Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 09:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(07-12-2015 12:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So....let me get this straight.
Your Jebus is gonna grab someone's land and give it to David and Co., and you actually think a Jew in Israel is gonna say "Oh, Ok, if you say so".

You are such a moron.

1. I will leave this forum permanently if you (not someone borrowing your login) will type "Jesus Christ" on your post instead of "Jeebus". You are demon-possessed and cannot bring yourself to say the name of the Lord in written form!

2. You are ignorant (willfully?) of the prophecies. Israel will experience a scattering and persecution of the Antichrist, and those Jews surviving Armageddon will enjoy having David among them in the Millennium. The idea that a landowner can stop God (see Noahic Flood) is ridiculous on its face.

Ya know, Q, you ignorant literalist Fundies are actually VERY disrepectful and invalidate the poetic nature, and all the other literary form used in ancient literature.
YOU do your own cause a huge disservice in your ignorant requirement to read those texts as meant literally.

In fact, the "symbolic sacrificial" advance from *actual* blood-sacrifice was an advancement in human culture. But as usual, it goes WAY over the heads of Fundies, such as you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-12-2015, 04:18 PM
(07-12-2015 02:24 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 12:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Bear in mind, I sometimes receive 8-25 responses for my posts. I try not to post 8-25 replies every time. If you have some questions for me, I'm all ears.

"If you have some questions for me, I'm all ears."

Ok. Please show us the evidence that Paul was "beaten many times by Romans" and that Paul "spend most of his ministry days in Roman prisons around the Empire?" (your words)

Do not avoid answering by
- asking another question
- making an ad hominem about me
- telling us how many people agree with you
- not bothering to reply
- or by claiming the question is off topic

The problem here is that you and Q have different standards (and maybe even different definitions) of "evidence". In his mind, he has already given you plenty of evidence -- it says so in the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God™, and what better evidence could anyone ask for? It either doesn't occur to him, or he doesn't want to admit, that there could be any need for evidence beyond "The Bible says so". You don't accept the Bible as a source, and he does.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
07-12-2015, 05:31 PM
(07-12-2015 12:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are demon-possessed and cannot bring yourself to say the name of the Lord in written form!

Demon-possessed [Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

What are you in, kindergarten?

Demon-possessed... [Image: fZwTlTI.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
07-12-2015, 05:48 PM
(07-12-2015 05:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 12:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are demon-possessed and cannot bring yourself to say the name of the Lord in written form!

Demon-possessed [Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

What are you in, kindergarten?

Demon-possessed... [Image: fZwTlTI.gif?zoom=2]

Just a tiny question. How do you "say" something "in written form" ? Consider
Oh. I get it. He was talking about Dragon speech recognition software. Yes
That must be it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-12-2015, 09:25 PM
(07-12-2015 02:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 12:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. I will leave this forum permanently if you (not someone borrowing your login) will type "Jesus Christ" on your post instead of "Jeebus". You are demon-possessed and cannot bring yourself to say the name of the Lord in written form!

2. You are ignorant (willfully?) of the prophecies. Israel will experience a scattering and persecution of the Antichrist, and those Jews surviving Armageddon will enjoy having David among them in the Millennium. The idea that a landowner can stop God (see Noahic Flood) is ridiculous on its face.

Ya know, Q, you ignorant literalist Fundies are actually VERY disrepectful and invalidate the poetic nature of ancient literature. YOU
do your own cause a huge disservice in your ignorant requirement to read those texts as meant literally.

In fact, the "symbolic sacrificial" advance from *actual* blood-sacrifice was an advancement in human culture. But as usual, it goes WAY over the heads of Fundies, such as you.

Bwahahaa! If you're "demon possessed" according to Q, you're doing something right!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-12-2015, 11:12 PM
(07-12-2015 02:24 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 12:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Bear in mind, I sometimes receive 8-25 responses for my posts. I try not to post 8-25 replies every time. If you have some questions for me, I'm all ears.

Ok. Please show us the evidence that Paul was "beaten many times by Romans" and that Paul "spend most of his ministry days in Roman prisons around the Empire?" (your words)

- not bothering to reply

"It's just basic, read your Bible" Tongue See, not on your list of not allowed behaviours. Q's a fool pretending to be smart. The funniest part is that he thinks we don't see it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-12-2015, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 03:25 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(07-12-2015 04:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 02:24 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "If you have some questions for me, I'm all ears."

- not bothering to reply

The problem here is that you and Q have different standards (and maybe even different definitions) of "evidence". In his mind, he has already given you plenty of evidence -- it says so in the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God™, and what better evidence could anyone ask for? It either doesn't occur to him, or he doesn't want to admit, that there could be any need for evidence beyond "The Bible says so". You don't accept the Bible as a source, and he does.

I'm frustrated that in my so called "debate" (it's a bit one sided) with him, I've asked him at least forty direct questions that he hasn't answered. These are the latest two. He has the audacity to write here that he wants to answer questions, so I challenged him (again).

I agree with what you are saying.

In this case, I'm just asking him to provide any biblical evidence for his assertions ( I know there's no chance of him providing evidence from elsewhere,) yet he can't even do that. I don't think he has read his babble with a critical eye. I don't think either of his statements are correct, but I'm open to a discussion on these topics.

Did you know he's a self proclaimed "expert" on Paul? Facepalm An expert who won't answer some simple questions. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2015, 03:23 PM
(08-12-2015 03:18 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 04:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The problem here is that you and Q have different standards (and maybe even different definitions) of "evidence". In his mind, he has already given you plenty of evidence -- it says so in the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God™, and what better evidence could anyone ask for? It either doesn't occur to him, or he doesn't want to admit, that there could be any need for evidence beyond "The Bible says so". You don't accept the Bible as a source, and he does.

I'm frustrated that in my so called "debate" (it's a bit one sided) with him, I've asked him at least forty direct questions that he hasn't answered. These are the latest two. He has the audacity to write here that he wants to answer questions, so I challenged him (again).

I agree with what you are saying.

In this case, I'm just asking him to provide any biblical evidence for his assertions ( I know there's no chance of him providing evidence from elsewhere,) yet he can't even do that.

Did you know he's a self proclaimed "expert" on Paul? Facepalm An expert who won't answer some simple questions. Drinking Beverage

He write pamphlets about Paul. Thumbsup
That makes him an expert. Weeping

08-12-2015, 04:37 PM
(07-12-2015 11:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 02:24 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "If you have some questions for me, I'm all ears."

- not bothering to reply

"It's just basic, read your Bible" Tongue See, not on your list of not allowed behaviours. Q's a fool pretending to be smart. The funniest part is that he thinks we don't see it.

I don't think he sees it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Q writes

then disappears for a week.

That's rude, and disrespectful.