Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(17-11-2015 12:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 12:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It is common nonsense to allegorize ALL scripture--the JWs and Mormons do so, let alone atheists. No, there are multiple prophecies about David being raised--and in fact, no other king is mentioned in them--and Abraham et all were also promised to be resurrected in Israel in the FUTURE.

The diaspora was prophesied to last 70 years in Babylon and history and scripture both record the return of some of Israel to the land following.

I hate to sound like a broken record here but you are wrong.

You are a broken record of complete nonsense. The "disapora" and the Babylonian EXILE were two completelty different things. The "exile" was not really what many think it was. Only SOME upper-class Jews were taken, in waves, over many many decades, NOT all at the same time. The "return" was also the same sort of PROCESS, No "prediction" could possibly pinpoint a LONG "process". So your complete ignorance of the period is yet again showing, Q. "History" *records* no such thing. They didn't even all "get there" in 70 years, much less "return" in 70 years.

Sorry. I'm not the one who's wrong here, and you have NOT ONE real historical reference to prove your nonsense. To say NOTHING of the fact, that you can in no way prove when anything was actually "recorded" or written.

Prophesy is NOT prediction of the future. That is a common street-level ignorant misconception by those who really have never studied that literature.

https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/f/fi...bible.html

Feel free to actually read what I write. I already WROTE that SOME returned from the exile.

But are you denying my statement regarding the nation birthed twice in a day?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2015, 03:20 PM
(17-11-2015 12:21 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 12:15 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, I didn't say those things. You asked me for a natural example and I said the promise of a new child is fulfilled again as the child matures, and then you made comments about disabled children I didn't say or imply.

A great example of doubled prophecy touches Israel. Prophecies have Israel being "birthed" (sorry but there's birth again) in a single day, TWO times:

1) The Exodus from Egypt--slaves to a free nation

2) May 15, 1948--voted their land back by the United Nations--May 14 not a country, May 15 a country

You should study prophecy on your own, carefully, rather than have me dictate it to you. Prophecy is a tremendous apologetic for the truthfulness of the Bible.

Thanks.

It's a great example of 100% intentionally acted upon fulfilling this idea of a prophecy you know of. The Zionists wanted to fulfill that prophecy so they politically did it made it a "event" to make Israel a place again, even though that's not really forming a nation, the moving of the people into there was.

How is wandering 40 years birthing a nation you're not even in, in a day? Because there are already civilizations living in that area? (plus it's been shown how the archaeology on that isn't backed up at all. The real takeover of Israel by the Hebrews was from a cultural shift over the Canaanites, not from a mass immigration/warfare take over from Egypt.

It's like people don't quite grasp the NT writers were able there to write stories in a manner to relate to the prophecies... Because they KNEW the prophecy. That's why you write it to proclaim that it is enacted POST the alleged event.

And how did the Zionists, who didn't exist until modern times, preserve the Jewish people for two millennia unto their return to the land?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-11-2015, 03:23 PM
(17-11-2015 12:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 12:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It is common nonsense to allegorize ALL scripture--the JWs and Mormons do so, let alone atheists. No, there are multiple prophecies about David being raised--and in fact, no other king is mentioned in them--and Abraham et all were also promised to be resurrected in Israel in the FUTURE.

The diaspora was prophesied to last 70 years in Babylon and history and scripture both record the return of some of Israel to the land following.

I hate to sound like a broken record here but you are wrong.

Explain to me, if you will, the Christian perspective for this 70-year diaspora in Babylon. Do you believe that this prophecy was fulfilled at 70 years?

The people were held liable for not obeying the seventh-year Sabbath law to let the land rest. They were held liable for 490 years of disobedience (the length of the reign of kings). They "owed" 70 years and the exile was 70 years.

21-11-2015, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2015 09:56 PM by Deltabravo.)
The Diaspora was caused by climatic conditions which melted a glacier and freed up land which people moved to when the middle regions of the planet became too hot. The Middle East and North Africa were once fertile and populated, with proto-Europeans and their servant/slave classes who eventually rose up against the feudal kings and they used Islam as a focal point for that movement, but the underlying religion was, as it always was, the Abrahamic monotheism which prevailed at the time of Jesus and against which the Romans fought the War with the Jews.

