Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(02-12-2015 03:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  David will rise from the dead. The OT patriarchs were promised land grants and things that are yet to be. David will be raised in the coming millennium. Yes.

Whoa, I don't read your drivel anymore but this caught my attention.

You have completely lost your fucking mind. Laugh out load

WTF? Not regretting putting him on ignore.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Too bad that most Christian predictions are always for *after* the person dies. That way, when it doesn't come true, it can be quietly swept under a rug and ignored.

So "this millennium" is an empty promise/prediction.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
03-12-2015, 09:23 AM
(02-12-2015 03:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Too bad that most Christian predictions are always for *after* the person dies. That way, when it doesn't come true, it can be quietly swept under a rug and ignored.

That sounds logical unless you enter in this fact: hundreds of Bible prophecies have come to pass, even in the modern era, so others are assured as well.

Note carefully how the patriarchs were promised Israel borders that did not exist in ancient Israel--the times they will be a changin'. Of course, we have even Israel itself as fulfillment of dozens of Bible prophecies. Take a look sometime:

http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophecy.htm

Thank you.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2015, 10:09 AM
I have researched those already. Most "prophecies fulfilled" are vague interpretations. I'm not a rube and I don't like being hinted that I am.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
03-12-2015, 10:10 AM
And I also find it funny that I've been here a year and this is the first time Q has ever answered anything I've said, including past direct questions.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
03-12-2015, 12:18 PM
(03-12-2015 09:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 03:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Too bad that most Christian predictions are always for *after* the person dies. That way, when it doesn't come true, it can be quietly swept under a rug and ignored.

That sounds logical unless you enter in this fact: hundreds of Bible prophecies have come to pass, even in the modern era, so others are assured as well.

Note carefully how the patriarchs were promised Israel borders that did not exist in ancient Israel--the times they will be a changin'. Of course, we have even Israel itself as fulfillment of dozens of Bible prophecies. Take a look sometime:

Thank you.

Q, I have only one question: What are you wearing on your head?
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
03-12-2015, 12:23 PM
(03-12-2015 12:18 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  That sounds logical unless you enter in this fact: hundreds of Bible prophecies have come to pass, even in the modern era, so others are assured as well.

Thank you.

Q, I have only one question: What are you wearing on your head?
It looks like a condom.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
03-12-2015, 05:16 PM
(03-12-2015 09:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

Thank you.

So....let me get this straight.
Your Jebus is gonna grab someone's land and give it to David and Co., and you actually think a Jew in Israel is gonna say "Oh, Ok, if you say so".

You are such a moron.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-12-2015, 05:22 PM
(03-12-2015 09:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Note carefully how the patriarchs were promised Israel borders that did not exist in ancient Israel--the times they will be a changin'. Of course, we have even Israel itself as fulfillment of dozens of Bible prophecies. Take a look sometime:

Thank you.

Yawn. Biblical Prophecies.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-12-2015, 12:29 PM
(03-12-2015 10:09 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I have researched those already. Most "prophecies fulfilled" are vague interpretations. I'm not a rube and I don't like being hinted that I am.

I didn't imply anything about your being a rube. I answered your question.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user