Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 02:39 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(22-04-2015 02:30 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It's not choose belief, it's choose spirituality/god/truth over self and pride IMHO.

Yes, I do know people who died and went to Hell. Watching them depart this world was very painful. Yes, I do know that Jesus died and resurrected and speaks with authority over these matters.

You are once again making claims that you cannot support with any evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-04-2015, 03:02 PM
(17-04-2015 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 12:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus paid the penalty for our sins.

Jesus died for the sins of all mankind, everywhere, everywhen. Through His sacrifice we are all going to Heaven whether we like it or not. To make salvation conditional on some mental state in my head not only diminishes the sacrifice of The Christ to the point of being worthless, it is the height of arrogance. A trait which seems common to all false "Christians".

Seems to go back to the animal sacrifices that god the father allegedly liked sniffing.
One would think an all knowing god could come up with something smarter than torturing his 'son' (or self, if you hold to the trinity dogma) to punish/reward his products..
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
22-04-2015, 04:31 PM
(22-04-2015 02:30 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It's not choose belief, it's choose spirituality/god/truth over self and pride IMHO.
Truth is a hard thing to ascertain. The scientific method goes to great lengths to distinguish truth from fiction. It is very hard to claim something as scientific truth.

Regarding spirituality and god how can truth be distinguished from fiction?

I don't think it makes sense to say that you value truth above self and pride. These things aren't necessarily in opposition.
From what little I know about Christianity is that they do put much effort into stripping a person of their self confidence. Stripping their ability to self evaluate right from wrong, stripping their ability to evaluate truth from fiction, stripping their ability to be skeptical and question.
Claiming that if a person does these things themselves they are doing it as a flawed, corrupted (and almost worthless) human being. They make a claim that you thinking for yourself is pride filled and that pride is somehow a bad thing.
They then put their church in this position of authority. Look for the answers from us, we will guide you. You are unworthy to make these decisions for yourself, we will do the thinking for you.
Their motive of course is to create a dependant relationship. To control you and to get you to give them money.
(22-04-2015 02:30 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I do know people who died and went to Hell. Watching them depart this world was very painful. Yes, I do know that Jesus died and resurrected and speaks with authority over these matters.
I have no doubt you have known people who have died. But you don't know that they have gone to hell. Isn't god the sole judge of that?
You don't know that Jesus died and was resurrected, this is a belief you hold. Your position is of belief and faith and that is what you believe is required of you. Your position isn't that of evidentiary based knowledge.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
22-04-2015, 04:38 PM

Yes, I do know people who died and went to Hell. Watching them depart this world was very painful. Yes, I do know that Jesus died and resurrected and speaks with authority over these matters.

You think you know people who died who you think deserved to go to hell, and did, based on the koolaid you seem to mainline. You don't know anything of the sort. Unless you want to tell us that you went with them to drop them off and then returned with photos or some other sort of proof, your delusions hold no sway here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2015, 04:58 PM
(22-04-2015 02:30 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I do know people who died and went to Hell.

Like I said, you're a smug arrogant hypocritical blasphemer who fails to follow The Word of your own delusional creed. I know Jesus, I've worked with Jesus, and you sir are no Christian.

"Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?" (James 4:12)

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

"As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand." (Romans 14:1-4)

Fucking hypocrite.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-04-2015, 07:21 AM

Do you know they went to hell? Or do you believe they went to hell based on your model of christianity?
23-04-2015, 10:36 AM
(23-04-2015 07:21 AM)Dusky Wrote:  

Do you know they went to hell? Or do you believe they went to hell based on your model of christianity?

To paraphrase Voltaire's maid, "Never again will I attend the deathbed of an atheist." I've watched Christians and atheists suffer then pass and the distinctions are as night and day.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
23-04-2015, 10:42 AM
(23-04-2015 10:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 07:21 AM)Dusky Wrote:  Do you know they went to hell? Or do you believe they went to hell based on your model of christianity?

To paraphrase Voltaire's maid, "Never again will I attend the deathbed of an atheist." I've watched Christians and atheists suffer then pass and the distinctions are as night and day.

And those distinctions are ... ? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-04-2015, 11:33 AM
(23-04-2015 10:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  To paraphrase Voltaire's maid, "Never again will I attend the deathbed of an atheist." I've watched Christians and atheists suffer then pass and the distinctions are as night and day.

And those distinctions are ... ? Consider

The Christians were terrified, the atheists were not. At least that's been my observation.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-04-2015, 12:02 PM
(23-04-2015 10:36 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 07:21 AM)Dusky Wrote:  Do you know they went to hell? Or do you believe they went to hell based on your model of christianity?

OK - now you have proven your insanity! Your big fat self-righteous jackass is showing big time there Q. Thanks for surprising me and topping yourself with the greatest of stupidity and arrogance I have seen to date. "Night and day" my freaking A$$! So sad that your mental condition makes you say such nonsense - so very sad.Confused

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —