Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(24-10-2015 04:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 02:43 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Getting back to the point of this thread, if the Abrahamic religion was a religion of the Keltoi, then the ritual sacrifice of a person of royal blood, ie., in Jesus case, of the House of David, was a feature of that culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hKLbmuMMyo

His treatment prior to crucifixion fits in with the Celtic tradition of sacrificing a high born person when confronted with an enemy. In that context his sacrifice was not "pointless".

Really? That's a totally nutty idea. The Celts were known and written about before 500 BCE, and they were in the Western Mediterranean, specifically what is now southern France.

Really? Which is why they were also living in China.

One of the better known mummies found in the Taklamakan Desert is an individual known as Cherchen Man, who was determined to be of Celtic origin. He is phenomenally well preserved for being around 3,000 years old, with Nordic features such as high cheekbones and long nose, as well as reddish hair and beard. It is estimated that he stood around 6 feet high, and when found was dressed in a red twill tunic and tartan leggings that have a weave determined to be characteristic of Bronze Age Celts. The mummy was found along with those of three women and a baby, all of which were in an extremely pristine state of mummification, far beyond what is typically seen in the more well-known Egyptian mummies. One of the women found with the Cherchen Man had luxurious light brown hair that was astonishingly lustrous considering its age and immaculately combed and braided. In fact, all of the bodies had been very carefully laid out and dressed. The baby was wrapped in high quality brown cloth tied with red and blue cord. On each of the infants eyes someone had lovingly placed blue stones, and a baby’s milk bottle made from sheep’s udder had been carefully placed to the side within reach, all of which suggest some sort of ritual before death. http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/10/th...-of-china/

And, more importantly:

"the "Celts" properly so called are "totally lacking in the British Isles." Thus, to speak as is so commonly done, of "Celtic ancestry," the "Celtic "temperament," and "Celtic fire" amongst any section of the natives of these islands, is, according to anthropologists merely imagination. "The term "Celt" or "Celt" is entirely unknown as the designation of any race or racial element of language in the British Isles, until arbitrarily introduced there a few generations ago. Nor does the name even exist in the so-called "Celtic" languages, the Gaelic, Welsh and Irish. It is, on the contrary, the classic Greek and Latin title of a totally different race of a totally different physical type from that of the British Isles, and that the word was only produced there by unscientific phlogistic and ethnologists some decades ago."

Presentism, Chas, presentism... tut, tut.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 12:33 AM
(25-10-2015 12:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 02:35 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  BB: "Oh really ? Observe you post ...*As if* ... LMAO ... oh Master Fake Dot Connector... you fucktard... you are totally ignorant... bullshit."

Res ipsa loquitur.

I don't want to know this person...or you...or the "we" you refer to.

Well, but we know that you *are* a fucktard. So there's that.

More irrational babble!
25-10-2015, 12:44 AM
History tells us that England was settled by the Phoenicians who sailed to England to mine the tin. The Phoenicians invaded England in 1103 BC and when they arrived they found England to be inhabited by the Picts. Picts were a small people and were considered aborigines. Over a period of time the Phoenicians were assimilated. Today the small descendants of this intermarriage between the Picts and the Phoenicians have been incorrectly termed Celts.

"....... Phoenician pioneers were not "Semites" as hitherto supposed, but were Aryans in Race, Speech and Script. They were, besides, disclosed to be the lineal blood ancestors of the Britons and Scots -- properly so-called, that is, as opposed to the aboriginal, dark Non-Aryan people of Albion, Caledonia, Hibernia, the dusky small-statured Picts and kindred "Iberian" tribes. -- p. vi of "The Phoenician Origin of Britons, Scots and Anglo-Saxons" (1924)
25-10-2015, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 07:31 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-10-2015 02:03 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh really ? Observe you post incoherently about nothing related to the discussion ?
*As if* you know anything about real History and Archaeology. LMAO

You, of all people, are the LAST person who should be going on about reason and evidence, oh Master Fake Dot Connector. I never said anything about Jewish DNA, you fucktard. Do try to follow along in the thread the argument AT HAND, and stop trying to deflect from the fact you are totally ignorant of the period, and questions at hand, and trying to derail the argument to Ellis' bullshit.

QED! Irrational babble from Angryman.

Oh yes. Ralphie. All atheists are angry. That is such a great argument. Don't you have some irrelevant imaginary dots to connect, Ralph ?
Waddell, Ralphie ? Really ?
You do have proof of that shit, right ?
Oh wait. It's more imaginary dots being connected.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Waddell
LMAO

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-10-2015, 01:20 PM
First, Bucky, you are now getting paranoid and delusional because I am not Ralph Ellis. I'm not Jewish, I'm not a member of B'nai Brith or the Freemasons, like Mr. Ellis is. Just by saying that, I prove I am not him because no member of those cults would deny membership.

