Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
When and if Q returns, I would like addressed the fact that he has claimed that the prophesy of the reestablishment of Israel, ("to the date") is some sort of "fulfillment".

However, we know from Jeremiah, that he "found a cave, and he brought there the tent and the ark and the altar of incense, and he sealed up the entrance. Some of those who followed him came up to mark the way, but could not find it. When Jeremiah learned of it, he rebuked them and declared: "The place shall be unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows his mercy. And then the Lord will disclose these things, and the glory of the Lord and the cloud will appear, as they were shown in the case of Moses, and as Solomon asked that the place should be specially consecrated."

Clearly the arc has not been found, and the present 'gathering" represents nothing that was foretold.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2015, 03:50 PM
(26-12-2015 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  When and if Q returns, I would like addressed the fact that he has claimed that the prophesy of the reestablishment of Israel, ("to the date") is some sort of "fulfillment".

However, we know from Jeremiah, that he "found a cave, and he brought there the tent and the ark and the altar of incense, and he sealed up the entrance. Some of those who followed him came up to mark the way, but could not find it. When Jeremiah learned of it, he rebuked them and declared: "The place shall be unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows his mercy. And then the Lord will disclose these things, and the glory of the Lord and the cloud will appear, as they were shown in the case of Moses, and as Solomon asked that the place should be specially consecrated."

Clearly the arc has not been found, and the present 'gathering" represents nothing that was foretold.

Good point.

Q won't address it. He doesn't have the intellectual integrity.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2015, 04:06 PM
(26-12-2015 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  When and if Q returns, I would like addressed the fact that he has claimed that the prophesy of the reestablishment of Israel, ("to the date") is some sort of "fulfillment".

Sounds like a bunch of MOJO to me.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
26-12-2015, 04:14 PM
(07-12-2015 02:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 12:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. I will leave this forum permanently if you (not someone borrowing your login) will type "Jesus Christ" on your post instead of "Jeebus". You are demon-possessed and cannot bring yourself to say the name of the Lord in written form!

2. You are ignorant (willfully?) of the prophecies. Israel will experience a scattering and persecution of the Antichrist, and those Jews surviving Armageddon will enjoy having David among them in the Millennium. The idea that a landowner can stop God (see Noahic Flood) is ridiculous on its face.

Ya know, Q, you ignorant literalist Fundies are actually VERY disrepectful and invalidate the poetic nature, and all the other literary form used in ancient literature.
YOU do your own cause a huge disservice in your ignorant requirement to read those texts as meant literally.

In fact, the "symbolic sacrificial" advance from *actual* blood-sacrifice was an advancement in human culture. But as usual, it goes WAY over the heads of Fundies, such as you.

Dang Bucky, I didn't know you were demon possessed. When did you get yours ? My mother swears I got mine when I was 3 years old.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
26-12-2015, 04:53 PM
(26-12-2015 04:14 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 02:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ya know, Q, you ignorant literalist Fundies are actually VERY disrepectful and invalidate the poetic nature, and all the other literary form used in ancient literature.
YOU do your own cause a huge disservice in your ignorant requirement to read those texts as meant literally.

In fact, the "symbolic sacrificial" advance from *actual* blood-sacrifice was an advancement in human culture. But as usual, it goes WAY over the heads of Fundies, such as you.

Dang Bucky, I didn't know you were demon possessed. When did you get yours ? My mother swears I got mine when I was 3 years old.

I think I was born with mine. Laugh out load

I was looking for actual historical references to the arc, and the last time it was known to have been seen. So Jeremiah (who would never actually have had the power to take it from the priests, from the temple), ... I mean think about it "Oh hi, I'm just gonna take your stuff and go hide it, OK ?" ........ ah, no.

So he *says* he hid it. We know most of the writings that were assembled into the Torah of Moses, were assembled and redacted during the "Exile" AFTER Jeremiah was said to have said that. We know there were arcs in Shiloh, and Beth-el and Dan. We know only the High Priest was allowed into the Holy of Holies, only once a year, where it (supposedly) was. I'm thinkin' there may have never really been an arc in the temple in Jerusalem, at all, at least such as is described.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-12-2015, 05:11 PM
(26-12-2015 04:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 04:14 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Dang Bucky, I didn't know you were demon possessed. When did you get yours ? My mother swears I got mine when I was 3 years old.

I think I was born with mine. Laugh out load

I was looking for actual historical references to the arc, and the last time it was known to have been seen. So Jeremiah (who would never actually have had the power to take it from the priests, from the temple), ... I mean think about it "Oh hi, I'm just gonna take your stuff and go hide it, OK ?" ........ ah, no.

So he *says* he hid it. We know most of the writings that were assembled into the Torah of Moses, were assembled and redacted during the "Exile" AFTER Jeremiah was said to have said that. We know there were arcs in Shiloh, and Beth-el and Dan. We know only the High Priest was allowed into the Holy of Holies, only once a year, where it (supposedly) was. I'm thinkin' there may have never really been an arc in the temple in Jerusalem, at all, at least such as is described.

I don't think that Titus found an arc in the temple in 70 CE. The "holy of holies" was just an empty room.
26-12-2015, 05:18 PM
(26-12-2015 05:11 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 04:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think I was born with mine. Laugh out load

I don't think that Titus found an arc in the temple in 70 CE. The "holy of holies" was just an empty room.

On the Triumphal Arch of Titus in Rome, there are reliefs of the temple objects being carried away .... but no arc among them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_of_Titus

23-01-2016, 06:16 PM
My demon told me to stop by and say "yo" Q.
Unsure

24-01-2016, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2016 03:30 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(23-01-2016 06:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My demon told me to stop by and say "yo" Q.
Unsure

The Q has almost lost the will to sprout his shit here.

I think we're going to need a new toy to play with.

I, for one, would love a team of christians to descend on this forum and we have a battle of wits. Debating Q was like the gulf war...there was no resistance.

Where are you Christians? Jeebus died for you, and here's a bunch of atheist sinners who just don't appreciate that, and you're letting us have your spokesmen, like Q, for dinner. Jeebus must be seriously pissed off. Pull your fingers out and stand up for what you believe in.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
24-01-2016, 05:45 AM
(24-01-2016 03:22 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 06:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My demon told me to stop by and say "yo" Q.
Unsure

The Q has almost lost the will to sprout his shit here.

I think we're going to need a new toy to play with.

I, for one, would love a team of christians to descend on this forum and we have a battle of wits. Debating Q was like the gulf war...there was no resistance.

Where are you Christians? Jeebus died for you, and here's a bunch of atheist sinners who just don't appreciate that, and you're letting us have your spokesmen, like Q, for dinner. Jeebus must be seriously pissed off. Pull your fingers out and stand up for what you believe in.

:: picks up the phone ::

.... You ought to watch what you wish for, Mark.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post