about Jewish DNA, you fucktard. Do try to follow along in the thread the argument AT HAND, and stop trying to deflect from the fact you are totally ignorant of the period, and questions at hand, and trying to derail the argument to Ellis' bullshit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-10-2015, 07:20 PM
(23-10-2015 11:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 03:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Correct. The prophecies of Christ's second advent are yet to be fulfilled for obvious reasons."

Please fill me in. I could use a laugh. It never fails to amaze me how fucking deluded people like you are.

Mark, are you wholly unaware that there are prophecies in the OT of a suffering servant Messiah and a King/ruler/conqueror Messiah both? Are you unaware of the NT discussions where Jesus (and John the Baptist) is asked whether Jesus is the expected one or whether there will be (another) someone?

I asked you about the prophecies of Christ's second advent which are yet to be
fulfilled. Feel free to answer the question any time you like.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2015, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 07:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Matthew 24:34 "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

And yet Q has the gall to contradict his own messiah, and talk about "fulfilled" prophesy, when Jebus himself gets it totally wrong. Laughat

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-10-2015, 02:03 PM
(23-10-2015 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 12:38 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  What you get in response to this isn't rational. Observe closely!

Oh really ? Observe you post incoherently about nothing related to the discussion ?

You, of all people, are the LAST person who should be going on about reason and evidence, oh Master Fake Dot Connector. I never said anything about Jewish DNA, you fucktard. Do try to follow along in the thread the argument AT HAND, and stop trying to deflect from the fact you are totally ignorant of the period, and questions at hand, and trying to derail the argument to Ellis' bullshit.

QED! Irrational babble from Angryman.
24-10-2015, 02:17 PM
(24-10-2015 02:03 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh really ? Observe you post incoherently about nothing related to the discussion ?

QED! Irrational babble from Angryman.

Bro, we *know* him, and we know you. You're not fooling anyone.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-10-2015, 02:35 PM
(24-10-2015 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 02:03 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  QED! Irrational babble from Angryman.

Bro, we *know* him, and we know you. You're not fooling anyone.

BB: "Oh really ? Observe you post ...*As if* ... LMAO ... oh Master Fake Dot Connector... you fucktard... you are totally ignorant... bullshit."

Res ipsa loquitur.

I don't want to know this person...or you...or the "we" you refer to.
24-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Getting back to the point of this thread, if the Abrahamic religion was a religion of the Keltoi, then the ritual sacrifice of a person of royal blood, ie., in Jesus case, of the House of David, was a feature of that culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hKLbmuMMyo

His treatment prior to crucifixion fits in with the Celtic tradition of sacrificing a high born person when confronted with an enemy. In that context his sacrifice was not "pointless".
24-10-2015, 04:24 PM
(24-10-2015 02:43 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Getting back to the point of this thread, if the Abrahamic religion was a religion of the Keltoi, then the ritual sacrifice of a person of royal blood, ie., in Jesus case, of the House of David, was a feature of that culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hKLbmuMMyo

His treatment prior to crucifixion fits in with the Celtic tradition of sacrificing a high born person when confronted with an enemy. In that context his sacrifice was not "pointless".

Really? That's a totally nutty idea. The Celts were known and written about before 500 BCE, and they were in the Western Mediterranean, specifically what is now southern France.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2015, 12:10 AM
(24-10-2015 02:35 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bro, we *know* him, and we know you. You're not fooling anyone.

BB: "Oh really ? Observe you post ...*As if* ... LMAO ... oh Master Fake Dot Connector... you fucktard... you are totally ignorant... bullshit."

Res ipsa loquitur.

I don't want to know this person...or you...or the "we" you refer to.

Well, but we know that you *are* a fucktard. So there's that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.