Secondly, you are losing your grasp of reality by continuing to post irrationally, making silly assertions while continuing to swear.

Third, if you are actually a Harvard student, you are displaying the kind of irrational behaviour by obsessively attacking someone you don't know which should qualify you for a trip to a the psychiatry department and not to a PhD dissertation.

Anyway, Bucky old boy, why is your discussion, analysis, call it what you want, of a plainly and wildly fantastical, untrue, mythical and mystical book like the Old Testament, of more intrinsic value than the studies of a doctor and soldier who is only reporting what he considers factual? Even if one accepts that Waddel is not completely correct, the Old Testament is completely false because it rests on a concept of a people descended from god, thereby making it a fantasy.

Is it not the case, Buckster, that you are simply a hypocrite and an intellectually dishonest fraud who wants to peddle a racial supremacist history of a particular group of people on the pretext of it being historical, when, in fact, it can't be?

What is it you are doing? You come across as more fanatical and deluded than almost anyone on this forum.
25-10-2015, 07:24 PM
(25-10-2015 12:21 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 04:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Really? That's a totally nutty idea. The Celts were known and written about before 500 BCE, and they were in the Western Mediterranean, specifically what is now southern France.

Really? Which is why they were also living in China.

Speculation, at best.

Quote:One of the better known mummies found in the Taklamakan Desert is an individual known as Cherchen Man, who was determined to be of Celtic origin.

Citations required. One mummy does not make a population.

Quote:He is phenomenally well preserved for being around 3,000 years old, with Nordic features such as high cheekbones and long nose, as well as reddish hair and beard.

That doesn't make him a Celt nor establish a Celtic population.

Quote:It is estimated that he stood around 6 feet high,

Yet Victor Mair and J.P. Mallory put his height at no more than 5'5".

Quote: and when found was dressed in a red twill tunic and tartan leggings that have a weave determined to be characteristic of Bronze Age Celts. The mummy was found along with those of three women and a baby, all of which were in an extremely pristine state of mummification, far beyond what is typically seen in the more well-known Egyptian mummies. One of the women found with the Cherchen Man had luxurious light brown hair that was astonishingly lustrous considering its age and immaculately combed and braided. In fact, all of the bodies had been very carefully laid out and dressed. The baby was wrapped in high quality brown cloth tied with red and blue cord. On each of the infants eyes someone had lovingly placed blue stones, and a baby’s milk bottle made from sheep’s udder had been carefully placed to the side within reach, all of which suggest some sort of ritual before death. http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/10/th...-of-china/

Not a reliable scientific source. They also cover:
Ancient Mysteries
Bizarre
Conspiracy
Cryptozoology
Ghosts & Hauntings
Modern Mysteries
MU News
Psychedelics
Spirituality
UFO Phenomenon

Quote:And, more importantly:

"the "Celts" properly so called are "totally lacking in the British Isles." Thus, to speak as is so commonly done, of "Celtic ancestry," the "Celtic "temperament," and "Celtic fire" amongst any section of the natives of these islands, is, according to anthropologists merely imagination. "The term "Celt" or "Celt" is entirely unknown as the designation of any race or racial element of language in the British Isles, until arbitrarily introduced there a few generations ago. Nor does the name even exist in the so-called "Celtic" languages, the Gaelic, Welsh and Irish. It is, on the contrary, the classic Greek and Latin title of a totally different race of a totally different physical type from that of the British Isles, and that the word was only produced there by unscientific phlogistic and ethnologists some decades ago."

You might try reading the writings of actual historians.

Quote:Presentism, Chas, presentism... tut, tut.

I don't think you actually know what presentism is.

You are far too credulous.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-10-2015, 07:31 PM
(25-10-2015 12:44 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  History tells us that England was settled by the Phoenicians who sailed to England to mine the tin. The Phoenicians invaded England in 1103 BC and when they arrived they found England to be inhabited by the Picts. Picts were a small people and were considered aborigines. Over a period of time the Phoenicians were assimilated. Today the small descendants of this intermarriage between the Picts and the Phoenicians have been incorrectly termed Celts.

The Poenicians traded with the people in southern Britain, they did not populate Britain.

Your dot-connecting is on a par with Ellis, i.e. nutty as a fruitcake.

Quote:"....... Phoenician pioneers were not "Semites" as hitherto supposed, but were Aryans in Race, Speech and Script. They were, besides, disclosed to be the lineal blood ancestors of the Britons and Scots -- properly so-called, that is, as opposed to the aboriginal, dark Non-Aryan people of Albion, Caledonia, Hibernia, the dusky small-statured Picts and kindred "Iberian" tribes. -- p. vi of "The Phoenician Origin of Britons, Scots and Anglo-Saxons" (1924)

Genetics shows this to be entirely false.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Don't take it personally, DB.

