Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(21-11-2015 10:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 03:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The people were held liable for not obeying the seventh-year Sabbath law to let the land rest. They were held liable for 490 years of disobedience (the length of the reign of kings). They "owed" 70 years and the exile was 70 years.

There was no "70 year" exile. Feel free to actually read what I wrote. You have no historical references to prove that. What it DOES prove, is you are ignorant of Ancient Near Eastern history.

You need an education.

Of course there was. Scholars have confirmed the captivity. Most first-year students remember the carvings depicting the Assyrian captivity, let alone the documents regarding the Babylonian exile.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 05:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-11-2015 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 10:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There was no "70 year" exile. Feel free to actually read what I wrote. You have no historical references to prove that. What it DOES prove, is you are ignorant of Ancient Near Eastern history.

You need an education.

Of course there was. Scholars have confirmed the captivity. Most first-year students remember the carvings depicting the Assyrian captivity, let alone the documents regarding the Babylonian exile.

There was a "captivity", but it was more of a "movement" and the Hebrews thrived, were happy, integrated, and productive, and were not "captives". It happened in "waves", and not all Jews were moved. It didn't last "70 years". Do try to follow along, Q. The Persian emperor was the one responsible for the return, as he wanted a buffer state between him and the invading Greeks. He, not the gods, are responsibe for the "return" and the reestablishment of Israel and the temple.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
23-11-2015, 12:54 PM
(23-11-2015 10:54 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  History confirms the length of the Babylonian exile and the length of the diaspora--matching Bible prophecy.

[Image: 1390269212824.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-11-2015, 11:51 PM
(23-11-2015 12:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 10:54 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  History confirms the length of the Babylonian exile and the length of the diaspora--matching Bible prophecy.

[Image: 1390269212824.png]

How do you cite Q's bunghole?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-11-2015, 11:13 AM
(23-11-2015 11:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Of course there was. Scholars have confirmed the captivity. Most first-year students remember the carvings depicting the Assyrian captivity, let alone the documents regarding the Babylonian exile.

There was a "captivity", but it was more of a "movement" and the Hebrews thrived, were happy, integrated, and productive, and were not "captives". It happened in "waves", and not all Jews were moved. It didn't last "70 years". Do try to follow along, Q. The Persian emperor was the one responsible for the return, as he wanted a buffer state between him and the invading Greeks. He, not the gods, are responsibe for the "return" and the reestablishment of Israel and the temple.

The stele of the Assyrian captivity show the Jews being led away as slaves and their precious temple menorah seized. SOME of the Jews in Babylon did thrive, like Daniel and his friends. Jewish people are the cream and intelligentsia of wherever they reside (another Bible prophecy fulfilled).

It did last 70 years, to the day.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-11-2015, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2015 01:04 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-11-2015 11:13 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There was a "captivity", but it was more of a "movement" and the Hebrews thrived, were happy, integrated, and productive, and were not "captives". It happened in "waves", and not all Jews were moved. It didn't last "70 years". Do try to follow along, Q. The Persian emperor was the one responsible for the return, as he wanted a buffer state between him and the invading Greeks. He, not the gods, are responsibe for the "return" and the reestablishment of Israel and the temple.

The stele of the Assyrian captivity show the Jews being led away as slaves and their precious temple menorah seized. SOME of the Jews in Babylon did thrive, like Daniel and his friends. Jewish people are the cream and intelligentsia of wherever they reside (another Bible prophecy fulfilled).

It did last 70 years, to the day.

Completely false. No citation, from any competent historian.
You are an ignorant liar. As I have said many times, you have NOT ONE clue about what you are babbling:

"Archaeological studies have revealed that not all of the population of Judah was deported, and that, although Jerusalem was utterly destroyed, other parts of Judah continued to be inhabited during the period of the exile. The return of the exiles was a gradual process rather than a single event, and many of the deportees or their descendants did not return".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_captivity

It most certainly not 70 years to the day. You just made that up. You provided no reference, and no proof. You can't. There was no fortune-telling/omen reading about Jewish intelligentia. It was forbidden.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-11-2015, 12:58 PM
It was the ruling aristocracy of the Hyksos who were captured for their wealth and abilities.
24-11-2015, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2015 01:15 PM by Deltabravo.)
Horus worshippers mainly.

Bucky. This is where we get words like horoscope and hour which are a circle of 12. Around a central cross dividing the day or year into quarters. In the night sky you can see th u can see this cross tonight just behind horus with his o Gallic "belt" Go look. You'll thank me.
24-11-2015, 01:11 PM
(24-11-2015 01:09 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hours worshippers mainly.

Of course.
Prove it. Facepalm

24-11-2015, 01:18 PM
And Bucky. The word horus gives us "chorus" who are like the disciples around the principle singer. Or can you not see the similarity of the two words? I'll help. Take the first letter off chorus. Get it?