One tribe of the "Jews" likely migrated from Syria to the areas north of the Black Sea. They were the Khazars and they later adopted rabinnical Judaism. They were eventually overrun by Mongols and pushed into Europe and became the Ashkenazi Jews.

If you ignore the mystical aspects of the NT narrative or assume that the "miracles" are either mere invention or misinterpretations, you are left with a story of a man preaching what today would be viewed as something resembling a rational, secular moral philosophy with "reason" or the "word" at its core and a lot of examples of how to lead a rational moral life. I have been reading the NT again and find it fascinating because it is so clearly aimed at a religion which resembles ISIS with its beheadings, displays of outward piety and focus on brutality. I suggest reading it and thinking about what is actually being said on a moral level by the NT and who it is aimed at, rather than focusing on the Superman story, which is merely a backdrop to the moral message.

Try it, you'll thank me.
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2015, 10:29 PM
(21-11-2015 09:53 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The Diaspora was caused by climatic conditions which melted a glacier and freed up land which people moved to when the middle regions of the planet became too hot. The Middle East and North Africa were once fertile and populated, with proto-Europeans and their servant/slave classes who eventually rose up against the feudal kings and they used Islam as a focal point for that movement, but the underlying religion was, as it always was, the Abrahamic monotheism which prevailed at the time of Jesus and against which the Romans fought the War with the Jews.

One tribe of the "Jews" likely migrated from Syria to the areas north of the Black Sea. They were the Khazars and they later adopted rabinnical Judaism. They were eventually overrun by Mongols and pushed into Europe and became the Ashkenazi Jews.

If you ignore the mystical aspects of the NT narrative or assume that the "miracles" are either mere invention or misinterpretations, you are left with a story of a man preaching what today would be viewed as something resembling a rational, secular moral philosophy with "reason" or the "word" at its core and a lot of examples of how to lead a rational moral life. I have been reading the NT again and find it fascinating because it is so clearly aimed at a religion which resembles ISIS with its beheadings, displays of outward piety and focus on brutality. I suggest reading it and thinking about what is actually being said on a moral level by the NT and who it is aimed at, rather than focusing on the Superman story, which is merely a backdrop to the moral message.

Try it, you'll thank me.

More dot-connection fiction. No references.
You're simply full of shit, as always.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-11-2015, 10:31 PM
(20-11-2015 03:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 12:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Explain to me, if you will, the Christian perspective for this 70-year diaspora in Babylon. Do you believe that this prophecy was fulfilled at 70 years?

The people were held liable for not obeying the seventh-year Sabbath law to let the land rest. They were held liable for 490 years of disobedience (the length of the reign of kings). They "owed" 70 years and the exile was 70 years.

There was no "70 year" exile. Feel free to actually read what I wrote. You have no historical references to prove that. What it DOES prove, is you are ignorant of Ancient Near Eastern history.

You need an education.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-11-2015, 01:59 PM
(21-11-2015 10:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 09:53 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The Diaspora was caused by climatic conditions which melted a glacier and freed up land which people moved to when the middle regions of the planet became too hot. The Middle East and North Africa were once fertile and populated, with proto-Europeans and their servant/slave classes who eventually rose up against the feudal kings and they used Islam as a focal point for that movement, but the underlying religion was, as it always was, the Abrahamic monotheism which prevailed at the time of Jesus and against which the Romans fought the War with the Jews.

Try it, you'll thank me.

More dot-connection fiction. No references.

http://www.academia.edu/3510576/ORIGINS_...AL_CONTEXT Drinking Beverage
22-11-2015, 02:54 PM
(22-11-2015 01:59 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 10:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  More dot-connection fiction. No references.

http://www.academia.edu/3510576/ORIGINS_...AL_CONTEXT Drinking Beverage

Interesting theory ... but ya see, in real academic History, ONE paper proves nothing, and you asserted it as a fact. It may have a been a factor, but whatever they ALL WERE, there were many.

Now let's see a peer-review of the paper.

22-11-2015, 03:44 PM

Try it, you'll thank me.

What glacier was that? Consider And provide a citation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-11-2015, 10:54 AM

Try it, you'll thank me.

History confirms the length of the Babylonian exile and the length of the diaspora--matching Bible prophecy.