Chas may be a bit abrupt, to say the least, but I have never, never seen him speak conclusively without having conclusive data, and I see him as our board's built-in "baloney detector" (to use Sagan's parlance). He'll call anyone out who uses information that is in conflict with his encyclopedic knowledge and astounding Google skills. And rightfully so!

Far better to be called out on BS than to keep repeating BS, no? He once called me out because I used lazy language in describing my process for finding stars in the night sky (by dividing it into arcs centered on certain constellations) because the wording implied that two of my arc-points were immediately adjacent to one another.

Remember that in atheist circles, it is considered a compliment to have your information reviewed and corrected, offered a chance to rebut with better, more solidly-established sources of information or else admit you were using a weak source. No shame in that unless you stand your ground on a bad point, which is why we're offering references in the rebuttals, so you can look for yourself and make a new set of decisions-- even if your decision is to stand your ground, following reply to or rebuttal of the rebuttal.

In other words, Chas means well. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
25-10-2015, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 10:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-10-2015 01:20 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Anyway, Bucky old boy, why is your discussion, analysis, call it what you want, of a plainly and wildly fantastical, untrue, mythical and mystical book like the Old Testament, of more intrinsic value than the studies of a doctor and soldier who is only reporting what he considers factual? Even if one accepts that Waddel is not completely correct, the Old Testament is completely false because it rests on a concept of a people descended from god, thereby making it a fantasy.

So I see you can't even begin to support your garbage from Waddell. I do get that you can't deal with people with REAL educations about what they claim to be experts on. It's tough. You'll be ok. You can just continue to connect imaginary dots. That makes you happy.

The OT is a set of texts, produced by a culture, (which you obviously know nothing about, nor have ever studied), FOR SPECIFIC REASONS, most of which have nothing to do with religion, which are used in all kinds of moronic ways by religious nuts around the world. I don't have to justify anything I do to you, you dot-connecting, ignorant moron.

Quote:Is it not the case, Buckster, that you are simply a hypocrite and an intellectually dishonest fraud who wants to peddle a racial supremacist history of a particular group of people on the pretext of it being historical, when, in fact, it can't be?

I don't suffer fools. You are one. You have proven it over and over. I have never once said anything remotely suggesting one race is of more value than another.
I see you are unable to even read and take in information in a rational way. You are even more bizarre than anyone even began to think.

No wonder you come out with such garbage. You are insane.
If I need advice from the likes of you pops, I'll be sure and ask.
Get help.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Sorry to be so fashionably late on replying to this post back from mid-September. I’m just getting around to reading this post now.

(11-09-2015 10:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  * Paul was a RABBI circumcised on the eighth day, a Benjamite, and a leading student of Hillel

What Paul was not, was a Rabbi, or a student of Hillel, or a student of Gamaliel, as many other people try to claim. (I think you meant Gamaliel because Hillel was from the previous generation.) Paul did not meet the minimum requirements to be a Rabbi because he was not married. Under Jewish law, a man cannot be ordained as a Rabbi unless he is married.

In addition to failing to meet Rabbinic qualifications, Paul also was in violation of Jewish law and was a “sinner” because all men are required to get married and have children. If biological children cannot be possible, then they may adopt children, but Paul did not discuss his wife and children in any of his writings, and as far as I know, he never even tried to identify himself as a Rabbi. If he did, then he was either hiding a wife and family, or he was a liar.

Now, it’s conceptually possible that Paul studied under the masters of his era but didn’t gain Rabbinic ordination because of his status as a bachelor… Except that Paul also gives no evidence that he could read or write Hebrew. Paul quotes the “old testament” from a known mistranslation in the Septuagint! No Torah scholar would EVER read Torah from a translation. Translations are like crutches for people who can’t read it in the original language. They are never the go-to text for people who are well educated. Lack of comprehension of Hebrew is a real stumbling block to anyone who claims to have been a student of the most preeminent Rabbis and Torah scholars of that era. This is akin to someone claiming to be a close student of Stephen Hawking or Lawrence Krauss, but who can’t do basic algebra. The lie is painfully obvious to people in the know.

(11-09-2015 10:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  * Paul wrote literally thousands of verses concerning Jewish Mishnah, halachic interpretation, Jewish customs, biblical festivals, etc.

Where are these vast scripts from a guy who couldn’t even read Hebrew or follow the must rudimentary tennants of Jewish law?

(11-09-2015 10:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  * There are numerous verses in Paul denigrating Gentiles as particularly degenerate and flouting the Roman authorities as being utterly unable to try Paul or even hold him in prison! Romans condemns Gentiles for vile sin and their treatment of the Jewish people above all Pauline epistles...

Denigrating gentiles is terribly loathsome behavior. Torah law calls for respectful treatment of non-Jews; not beating them up, insulting them, or calling them dogs as Jesus did. And just so you're aware, treating non-Jews poorly, as the NT says Jesus and Paul did, is considered to be a sin under Torah law.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post